PDA

View Full Version : I just read something so sad....

cookiepuss
01-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I stumbled on the blog of a young woman, who's boyfriend was executed in prision. it was about his last day and her witnessing the execution. :(

to which you might say...wel what did he do? he probably deserved it. I guess he was 19 at the time and robbing some residence with his hoodlum friends and an off duty police officer tried to stop them and the kid shot him. It was a mistake and it wasn't right...but I guess I'm just not a beleiver in the death penalty. I don't think people learn much from dying. they learn from living. I think death is more of a gift, a release from the burden of life than it is a punishment.

I'm not sure how old he was at the time of his execution which was just last week, but in his late 20's I think. and It sounded like he had more or less reformed and was really not a threat to anyone. and at the same time he seems to have more or less accepted his fate.

Still it was hearkbreaking to read her story and emotions. I don't know what I would do if someone I loved was sentenced to death.:(

paul jones
01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
yeah,everyone makes mistakes in life and I think a person should be allowed to show that they can reform.

Evil bastards though,deserve it.

I don't think the human race will EVER be perfect,however long we're here for until we destroy the planet.

QueenAdrock
01-23-2007, 04:28 PM
I'm a firm believer in life in prison. They have the rest of their lives to think about what they did, confined to a teeny cell. It seems like a much more fitting punishment than just putting someone out of their misery.

I love the people who say that prisoners have it so great, they have cable and weight-lifting, and for FREE! :eek: Well, if it's so great, go out and commit a crime and get thrown in jail yourself. Wait, you probably don't want to because you value freedom above stupid pointless mind-numbing crap like free cable, huh. Having your freedom taken away is the biggest punishment anyone can ever be sentenced to and nothing they give them in prison will ever make up for that.

The Notorious LOL
01-23-2007, 05:07 PM
thats what you get for being a dumbass. He accidentally shot a police officer? Oh well, he shouldnt have been in that situation anyway. A mistake is vandalism or doing something stupid and juvenile, not armed robbery.

Crime and punishment is one of the only things that I tend to lean towards the right on. Democrats are pussies when it comes to it. Its a revolving door prison system and theres tons of repeat offenders that should be rotting away in cells right now that are not only free but in some cases, receiving social security benefits and the like.

This, of course, does not apply to minor drug offenses. You shouldnt see prison if you get caught with large amounts of weed, because it shouldnt be illegal in the first place.

cookiepuss
01-23-2007, 05:42 PM
CTV: Is there any particular moment in your life that you consider a turning point?

MOORE: I guess this case, from getting locked up. When this case happened, I had zero foresight. All I could think about was today and tomorrow and not much beyond that. Had I had maturity and foresight back then, then none of this would have never happened ... it took getting locked up and sent to prison before I realized all this, so I mean, I guess that would be the only turning point I ever had.

notice how he said getting locked up, not getting sentenced to death?

I'm just saying. The guys not innocent by any means, and he recognizes that. but to me it sounds like this was a person who really didn't need to be put to death. but he was, and likely because he shot a good old boy cop in texas. (and no it wasn't and accident but he did not know the guy was a cop at the time, he was off duty plain closes and had drawn a weapon).

Some people are monsters and maybe they should die. this just didn't sound like that to me. maybe I'm wrong.

TurdBerglar
01-23-2007, 05:46 PM
more shitheads need to die anyways

befsquire
01-23-2007, 06:43 PM
i don't believe in the death penalty either. it's wrong to say killing is wrong so we're going to kill you. plus, how many innocent people have been released from death row?

anyway, as for this kid, maybe he reformed, maybe he didn't. i can't even begin to tell you how many times i've heard "i'm not going to jail again because i'm changed and i'm going to straighten up my life" or "if i could get treatment, i wouldn't do these things" or something similar to these things. know how many of them have so far, in the 2 years i've been there, not reoffended and actually did turn their lives around? 17. how many clients have i had in that time span? probably about 2,000.

Whatitis
01-23-2007, 07:46 PM
anyway, as for this kid, maybe he reformed, maybe he didn't. i can't even begin to tell you how many times i've heard "i'm not going to jail again because i'm changed and i'm going to straighten up my life" or "if i could get treatment, i wouldn't do these things" or something similar to these things. know how many of them have so far, in the 2 years i've been there, not reoffended and actually did turn their lives around? 17. how many clients have i had in that time span? probably about 2,000.

Most people will feel remorse for thier crimes once caught, put on trial, sentanced. Its all easy to say until they get back out and need to deal with the preasures of the world.

Bob
01-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Most people will feel remorse for thier crimes once caught, put on trial, sentanced. Its all easy to say until they get back out and need to deal with the preasures of the world.

probably harder if you're an ex-con

Randetica
01-23-2007, 08:17 PM
i don't believe in the death penalty either. it's wrong to say killing is wrong so we're going to kill you.

true

then you had to kill the people who killed the prisoner to stay fair til all people kill people who killed people

well death penalty? stop living in the past

hitmonlee
01-23-2007, 11:29 PM
i'm completely against the death penalty.

i don't think i could live somewhere that had it. not because i like to commit crime, just because i wouldn't be able to stomach news reports, and the people around me who obviously do support the death penalty (otherwise it wouldn't be around, right).

i used to be of the opinion that if you broke the law in a state/country that has the death penalty - bad luck. now i've realised how hypocritical that is, and am against it everwhere.

wrong wrong wrong

humans disgust me.

Pres Zount
01-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm a firm believer in the 'send them to space penalty', or the 'test radioactive oatmeal on them penalty'.

Bob
01-23-2007, 11:56 PM
i say we bring back the chain gang, personally...every day i walk home and see uncracked rocks and it just fucking sickens me

wipin' it off, boss

Randetica
01-24-2007, 02:47 AM
I'm a firm believer in the 'send them to space penalty', or the 'test radioactive oatmeal on them penalty'.

then many would do crimes only to get such cool penalties