PDA

View Full Version : I think I just tipped the pizza guy $13

milleson
01-25-2007, 07:20 PM
:mad: :mad: :mad:

:(

I wasn't paying attention and the whole family decided to talk to me at one time, and now I'm ten dollars short of what I should have.

I think I slipped him an extra $10.

Randetica
01-25-2007, 09:07 PM
for you it's just a few dollar loss but he might feel like a millionaire now!

ms.peachy
01-26-2007, 03:59 AM
Yeah I did that too last year. I gave the guy a 20 and a 10, thinking I was giving him two 10's and told him to keep the change. He even looked at me funny and said "Are you sure?" and I was all like "yeah yeah yeah" because I was so totally focussed on eating pizza.

In my defense, I was 9 months pregnant, and the pizza seemed incredibly important at that moment.

Otis Driftwood
01-26-2007, 04:04 AM
I didn't get more than 6 Euros for delivering pizzas for 5-6 hours. Offices are the worst. You come stacked with a haul of food but are not tipped a single cent cause everyone can hide behind some sort of mass anonymity and act like "someone will tip a few cents". I still curse the fucks to this day...
(y) I guarantee you good karma for the massive tip.

Pres Zount
01-26-2007, 04:13 AM
Maybe you should come to australia and earn a decent wage, then you wouldn't get any tips - not from me anyway. Haha.

trailerprincess
01-26-2007, 04:20 AM
I once tipped a taxi driver an extra £10

In my defense, I was verrrrry drunk.

ms.peachy
01-26-2007, 06:51 AM
I was verrrrry drunk.
Ha! Did you mean that to sound like this guy? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcBIHMhynE) Cuz that's totally how it sounded in my head when I read it.

Pres Zount
01-26-2007, 06:56 AM
I wanted to order some pizzas, but it's Australia day, and they are shut.

God damn kids, don't you have a college to work your way through?

na§tee
01-26-2007, 06:58 AM
because I was so totally focussed on eating pizza
heehee :cool: you are making me smile today ms p.

my flatmate is pretty outrageous when it comes to tips when she's got work. she normally gets freakin' bento boxes delivered to her from this amazing japanese place we have here, and because the box is £12 and she wants to eat it straight away - extra japanese mayonnaise please! - she always gives him £20 and tells him to keep the change. she gets these boxes quite often.

it's funny because she's tight as hell when it comes to bills or chipping in for food or anything else. bleh.

Junker
01-26-2007, 07:20 AM
We here don't give any tips. (y)

We're like Mr. Pink! No tips!

Junker
01-26-2007, 08:54 AM
A housewife asked me to stay. (I declined.)

You chicken!

TAL
01-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Ha! Did you mean that to sound like this guy? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQcBIHMhynE) Cuz that's totally how it sounded in my head when I read it.
Same here.

Yay for Fast Show!

Junker
01-26-2007, 09:26 AM
And she was married.

Scoring married women is pure adrenalin!!! :cool: :p

abcdefz
01-26-2007, 10:14 AM
I didn't get more than 6 Euros for delivering pizzas for 5-6 hours. Offices are the worst. You come stacked with a haul of food but are not tipped a single cent cause everyone can hide behind some sort of mass anonymity and act like "someone will tip a few cents". I still curse the fucks to this day...
(y) I guarantee you good karma for the massive tip.

You'll be glad to know our driver clears almost five dollars each time he drops off three pizzas for us. (y)

abcdefz
01-26-2007, 10:17 AM
Yes, I was.

In real life situations, when women I don't know act that sexually agressive towards me, I get reaaally shy.

Painfully shy.

:(

And she was married.

You missed your Penthouse Forum opportunity.

"I never thought I'd have a reason to write to you, but boy! do I now! This past weekend, I was delivering pizzas, and who opens up the door but this hot housewife in a robe that was slipping open..."

Otis Driftwood
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
You'll be glad to know our driver clears almost five dollars each time he drops off three pizzas for us. (y)
No, you'll be. Later! (y)
BTW Why did I ever stop this deadbeat career. Oh, ok, not much of a career later... Work that's fun rarely pays well.:(

Yeti
01-26-2007, 10:20 AM
This reminds me of the time I was in Athens Greece. Our taxi driver was a jerk. Apparently, the taxi drivers go on strike at a moments notice in Greece. They had just ended a 45 minute strike (I was confused but it happens all the time) and he was still pissed. We were having trouble with the exchange rate and Euros had not gone into effect. The currency was still the drachma and it was like 1,000,000 for $2 although I am exaggerating. Anyway, the bastard got upset and took money right out of my hand and sped off. He took nearly $50 extra. Some of the Greeks in Athens were very hot tempered and not trustworthy. One guy yelled at my wife for trying to pay with American money and she started tearing up. I jumped in and cussed him out. He got in my face and I pushed him. Everyone was looking and a nice Greek man pulled me aside. He said-- I agree that you should take up for your wife but that guy is not worth the time. You will run into all kinds of rude people in the city.
Thank goodness we flew to the island of Santorini the next day. A place with the population of New York City and hot tempered people getting all worked up is not my bag. It is all Greek to me anyway.

Rock
01-26-2007, 01:43 PM
When I worked at a deli this decent (read bangable) chick came in and placed an order. She asked if we delivered and I told her we did. She then asked if I would be delivering it. And I said I would. I got a bit excited thinking I was gonna pin this chicks legs behind her head and give her a hammering. My boss gave me some gum and some handy wipes (???) and said to make it a quicky.

