PDA

View Full Version : I can't get to sleep

Echewta
03-01-2007, 12:20 PM
I think about the implications of diving in too deep and possibly the complications. Especially at night, I worry over situations I know I'll be alright. Perhaps it's just imagination.

avignon
03-01-2007, 12:21 PM
The bends? Jellyfish? What complications about diving are you worried about?

avignon
03-01-2007, 12:29 PM
I've been up for almost 24 hours now. Lately, at work I get so stressed that I get ear aches.

avignon
03-01-2007, 12:33 PM
I usually stay up for two days and then sleep for eight hours.
what do you do for a living?

Echewta
03-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Day after day it reappears. Night after night my heartbeat, shows the fear.

:(

avignon
03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
When you're where you should be all the time, and when you're not you're with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.

venusvenus123
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
it'll be ok. go for it.

hardnox71
03-01-2007, 05:14 PM
The bends? Jellyfish? What complications about diving are you worried about?
His teeth haven't been packed.

When you're where you should be all the time, and when you're not you're with some underworld spy or the wife of a close friend.
Stop it!! You're starting to sound like him.

Deep_Sea_Rain
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
I layed in bed for over 2 hours last night, unable to sleep because of this fucking cold. I'm headed to the doc's tomorrow.

But yeah, insomnia sucks. Cold induced or otherwise. (n)

hardnox71
03-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I think about the implications of diving in too deep and possibly the complications. Especially at night, I worry over situations I know I'll be alright. Perhaps it's just imagination.
Not that I'm a doctor or anything, but I watch a hell of alot of TV and that ^ sounds like anxiety.

Talk to Cosmo. I'm sure she knows of something that can help.

na§tee
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
i love me some men at work :cool:

hardnox71
03-01-2007, 06:35 PM
Who can it be knocking at my door?
(knock, knock, knock, knock)
Go away!
Don't come 'round here no more!

Echewta
03-01-2007, 06:39 PM
(y) i love me some men at work :cool:

yeahwho
03-01-2007, 06:49 PM
Ambien. Lunesta. I have used both but find Ambien to be better because I can break the pill in half. Shift work and travel have done a number on my Circadian clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_clock) the past 8 years.

A dose of 30 lasts me all year, I use it sparingly or when I know I have to be ready for the next day.

It has saved my health, my body is healthier, my metabolism is working better and I'm much more alert.

Something about the advent of a 24 hour society has changed a whole generation. This is all new to mankind in the past few decades.

hardnox71
03-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Ambien. Lunesta. I have used both but find Ambien to be better because I can break the pill in half. Shift work and travel have done a number on my Circadian clock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circadian_clock) the past 8 years.

A dose of 30 lasts me all year, I use it sparingly or when I know I have to be ready for the next day.

It has saved my health, my body is healthier, my metabolism is working better and I'm much more alert.

Something about the advent of a 24 hour society has changed a whole generation. This is all new to mankind in the past few decades.
That's all good but what are the side effects, if any?

yeahwho
03-01-2007, 07:02 PM
That's all good but what are the side effects, if any?

The most I've ever taken Ambien in the past two years, is one week when working 12 hour shifts and driving 120 mile each day I was still wired, so I took one half a pill each night.

It works fast, it actually is an anxiety reducer (hypnotic) so it doesn't have all the heavy side effects of say like a barbiturate based drug. It also has a short life, after 8 hours it's basically gone.

As with anything the potential for abuse is there. I always keep myself in check with Ambien because I also am a recovering drunk. Usually I take it and head straight to bed. I know what it feels like to lay in bed and not sleep then roll out and drag your ass around exhausted and sick. It sucks. The past two years that hasn't happened.

hardnox71
03-01-2007, 07:17 PM
I always keep myself in check with Ambien because I also am a recovering drunk.
More power to you. (y)

DandyFop
03-01-2007, 08:48 PM
I miss echewta!

Documad
03-01-2007, 09:08 PM
My friend took an Ambien with a couple of glasses of wine on our flight to Europe and I didn't realize that she had done it. She was a mess when we landed. :rolleyes:

Avignon, that much stress is a bad deal. Is it just a passing thing?

(sorry to ignore all the song lyrics humor)

Auton
03-01-2007, 09:18 PM
babies with flies on their cheeks its hard to go to sleep