PDA

View Full Version : I hate reading.

Kid Presentable
01-30-2007, 01:59 AM
It reflects really badly on me in conversations about books too, because I just start insulting readers. It's not that I can't read, I've always been a good reader. I just hate sitting there and shit.

When I get into a book, it's rare. The last thing I read was On the Road and I thought it sucked. The last book I enjoyed was Ringolevio. But even then, you know, I still had to read it. (n)

Deep_Sea_Rain
01-30-2007, 02:00 AM
I know what'cha mean. I love reading, and I'm an excellent reader...but it's hard to sit there through it when you have ADHD, yo.

Kid Presentable
01-30-2007, 02:03 AM
I know what'cha mean. I love reading, and I'm an excellent reader...but it's hard to sit there through it when you have ADHD, yo.
Maybe I have ADHD. You know what I like? The 'Who Stole the Cookie from the Cookie Jar?' game.

freetibet
01-30-2007, 02:03 AM
I recently read the Last of the Mohicans in English. And a bunch of Agatha Christie's crime stories. What so bad about reading? Sitting and concentrating ain't so difficult;) One of my greatest hobbies!

sjp
01-30-2007, 02:19 AM
only thing worth reading is the sports page for me anyways been the only entertaining thing worth reading that and horoscopes the last book i read the biography of al capone which was a good read other then that i don't read many books

ericlee
01-30-2007, 02:22 AM
I'm sure I've got ADHD. Almost positive. I always multitask just like right now, I'm eating sunflower seads, playing a video game, pausing and jumping online, checking a few channels on the TV, picking the guitar and so on.

I love to read books but I can rarely concentrate on them and alot of times, I'll be reading and just end up zoning out with different thoughts.

ericlee
01-30-2007, 02:23 AM
only thing worth reading is the sports page for me anyways been the only entertaining thing worth reading that and horoscopes the last book i read the biography of al capone which was a good read other then that i don't read many books

I'm suuuure glad you don't write books.

sjp
01-30-2007, 02:24 AM
oh i could write a book but it would all be bullshit but i don;t have the time to write anything

Randetica
01-30-2007, 02:42 AM
i want to read but cant cause my concentration sucks too hard, i have to reread everything billion times

rules to be stupid like shit (y)

TOY
01-30-2007, 03:05 AM
It reflects really badly on me in conversations about books too, because I just start insulting readers. It's not that I can't read, I've always been a good reader. I just hate sitting there and shit.

When I get into a book, it's rare. The last thing I read was On the Road and I thought it sucked. The last book I enjoyed was Ringolevio. But even then, you know, I still had to read it. (n)

I HATE reading. It's very obvious. :o Though I will read if the subject truly interests me enough. I will also say that I am well-versed in what shampoo and body lotions are best for you! I read their contents and such while pooping.

I think my hatred for books/reading stems from 1) a library teacher I had when in grade school who was all Gestapo-like about our "Accelerated Reader" program, and 2) I associate books with a lot of know-it-all assholes whom I've either verbally punched in the face or balls. You know the types... Those who pretend to understand and ENJOY Shakespeare. Eugh!

Pres Zount
01-30-2007, 03:13 AM
I could defeat you all in reading. My concentration span stretches lightyears across the galaxy.

Kid Presentable
01-30-2007, 04:42 AM
I could defeat you all in reading. My concentration span stretches lightyears across the galaxy.
What?

ms.peachy
01-30-2007, 04:48 AM
I love reading books; I miss it greatly :( I mean I love having a baby and all, but I haven't read a book since she's been born. ("What to Expect- The First Year" doesn't really count.) Or the newspaper, really. There's just never more than a few moments here, a couple of minutes there - no blocks of time to curl up and just read.

na§tee
01-30-2007, 04:53 AM
curl up and read. aaaah. that just provided me with a lovely fireside-and-mug-of-horlicks daydream, peachy, thanks! ooooh. sooothing..

ahem. well, i take malcolm x with me wherever i go so whenever i have an idle moment i whip him out for some wholesome nation of islam fun.

Randetica
01-30-2007, 04:54 AM
isnt it enough to read your wanked on posts all day long?

i read! i read!

Yorkshire~Rose
01-30-2007, 07:11 AM
I love reading books; I miss it greatly :( I mean I love having a baby and all, but I haven't read a book since she's been born. ("What to Expect- The First Year" doesn't really count.) Or the newspaper, really. There's just never more than a few moments here, a couple of minutes there - no blocks of time to curl up and just read.

So true. Although now Ava is in a good sleep routine I do get chance to read now once she is tucked up in bed. I'm not reading anything heavy though at the moment. I'm easing myself back into it by reading Chore Whore: Confessions of a celebrity assistant :o

(it's very good)

The Notorious LOL
01-30-2007, 07:42 AM
I hate reading, but I hate people who point out that they love reading even more.

TurdBerglar
01-30-2007, 08:40 AM
i haven't read a book since 9th grade. i hate reading stories. i'd rather read a history text book than a novel.

icy manipulator
01-30-2007, 09:12 AM
it's not that hard to read thru alot of boring shit to get to a good part. everyone does it with this bloody board

OPINIONTRON 800
01-30-2007, 09:18 AM
it's not that hard to read thru alot of boring shit to get to a good part. everyone does it with this bloody board
WRONG. OPINIONTRON COMPUTES THAT AUTHORS BECOME EXPONENTIALLY LESS ENTERTAINING THE DEEPER THEIR RUSSIAN HERITAGE. FURTHER POSTULATION REVEALS THAT FAULTY OPINION OF MESSAGEBOARD READERSHIP IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO WILLINGNESS TO READ THROUGH "BORING SHIT".

icy manipulator
01-30-2007, 09:19 AM
otis?

JobDDT
01-30-2007, 09:25 AM

^ Didn't read.

Kid Presentable
01-30-2007, 09:28 AM
^ Didn't read.
What?

JobDDT
01-30-2007, 09:39 AM
What?

It was a joke... You said you hated reading and then typed out two paragraphs...

Forget it. (y) (y)

Kid Presentable
01-30-2007, 10:20 AM
It was a joke... You said you hated reading and then typed out two paragraphs...

Forget it. (y) (y)
I get it. It's good.

icy manipulator
01-30-2007, 10:25 AM
opiniontron cant tell the difference between russians and ukrainians

OPINIONTRON 800
01-30-2007, 10:36 AM
OPINIONTRON RECOLLECTS THREAD LOG TO ASCERTAIN THAT NO PRESCRIBED AUTHOR WAS GIVEN, APART FROM THE GENERAL BLANKET OF 'ALL RUSSIAN AUTHORS' FIRST STATED BY OPINIONTRON.

DIGI
01-30-2007, 11:01 AM
I don't think it's so much that I hate reading more than I just don't do it. I have a pretty extensive library, too. It pretty much consists of all of my old college philosophy books, mainly on metaphysics, epistemology, and existentialism. I have a shitload of Sartre. Also, I have certain books I bought from the old dusted out hippie that used to sell shit in my college student center. It's pretty impressive, but I haven't really touched any of them since I graduated 3 years ago. I pretty much have them around for aesthetic purposes, like when ladies come over.