PDA

View Full Version : this is extremely gay but

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 12:17 PM
I really like him. But this one... it's not just physical. I actually like him. I really do. I was scared of it at first and now I think I am hanging up a white flag and accepting it.

And I feel like I should tell him that I like him, and really like spending time with him. And maybe it's obvious already that I do LIKE him (and he likes me I mean hell, I've met his parents and his brother, his brothers wife, their kids, etc etc) since and we keep touching each others butts and enjoying each others time but, still. I want it to maybe be more eventually so I don't want him to think I just want to hang out with him and keep touching his butt only for fun long-term without something coming of it.

A few friends know how we met too and they think it's a cute story already.

I don't know. Is it a good idea to tell him that I like him, you know, directly?

I'm so gay.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 12:26 PM
I don't know. Is it a good idea to tell him that I like him, you know, directly?

Yes.

Rock
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
directly? do you mean instead of a note that you leave in his locker?

Tell him whats up. Who knows, he may be thinking the same thing as you.

BA01 is the gay.

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Yes.

damn it.

Why can't he just read my mind so I don't have to feel like a dork saying it aloud? :(

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
OH

and even if something does come of it eventually, his work will always keep him in the LA area. I already wanted to move to the area before I knew him but I am between moving to LA or San Fran. What if I decide to move to San Fran instead?

I know that's like REALLY thinking in to the future but I feel like I shouldn't meddle or bother starting something if there's no future to it. It's not a definite that there wouldn't be a future for it but there's a possibility that there will be no chance for one if I decide to go to San Fran instead a year from now.

HI GUYS I THINK TOO MUCH.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 12:35 PM
damn it.

Why can't he just read my mind so I don't have to feel like a dork saying it aloud? :(

You won't feel like a dork when he says it back and the two of you establish honest, mature communication with one another. I know it's hard, but it'll be worth it. If not, you'll know he's not worth it.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 12:40 PM
OH

and even if something does come of it eventually, his work will always keep him in the LA area. I already wanted to move to the area before I knew him but I am between moving to LA or San Fran. What if I decide to move to San Fran instead?

I know that's like REALLY thinking in to the future but I feel like I shouldn't meddle or bother starting something if there's no future to it. It's not a definite that there wouldn't be a future for it but there's a possibility that there will be no chance for one if I decide to go to San Fran instead a year from now.

HI GUYS I THINK TOO MUCH.

If I had thought about this kind of thing too much in the initial phases of my current relationship, nothing would've ever come of it. I had to make a lot of changes in my life for my relationship to be what it is now, but at this moment, I'm extremely glad I made them. But if I had known then what I know now, I would've pissed my pants and not done anything about the feelings that I had.

It's too easy to let what could happen down the line scare you out of enjoying what is happening right now.

It says a lot for me of all people to tell you not to do that, because thinking too much about the future is my middle name.

abcdefz
12-07-2006, 12:46 PM

How about something like this.

Whatever you guys each have going on at Christmastime, tell him you want to carve out a couple of hours just for the two of you on Christmas Day. Some special time when you two can be alone and have your own little Christmas together.

I think that would be "saying it" without saying it.

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 12:48 PM
touche on both parts.

I tend to be avoidant/nonconfrontational and extremely scared of rejection soooo I am going a little nuts. My stomach gets in knots. I feel literally on the verge of sickness. And I am sure I seem like a weirdo but I had to admit that so it makes sense why I am kind of struggling with this situation.

a-z, I would actually but he's 2 hours away and me leaving for any amount of time on Christmas Day would result in my Mother murdering me, haha.

paul jones
12-07-2006, 12:50 PM
I really like him. But this one... it's not just physical. I actually like him. I really do. I was scared of it at first and now I think I am hanging up a white flag and accepting it.

And I feel like I should tell him that I like him, and really like spending time with him. And maybe it's obvious already that I do LIKE him (and he likes me I mean hell, I've met his parents and his brother, his brothers wife, their kids, etc etc) since and we keep touching each others butts and enjoying each others time but, still. I want it to maybe be more eventually so I don't want him to think I just want to hang out with him and keep touching his butt only for fun long-term without something coming of it.

A few friends know how we met too and they think it's a cute story already.

I'm so gay.
you big gay!(y) :cool:

abcdefz
12-07-2006, 12:54 PM
me leaving for any amount of time on Christmas Day would result in my Mother murdering me, haha.

That's what makes it such a special gesture. (y)

But seriously. Each of you drive an hour and meet in the middle for half an hour. God, that would be sweet.

I drove 2 1/2 hours one time just to take a girl out for breakfast before her morning final. Trust me, I was her favorite boyfriend ever for a while, there, and she knew everything she needed to know about whether I thought she was special.

g-mile7
12-07-2006, 01:04 PM
suck his balls

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
been there done that do it on a regular basis

BUT a-z, that plan really is sweet. My only problem is if he says no. And honestly, no, my Mother really would kill me. I'm on lock down at my parents house for that day in it's entirety.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
You already said you know he likes you, so why this concern about him saying no?

