PDA

View Full Version : Easy Star All-Stars

DroppinScience
04-01-2007, 01:45 AM
If you haven't heard their stuff yet, DO SO NOW!

They're a reggae/dub group who has (so far) done reggae tributes of Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" ("Dub Side of the Moon") and Radiohead's "OK Computer" ("Radiodread").

I listened to both of these albums the other night and was floored. If you're a reggae fan and/or a Pink Floyd/Radiohead fan, it's bound to appeal to you.

I was very struck by how well fusing these two styles were. The two original albums are very detailed pieces of work, so it's really a delight to see the ways they adapted every little detail to fit the reggae sitting.

Simply, you have to hear it to believe it. (y)

The Notorious LOL
04-01-2007, 02:22 AM
this sounds pretty interesting

april fools lmao no one cares

DroppinScience
04-01-2007, 02:32 AM

DDD likes Radiohead, so she may. ;)

The Notorious LOL
04-01-2007, 02:43 AM
yeah so do I

see reggae/dub = not caring

DroppinScience
04-01-2007, 02:55 AM
see reggae/dub = not caring

Pffft. :rolleyes:

saz
04-01-2007, 07:49 PM
radiodread was awful and dub side of the moon was cheese. if you want good dub, check alpha & omega, dual tone, mad professor, bill laswell, lee scratch perry, dub syndicate, new beat society, and pole.

DroppinScience
04-01-2007, 08:07 PM
radiodread was awful and dub side of the moon was cheese. if you want good dub, check alpha & omega, dual tone, mad professor, bill laswell, lee scratch perry, dub syndicate, new beat society, and pole.

Before I made this thread, I did a search for Easy Star All-Stars and caught this:

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1363106&postcount=7

:confused:

Drederick Tatum
04-01-2007, 08:58 PM

ahahahaha

DipDipDive
04-01-2007, 09:43 PM
DDD likes Radiohead, so she may. ;)

No.

saz
04-01-2007, 11:18 PM
Before I made this thread, I did a search for Easy Star All-Stars and caught this:

http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1363106&postcount=7

:confused:

i'm not allowed to change my mind, or not enjoy their remixes?

DroppinScience
04-02-2007, 12:22 AM
i'm not allowed to change my mind, or not enjoy their remixes?

You can change your mind all you like (we all have, I'm certain), but I can also ask why you changed your mind, right? It's just odd that 4 months ago you liked them enough to mention them in a "favorite artists" thread, but now you turn around and hate them at the drop of a hat?

Just raised the eyebrows is all.

Darko
04-02-2007, 03:00 PM
The only good part on Radiodread was Toots and the Maytals doing Let Down. If they had did the whole album, it would've been good.