PDA

View Full Version : panic!!!!!

Bob
12-06-2006, 05:47 PM
i've been in denial that law school exams were ever going to happen, but it's just hit me now that they're in a week and a half and i haven't really begun preparing. one exam that determines your entire grade (well there aren't grades at my university but the point is that there's only one exam)

i have 3 classes, probably about 40-50 pages worth of notes per class that i have to condense into outlines that i can work with for an exam...it doesn't help that for the first month or so, my brain was still very squishy and i didn't know what the fuck was going on in my classes, so have page upon page of notes that read like this:

Dioguardi v. Durning

Dispute over…handling of some imports or something…district court dismissed it because…I don’t know. Something about federal rules of civil procedure

Rules involved: 8(a) and 12(b)(6)…

From plaintiff’s POV, 8(a) tells what needs to go into a complaint, and 12(b)(6) is what defendant uses to challenge the sufficiency of the claim…District court granted 12b6 motion, meaning …?

Plaintiff appealed to circuit court, and judge decided that…ahhhhh

and then there are classes that i missed and readings that i didn't do and i'll have to go back to, on top of the shit that i didn't understand and ahhhhhh hahahahaha oh man this sucks. i might have to unplug the internet for this one

b i o n i c
12-06-2006, 05:50 PM
findlaw.com + make a (law)girl friend to study with... good luck!

Lex Diamonds
12-06-2006, 05:53 PM
at the disco?

milleson
12-06-2006, 05:56 PM
Milleson's college success tip #1

Go to class. Every class.

Bob
12-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Milleson's college success tip #1

Go to class. Every class.

i didn't do that in college, and i did ok, but it's certainly true for law school. missing notes are....not a good thing.

i mean i knew that, and i always felt bad every time i missed one, but it's too late for that now

Lex Diamonds
12-06-2006, 06:04 PM
Bob: I just noticed your avatar and custom title and LOLed. Nice work. (y)

paul jones
12-06-2006, 06:09 PM
Bob: I just noticed your avatar and custom title and LOLed. Nice work. (y)
well spotted sherlock(y)

Bob
12-06-2006, 06:10 PM
well spotted sherlock(y)

different holmes, but thank you padster!

i wonder if holmes panicked too

i bet he did

Rock
12-06-2006, 06:11 PM
Dude...get off the computer and handle your shit.

Bob
12-06-2006, 06:19 PM
ah i've got time

DeeJayZap
12-06-2006, 06:30 PM
somebody's in denial! :rolleyes:

Lex Diamonds
12-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Dude...get off the computer and handle your shit.
Playing with his dump won't solve anything.

Bob
12-18-2006, 04:34 PM
i dunno what i was so worried about

i took 2, i have one left, it's not so bad

i shouldn't have psyched myself out so much

or maybe i've just been getting lucky and getting easy questions. WE'LL SEE WHEN WE GET THE EXAMS BACK

my next one's on wednesday and my outline's only half-finished. i want to get it done today so i can review it and do practice exams all day tomorrow. but i think i'm gonna watch bladerunner instead

today though man, today...i got no sleep last night, i was just tossing and turning. i only got 3 hours of sleep. my exam was 4 hours long. that means i spent more time writing about civil procedure (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=72272) today than i spent sleeping last night. yet somehow i woke up feeling oddly energized. i dunno, it's always like that around exams.

i really think i just got lucky though, the question didn't force me discuss anything i didn't know, and there were things i didn't know, i was so worried. that always seems to happen with exams, too. i'm really beginning to wonder if i'm not just impossibly lucky