Auton
12-07-2006, 01:10 PM
you give the dude head on a regular basis, but it's an issue that you have to let him know that you like him. ummmmm... ooook.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 01:11 PM
you give the dude head on a regular basis, but it's an issue that you have to let him know that you like him. ummmmm... ooook.

lolz

monkey
12-07-2006, 01:12 PM
he obviously likes you. you're just saying something that's kinda obvious for both of you. you just have to be brave and let happen. tell him you like him and he'll probably tell you he likes you, and then kiss and touch some more.
liking someone is not the worse thing that can happen to a person. :) i tell myself that everyday.

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 01:24 PM
hahaha Auton. Yeah, actually. Mainly because I honestly wasn't looking for anything at first other than "hey no pants" dance. Didn't expect that I'd actually like the guy in the "I want to date him" sense.

oh but the concern for him saying no is the "it's Christmas, are you insane?" kind of no. That and I'm not sure that I'd want to do it anyway. Christmas is kind of a big deal and I like him but I feel like that's almost a little too much.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 01:27 PM
Christmas is kind of a big deal and I like him but I feel like that's almost a little too much.

A little too much for the guy who introduced you to his whole family on your first date? :confused:

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 01:39 PM
wasn't the first date. I don't know if we really have been on an official date really (official meaning the old style dress up take me out to dinner type of date). That was maybe after hanging out 3 or 4 times.

but good point I guess.

cookiepuss
12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
As much as i love San Fran, I'm going to discourage you from moveing up here. Think FOG. cold nasty fucking Fog in the middle of JUNE. Coming from sunny San Diego that's going to be a bit of a shock for you. one of my old rooomates left SF because of the fog and she went to Sandy Eggo. so there.
Also do you have a car? there's no place to park your car in SF and when you do find a spot you'll probably have to get up at 3 am at least once a week to move it for the street sweepers. you'll also have to get your breaks replaced all the time because of the fucking hills. I went through at least two sets of breaks in the 3 years I lived there.

So there. you won't decide to move to SF and that's one less reason you can give yourself to be scared of liking this guy.;)

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I actually really hate owning a car. That would be a perk of SF. I went to San Fran when I was 16 and loved it. I of course am going back (next month in fact) to be sure I want it as an option for moving possibilities but yeah, everything I have experienced/heard/know about San Fran I love. The weather though is definitely the main issue deterring me. I notice that my mood is very much influenced by the weather, probably due to living in San Diego for just about all my life.

But we'll see! :p

cookiepuss
12-07-2006, 01:50 PM
well on the other hand if you come up here, I would probably actually get to hang out with you and like shake our asses up in da club in shit. that'd be cool. there are so many great things about SF, but I'm just trying to help you out with this guy issue by eleiminating one of your fear factors.

DandyFop
12-07-2006, 02:36 PM
crystal, I love you, and I am always keeping up on your life and what's going on, but this thread is annoying me - just freaking tell him beyotch! he'd be the world's biggest fool to not reciprocate, and I think the odds of him not doing it are about um 0.2%

Plus the only thing I have related to sex right now is things I read that you write, so do it for my sake k thanx.

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 02:40 PM
hahaha! I love you too, Barb :o

I'm a big scaredy cat and considering what you know in correlation with Auton's response, I know that probably makes no sense. But I'm a weirdo :( haha.

But okay! Okay. I'll do it. I'll tell him. I just have to figure out when. I don't know when I see him next and in person would be nice.

skra75
12-07-2006, 02:45 PM
hahaha Auton. Yeah, actually. Mainly because I honestly wasn't looking for anything at first other than "hey no pants" dance. Didn't expect that I'd actually like the guy in the "I want to date him" sense.

I've decided to throw my man-gay into this thread.

/\ I know this feeling. I was really just working my game to get laid and it feels pretty strange to suddenly realize that I actually enjoy being with this person. She's warm, she enjoys my company, I like hers, she likes me in my nerdy glasses, I miss her when she's gone.

I think it's fine to tell him how you feel. it made my relationship with Simone (lol) much stronger, and it made me feel better about myself, because I was being honest with her and also myself. I am allowing myself to be adored and I'm allowing myself to adore her in return.

What scares me is losing my single-ness, which I feel I never really tapped to it's full potential. Both of us have come out of long-term relationships that went sour. We both went through a period of time when we had fun with other people and now I think we are both open, but guarded, about having a new relationship. I'm taking it slow, a day at a time, but I'm allowing myself to be honest.

I recommend you do the same. It is painful to say those words but once I did, I felt a huge weight lift off my shoulders.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 02:50 PM
But okay! Okay. I'll do it. I'll tell him. I just have to figure out when. I don't know when I see him next and in person would be nice.

