PDA

View Full Version : Irksome thing I've noticed

Schmeltz
04-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Right, so I make lots of long-ass posts in the Political Forum, talkin my fool head off about all kinds of shit. I find a lot of the time, when I've spent a while working on a lengthy contribution to the discussion, that when I go to submit my new post it reroutes me not to the thread, with my new post in it, but to a screen that says I'm not logged in. Then when I log in, it takes me to a screen that says "Invalid thread specified." So I have to go looking for the thread, and repost everything.

I've learned to CTRL-C all my long posts now, having lost lots of good ones and gotten really mad as a result, but it's still annoying. Is this something I can fix with my settings, or is it just some annoying feature of these forums?

befsquire
04-02-2007, 12:24 AM
one thing that will help you is to check the box for "remember me" when you're logging in. that way when you take 30 minutes to type out your reply, you won't find yourself logged out.

as for the invalid thread, dunno about that.

tpk
04-02-2007, 06:37 AM
like befsquire pointed out this is an outcome of not checking the "remember me" box when logging in. i can't see us increasing the time limit for automatic sign-out since 30 minutes of in-activity is definitely enough for most people.

the invalid thread deal just sounds a bit strange. vbulletin should have managed to let people sign in and then continue with whatever they were doing, but obviously in this case that didn't work. either way, there's nothing we can do about it.

so yeah, i'm afraid you'll have to continue copying and pasting, and let's hope the next version of this forum will have this problem fixed.