PDA

View Full Version : Phlebotomy

TOY
03-01-2007, 12:18 PM
I've decided that studying/majoring in art will be somewhat of a risk. It's a hit or miss biz. Tough market. Either you got it, or you don't. And I've come to terms with the fact that I do not have 'it'. I also hate taking risks/can't handle criticism or rejection well.

I know this sounds ridiculous, but I've always had this sick fascination with hospitals. The smell, the eerie/wut'z gunna huh'appen next feel to it... Even when I was a kid – gore, and guts, and dead bodies, and all of that other stuff (except for puking).

So, it may be looked down upon as an easy scapegoat and the fact I've no other skill, but I want to (for starters) study phlebotomy and move up the ladder. I've been intrigued by forensics as well (no – I'm not trying to seem intelligent in saying this because of CSI and all of that), and am considering it as a course(s) of study. And necropsy... :"\

Yeah, I quit my job today for various reasons. One being that I hate feeling 'stuck' and lost. Trapped, really. I wasn't learning anything, or EXPANDING my mind. I want to be the girl who's going to school, has a part time job, and will someday have some sort of title regardless of it's poor or high stats.

Does anybody here work as a phlebotomist or something similar (like other lab work)? Is the field, you know, worth it?

I'm a retard. Bye!

avignon
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Ah yes, I was once interested in the study of phlebs myself. So keen was my interest-obsession, really-that I was oft referred to as a phlebist or phlebster. "That Avignon, she's so phlebo-minded." In fact I was a member of a Save the Phlebs campaign in my younger days. Because someone has to do something about those phlebs. The mighty phlebs. Those poor...so often overlooked phlebies. So yeah. Carry on with the phlebotomy plans. Fight the good fight.

cookiepuss
03-01-2007, 12:52 PM
my mom was a phlebotomist. she's not currently doing it but it's always something she can fall back on. she's amazing, she can take your blood without you even feeling it. she always uses really small needles, but I also think shes got some sort of talent with it.

I say go for it. it will be interesting.