I got there....she invited me in, my dick started to grow. and she told me to take a seat........and then asked me if I found Jesus.

I took her cash and left.

The same sort of thing happened to me before with a couple. I wasn't excited about it or anything and was actually a bit uncomfortable, until they dropped the J bomb.

abcdefz
01-26-2007, 01:46 PM
God's trying to tell you something.

beastiegirrl101
01-26-2007, 02:00 PM
Rock would be a good party favor, he's got mad stories.

abcdefz
01-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Pizza'll be here in 15 minutes. (y)

QueenAdrock
01-26-2007, 02:04 PM
"yeah yeah yeah" because I was so totally focussed on eating pizza.

That made me lol.

Most I've tipped by accident was $6. The pizza was $14, and I gave him a $20 and told him to keep the change. I thought it was more expensive than it actually was. That's a 42% tip! For driving half a block!

Junker
01-26-2007, 02:09 PM
When I worked at a deli this decent (read bangable) chick came in and placed an order. She asked if we delivered and I told her we did. She then asked if I would be delivering it. And I said I would. I got a bit excited thinking I was gonna pin this chicks legs behind her head and give her a hammering. My boss gave me some gum and some handy wipes (???) and said to make it a quicky.

I got there....she invited me in, my dick started to grow. and she told me to take a seat........and then asked me if I found Jesus.

I took her cash and left.

The same sort of thing happened to me before with a couple. I wasn't excited about it or anything and was actually a bit uncomfortable, until they dropped the J bomb.

HAHAHAHAHA.............OMG Rock!!!
I can even imagine the excitement and then the disappointment. :cool:

Rock
01-26-2007, 02:28 PM
Rock would be a good party favor, he's got mad stories.
....and then ill run out of them and start repeating the old ones and telling them in different ways and then it would be annoying, old married couple style.

beastiegirrl101
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM
....and then ill run out of them and start repeating the old ones and telling them in different ways and then it would be annoying, old married couple style.

I think between your stories and mine, we'd be ok. ;)

Junker
01-26-2007, 02:45 PM

Then you would be left alone.

steve-onpoint
01-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Yeah I did that too last year. I gave the guy a 20 and a 10, thinking I was giving him two 10's and told him to keep the change. He even looked at me funny and said "Are you sure?" and I was all like "yeah yeah yeah" because I was so totally focussed on eating pizza.

In my defense, I was 9 months pregnant, and the pizza seemed incredibly important at that moment.

haha. :D

That made me lol.

me, too.

Randetica
01-26-2007, 10:13 PM
even my door is a pizza-delivery-boy virgin

cause we never odered a pizza

CAUSE we live next to a kick ass pizzaria (y)

Otis Driftwood
01-27-2007, 10:11 AM
They to lazy to bring you the pizza and make you come and get it? That's not nice...

icy manipulator
01-27-2007, 10:24 AM
i'm still a pizza boy, it's easy money and pays well considering how "hard" the work is. i work at the most inner city and after 6 months of being there i've done about 30 deliveries that i've walked because i couldn't be fucked driving there.

americans are the best tippers. 90% of the time they complain about the size of a large pizza, but nevertheless they still tip pretty well. there's a lots of backpackers place in our area so they'll usually tip 10 cents or 10 dollars

Otis Driftwood
01-27-2007, 10:31 AM
The pizza boy is more of an asphalt cowboy than a trucker and gets better food. He roams the streets, he knows tha hood, he gets street cred. I got to know pimps, hustlers, prostitutes, people who didn't leave their house or open their blinds, drug addicts, foreigners who didn't speak any other language.
You get connections, hanging out in front of the store watching the street (cause if you stay inside you'll smell of fat even more, my place was a curry / pizza service and they made lots of Pakora/Samosa).
You just get to know so many people. And your driving in down town gets way wicked with a little, leightweight car like a Polo and your knowledge of traffic light cycles you can burn any Porsche. (y)

icy manipulator
01-27-2007, 10:48 AM
unfortunately we only deliver to the clean part of brisbane. if we delivered to the valley i can imagine i'd meet alot more sus cunts. although i constantly deliver so my mates ice dealer, and also the manager of this local gay bar guarantees he gets the best coke in town. i've seen alot more boobies working inner city, but twice in 6 months i've seen cock twice (n)

best delivery i've had was to a bachelor party where the groom to be said the only way i was getting my money by taking it out of some strippers cleavage with my teeth. that was a great night.

i delivered to a hens night one time and they wanted me to strip but i chickened out

Randetica
01-27-2007, 10:49 PM
The pizza boy is more of an asphalt cowboy than a trucker and gets better food. He roams the streets, he knows tha hood, he gets street cred. I got to know pimps, hustlers, prostitutes, people who didn't leave their house or open their blinds, drug addicts, foreigners who didn't speak any other language.
You get connections, hanging out in front of the store watching the street (cause if you stay inside you'll smell of fat even more, my place was a curry / pizza service and they made lots of Pakora/Samosa).
You just get to know so many people. And your driving in down town gets way wicked with a little, leightweight car like a Polo and your knowledge of traffic light cycles you can burn any Porsche. (y)

I WANT TO BE A PIZZA BOY!