PDA

View Full Version : how d'yer like your eggs in the morning?

na§tee
03-30-2007, 03:41 AM
i like mine with a kiss :cool:

i love making breakfast. how'd you take yours? i'll serve it to you in bed, yo.

me, i'm a scrambled egg girl at heart. i'm all over that jazz. something so satisfying about scrambled eggs on brooon toast mmmmm. but lately i've been hankering for boiled eggs a go go. man, how many eggs are you allowed in a week? because i do love me some eggs. like, scotch eggs, too. i heart me some scotch eggs. freebasser does too.

EGGS. DISCUSS! (and vote, kthanx).

trailerprincess
03-30-2007, 09:47 AM
That was tough because I am a serious egg lover - it's my favorite 'I need to eat something but can't be arsed to cook' solution

I picked poached as I think it's the most versatile (in terms of day/night meal) but otherwise, I am probably a boiled egg fan the most. Fried and scrambled are good but lose points for the washing up effort required. Scrambled eggs with crispy bacon is delicious though.

Tricky, very tricky.

abcdefz
03-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Egg white omelette.

TAL
03-30-2007, 09:58 AM
I don't eat eggs in the morning. But when I do eat it's either boiled or fried.

Trailerprincess likes her eggs on the kitchen floor.

trailerprincess
03-30-2007, 10:10 AM
You never quite know what other little gems it has to offer.

hitmonlee
03-30-2007, 10:24 AM
i really like fried and poached but i usually make scrambled because i like to add cheese, tomato, spinach maybe, basil, pepper, etc. served on toast with tomato sauce. also because i like a bit of yolk in every bite, the yolk is the best bit (y)

but basically as long as the eggs are hard, i'm happy.
no runny eggs, EVER. i can't see how people can eat liquid muscusy snot like stuff, which is what runny eggs are. gross.

synch
03-30-2007, 10:31 AM
With anything I can find in the fridge that would taste good with it.

Last sunday I fried up some pancetta (italian baconish thing) and onions, added the eggs, shuffled the whole thing together, added cheese and some cooking cream.

This morning I kept the eggs intact and put some ham and goat cheese on them.

Now I want more eggs :(

Edit: Almost forgot, the bestest is how my mum makes them: Scrambled, au bain marie, parsley, ham, parmesan, olive oil <3

Tompz
03-30-2007, 12:02 PM
i boil three eggs every morning and put sliced on sammitches

its great!

DIGI
03-30-2007, 12:41 PM
Every weekend I make bomb breakfasts. I usually just take all the omelette ingredients(Green/Red peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Chucks of Ham, Tomatos, Sharp Cheddar, etc.) and mix them in with scrambled eggs.

BangkokB
03-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Every weekend I make bomb breakfasts. I usually just take all the omelette ingrediants(Green/Red peppers, Onions, Mushrooms, Chucks of Ham, Tomatos, Sharp Cheddar, etc.) and mix them in with scrambled eggs.
I know your name and restaurant ~Denny's. Keep up the good work(y)

DIGI
03-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Denny's ain't got shit on me, man.

Yorkshire~Rose
03-30-2007, 01:30 PM
Two slices of thick toast & lots of butter, baked beans and a fried egg on top (firm white but runny yolk)

Yum.

Rock
03-30-2007, 01:44 PM
Weekdays....scrambled or over easy.

Weekends....omlette steelo or

some cilantro finely chopped
some garlic finely chopped
tomato diced
real garam masala
a couple of thai chilis no seeds and finely chopped
shallots diced
a few eggs

and mix it and throw it on the pan and then in between two slices of bread. boner.

BangkokB
03-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Denny's ain't got shit on me, man.
Are you skilled in the art of the skillet?

That is the KungFu of the Eggs, Onions, Green Peppers and Chicken and the like

HEIRESS
03-30-2007, 03:10 PM
my favorite is eggs poached hard, with lots of pepper, salt and cayenne pepper
you gotta have some back bacon cooked in the oven with it

another stand-by favorite:

first fry up onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, ground italian sausage, salt, pepper, hot chilli flakes and dill

throw in your eggies and scramble up

when they are almost done toss in some crumbled up feta, and by some I mean A SHIT LOAD

and then TA DA!

Rock
03-30-2007, 03:36 PM
first fry up onion, garlic, peppers, tomatoes, ground italian sausage, salt, pepper, hot chilli flakes and dill

throw in your eggies and scramble up

when they are almost done toss in some crumbled up feta, and by some I mean A SHIT LOAD

and then TA DA!
Thas what im talking about. Some feta in that bitch!?!? Yes please.

Pres Zount
03-31-2007, 03:30 AM
If I hadn't been skipping breakfast since 1997, I would say scrambled. Because they are my favorite at any other time.

Lot's of black pepper. Lots of toast.

Lyman Zerga
03-31-2007, 06:43 AM
boiled and scrambled the other shit is too slimey

Lex Diamonds
03-31-2007, 07:36 AM
i'll serve it to you in bed, yo.
I bet you will you cheeky wee lassie. ;)

milkboy009
04-02-2007, 12:02 AM
eggs are possibly my favorite food. I get eggcited over all the different ways to have them, but fried is my favorite.

na§tee
04-02-2007, 03:40 AM
I bet you will you cheeky wee lassie. ;)
oh! :eek: mistah padster! please! /giggles and looks coy.

serious though, going to make breakfast and then returning undressed to eat it in bed with your blessed receivee of food is mad hotness. food AND bed? yes please!

ggirlballa
04-03-2007, 09:36 AM
scrambled with ham please(y)

Helvete
04-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Most mornings I have poached eggs for my horrific army breakfast. But when at home you can't beat some good scrambled eggs or maybe a boiled one.

b-grrrlie
04-03-2007, 12:28 PM
If I have eggs in the morning they're fried, the others take too much time to make. On Friday mornings we get boiled eggs at work (if I eat with the kids).
Other times I like my eggs which ever way, but I don't know how to make poached eggs... I might've tried a couple of times, but never succeeded...

Funkyfreshgrape
04-03-2007, 07:28 PM
i hate eggs

JoeyBagadonuts
04-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Scrambled, mostly egg white, 1 yolk. Topped with green habenero-prickly pear cactus sauce.

camo
04-05-2007, 09:17 AM
scrambled with plenty of milk in it. It seems to stay warmer for longer that way. That may be in my head though?

Plenty of cracked black pepper in there too.(y)

HEIRESS
04-05-2007, 02:10 PM
If I have eggs in the morning they're fried, the others take too much time to make. On Friday mornings we get boiled eggs at work (if I eat with the kids).
Other times I like my eggs which ever way, but I don't know how to make poached eggs... I might've tried a couple of times, but never succeeded...

the whole dropping it into a pot of boiling water with vinegar in it bullshit never works

you gotta get an egg poacher set or atleast one of the insert thingys to do a proper job
http://www.cooking.com/images/products/shprodde/698725.jpg

Gareth
04-05-2007, 03:03 PM
does "scotch [scotched?]" count as an option?

MC Moot
04-16-2007, 02:59 PM
i like mine with a kiss :cool:

i love making breakfast. how'd you take yours? i'll serve it to you in bed, yo.

I am sooooo stealing that line the next time that question is asked of me......;)

almost always sunnyside for me,thanks.....

SOP
04-24-2007, 05:06 PM
I'll take 'em anyway. 'Long as it's a Henderson Valley Egg! (http://www.noipo.com) You're gonna love our egg!

b i o n i c
04-24-2007, 08:17 PM
i got yer huevos right 'ere (http://www.eggbeaters.com/index.jsp)