PDA

View Full Version : Spacemac, I'm callin' you out. Troggs vs Beasties

psx
01-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Just playin. A quick mix I did this morning, just to see if it could be done. "We Got The" mixed with samples from the Troggs "Wild Thing". It was a quick one, took about 2 hours.

Enjoy!

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=414993&songID=4835808

psx

spacemac9000
01-01-2007, 01:20 PM
LOL ....funny....intersting chioces in sampling.... ( rather than using the more popular part of the song )

2 hours huh ???!!!! ....hmmmm? - jk

Im a strong beleiver that any song can "be done" as you put it,,,,,..depends on how creative you get with it....

some sound better than others i guess,,,,,,nice job ...

I still gotta give it up to the dust brothers too though for their " Wild Thing" that beat is no joke....

:eek:

psx
01-01-2007, 02:49 PM
I still gotta give it up to the dust brothers too though for their " Wild Thing" that beat is no joke....

For real! Those guys are not f**kin' around.

LOL ....funny....intersting chioces in sampling.... ( rather than using the more popular part of the song )

Well there's a reason behind that. I couldn't find the full instrumental online without buying it. All I could get was a snippet that just happened to be the beginning part. Then I found a midi version and sucked the bassline out of that.

Im a strong beleiver that any song can "be done" as you put it,,,,,..depends on how creative you get with it....

Hell yeah! I'm just starting to get into really sampling. Ableton Live has gotten me into a different mode of working. It literally feels like you can make something cool out of anything.

psx