PDA

View Full Version : i went to a festival and saw the following bands:

zorra_chiflada
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM
ben kweller: I only saw the ass-end of his set though. his band were good.

xavier rudd: stupid hippie music, however i was impressed at his ability to play the digeridoo and drums at the same time. he did a cover of iron man by sabbath as well. so props for that.

the vines: wow, they used to be biggest band in the world at some stage, didn't they? the next nirvana or some shit? i know that the singer is generally always off his head or retarded or something, but it was to the point where the performance wasn't good. there were lots of fuck ups and he just seemed to be having a fit. the crowd didn't like them much either.

gomez: yeah, i don't mind them so much. but i dunno, their songs just seemed kinda samey and boring.

wolfmother: you know, i have tried really hard not to like wolfmother because i know that all of their music is just blantantly ripped off from something else. but fuck, they are really good live. they did an excellent set. i was very impressed.

aaand the pixies: awesome. really good set. played all their popular songs, and a few others in the mix. didn't fuck around either. i was very disappointed to see everyone leaving after wolfmother played and totally missed the pixies.

Freebasser
04-07-2007, 10:02 AM
People didn't stay to watch Pixies??? :eek:

Pres Zount
04-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I enjoyed sleeping in the sun and eating an expensive hamburger. I very much liked one or two songs by the pixies. The crowd were good, and I was pleased to see a strong police prescence there, dragging the drunks away.

I also enjoyed imagining members of the crowd being killed in a variety of interesting and unusual ways.

Most of my time was spent shivering in the cold telling the bands to hurry up, though.

Freebasser
04-07-2007, 10:16 AM
It's good to know that Sting and the guys still care about their fans.

zorra_chiflada
04-07-2007, 10:16 AM
yeah, the crowd were really good. lots of drunk and drugged up people, but everyone was respectful. we ended up sitting in the stands way up the back because it was so cold, but we had a really good view from there.

zorra_chiflada
04-07-2007, 10:17 AM
It's good to know that Sting and the guys still care about their fans.

good one

DeeJayZap
04-07-2007, 02:35 PM
did the pixies play Brick Is Red? :D

Big Gus
04-07-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm such a massive Led Zep fan I tried my hardest not to like Wolfmother too. Saw them at T In The Park and that was it - I was in love they are such an amazing live act.

Can't believe people never stayed on for the Pixies though. Awesome live.

Sounds fun.

ggirlballa
04-07-2007, 04:54 PM
i haven't heard a wolfmother song till a couple weeks ago, and i loved it, so i went on youtube to see some footage of them in concert & they're awesome live.

hitmonlee
04-10-2007, 01:56 AM
i saw ben kweller 2 weeks ago at blues and roots. ben kweller is the most adorable kid around. he's my age but he looks about 12. i also saw a lot of other bands who i think are shit. they may not be shit, but i happen to think blues and/or roots is the most boring music ever. (missy higgins, xavier rudd, ben harper, john mayer, etc.)

2 days of blues and roots and i was hanging out for some fucking rock music. yes wolfmother played but i left before they started (i was working). i do think wolfmother are a great live band. extremely unoriginal and dated, but they do it well. if you want a laugh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIzYrAlq-hY

the other night i saw:
the vines (only saw 2 songs, they were ok, craig didn't have any issues like zorra mentioned)
eskimo joe (again, good as usual but they do not need to do another festival)
gnarls barkley (awesome!!! funny when cee lo asked for the 14yo girls to get their tits out. not sure cee lo knew it was an underage crowd)
the living end (i hate them but the double bass is cool)
THE PIXIES!! (so awesome, i'm ok with the fact i missed groove armada to see them)