Strategizing will only make you more nervous!

Just do it when it feels right and natural.

cosmo105
12-07-2006, 02:51 PM
wait until right after you fart in front of him.

g-mile7
12-07-2006, 02:52 PM
suck his balls

skra75
12-07-2006, 03:06 PM
OK so now I'm using this thread to vent some of my own feelings.

I find myself beginning to adore this girl (well woman, she's 27) and I talk to her for hours when we're apart. I like that she is head over heels fo rme, I like that she likes me for who I am. I like to see her come out of her shell too. I like how she looks in the early morning, I find myself admiring her.

That being said, there are other people I've met that make me feel more complete. Even though those people are nearly impossible to have a relationship with, it still gives me hope for what is out there. And I wonder, is there someone else out there who will make me feel more whole. I want her to be there. I want to believe she exists somewhere. Maybe Simone is this person. (?)

That second-guessing is what is keeping me taking this relationship one day at a time. We've told each other how much we care about the other person, and it comes across in how we behave. But it is very hard to allow myself to experience something fully, I don't want to let my guard down.

Thus, my barfing it all up to you on the board. barf.

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 03:14 PM
^ Something tells me it's too soon for you.

That incomplete feeling isn't because of what the other person is lacking in your eyes. It's because part of you hasn't healed yet.

/internetpsychoanalysis

HEIRESS
12-07-2006, 03:20 PM
tell him crystal, honesty is always best

I like it when people get gay on me, and I can get gay on them in return

thats the kind of shit that makes you unconsciously smirk when you are walking down the street when a thought of them passes through your mind

and It seems like you have found a worthy opponent, and I am highly jealous

cookiepuss
12-07-2006, 03:26 PM
OK so now I'm using this thread to vent some of my own feelings.

I find myself beginning to adore this girl (well woman, she's 27) and I talk to her for hours when we're apart. I like that she is head over heels fo rme, I like that she likes me for who I am. I like to see her come out of her shell too. I like how she looks in the early morning, I find myself admiring her.

That being said, there are other people I've met that make me feel more complete. Even though those people are nearly impossible to have a relationship with, it still gives me hope for what is out there. And I wonder, is there someone else out there who will make me feel more whole. I want her to be there. I want to believe she exists somewhere. Maybe Simone is this person. (?)

That second-guessing is what is keeping me taking this relationship one day at a time. We've told each other how much we care about the other person, and it comes across in how we behave. But it is very hard to allow myself to experience something fully, I don't want to let my guard down.

Thus, my barfing it all up to you on the board. barf.

ummm...you have to make yourself whole. I don't advise looking for someone else to do this for you. You're not fucking Jerry Maguire here, don't buy in to that hollywood "you complete me" crap. because it is crap.

Look for the person that compliments who you are. Not a person who completes you.

I hope that helps

Loppfessor
12-07-2006, 03:29 PM
ummm...you have to make yourself whole. I don't advise looking for someone else to do this for you. You're not fucking Jerry Maguire here, don't buy in to that hollywood "you complete me" crap. because it is crap.

Look for the person that compliments who you are. Not a person who completes you.

I hope that helps

You read my mind!

skra75
12-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah, you guys are right especially lara.

I think it's smart for me to ease back, perhaps do some things I like to do (such as go to a sneaker store, take a walk on a beach, read a bit, cook) Allow this person to adore me and let myself experience emotion, but be aware that I'm still very much damaged goods inside and giving that a chance to heal before skin-grafting a new relationship over the reletively fresh and gross wound on my soul

I don't expect her to complete me I guess. I'm just gunshy, maybe insecure a little. I know it is impossible and unreasonable to find someone who is my perfect match, and sometimes someone who enjoys your company, has a good sense of humor, and is generous and honest is what is worth looking for. No one girl is perfect. We are all flawed in one way or another, making us human.

beastieangel01
12-07-2006, 03:55 PM
What scares me is losing my single-ness, which I feel I never really tapped to it's full potential ... period of time when we had fun with other people and now I think we are both open, but guarded, about having a new relationship. I'm taking it slow, a day at a time, but I'm allowing myself to be honest.

that too is a concerned of mine. I feel somewhat scared to lose the single-ness. But that was actually one of the smallest fears, behind everything else I mentioned, so much to the point I forgot to even mention it before you said something.

Which is saying something, I think.

And meeting people that you've felt something with but a relationship is impossible, yeah, I'm there too. Though the reasons I thought they were impossible are kind of the reasons why I'm hesitant about this guy. It's just a lot more possible in this case. That and he and I have spent more time with each other now so I want to take the risk I guess.

I'm with DDD on your situation by the way.

And Airesse, yeah, you are right. I actually kind of smirk about it as it is.

I'm feeling less and less gay by the moment. Or maybe I'm just embracing the gay!

DipDipDive
12-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Or maybe I'm just embracing the gay!

OWN IT!

*snaps*