PDA

View Full Version : Nine Inch Nails' YEAR ZERO

Mr Films
04-10-2007, 05:02 PM
fucking awesome.

so far it seems it's the album I wanted With Teeth to be. Even though I still like that record.

"Vessel" is the mother fucking jam.

The Notorious LOL
04-10-2007, 05:31 PM
Capital G > Vessel

hitmonlee
04-10-2007, 10:07 PM
i'm pretty excited
i'm fucking pissed they aren't coming to my city though
can't afford to fly over east :(
bastard!

Lo_Lyfe
04-10-2007, 10:14 PM
The marketing of this album was off the chain. I'm going to get this and whichever other one I should get.

Mr Films
04-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Capital G > Vessel

I think Capital G is the next single.

lol the beginning sounds like MJ's "The Way You Make Me Feel"

The Notorious LOL
04-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I like the songs on here okay, and overall its a good album but it feels almost formulaic. Theres nothing I hear on this that really stands out as being drastically different from a lot of the NIN back catalog. Thats not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesnt have enough merits to really stand out to me as a great album. I would probably be fine with that if there wasnt all this hype/anticipation and explanation of it being a very different concept.

ShadrachMeshach
04-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Listen to it for free before you buy:

http://yearzero.nin-thespiral.com/FL...2f/player.html

Limited time offer.

ET
04-14-2007, 02:12 AM
I'm going to wait to listen to it this Tuesday. I know, stupid. Although I've heard the 4 leaked songs last month.

The thing about this album is that I've been reading about how everyone has a different favorite song on it. I hope it gets the sales it deserves. (y)

beastie fresh
04-15-2007, 01:29 AM
God Given is one of the best songs on the album

The Notorious LOL
04-15-2007, 03:16 AM
God Given is one of the worst Nine Inch Nails songs ever.

Mr Films
04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
It feels more like an album whereas With Teeth was just sort of a bunch of songs.

I agree it's nothing really new from NIN but it's pretty much them (him) doing what they (he) do (does) best. Which I dig.

JobDDT
04-15-2007, 09:17 PM
I've heard every song on the album.

Not that I needed to. Every NIN song sounds the same these days.

I'm sorry, I used to be a fan of NIN's music (still am, if you're talking old NIN), but Reznor keeps producing the same damn song. Plus, I'm not much into the whole "concept" album.

kaiser soze
04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Last NIN album I enjoyed was Downward Spiral and haven't listen to much since

Miho
04-18-2007, 09:30 PM
Listening to it now. It's bad ass, I like it. Album's all over the place with the production. I'm a relatively new fan...just got Downward Spiral recently, classic shit. Next I wanna get The Fragile. Heard it's OK.

Best tracks on Year Zero: The Good Soldier, Vessel, Capital G, My Violent Heart, The Warning.

Mr Films
04-18-2007, 09:53 PM
the last half of the album is really haunting and great. Now I can't wait for the sequel.

it's at least his most cohesive record since downward spiral.

and Mio, the Fragile is great but it's really kind of bloated.

Miho
04-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Yeah, I figured...double album. :/

ET
04-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Well worth waiting for. Even the disc itself is cool. And it smells like a brand new Cabbage Patch Kid?
For some reason God Given reminds me of Pretty Hate Machine.

I AM THE GREAT DESTROYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (http://thegreatdestroyer.ytmnd.com/)

JobDDT
04-18-2007, 11:49 PM
Oh my God, I heard an track off the album today and all of the customers and myself in line actually cringed at how "nails on a chalkboard-y" it sounded.

Mr Films
04-19-2007, 12:18 AM
Oh my God, I heard an track off the album today and all of the customers and myself in line actually cringed at how "nails on a chalkboard-y" it sounded.

nine inch nails on a chalkboard

ET
04-19-2007, 12:39 AM
It's an acquired taste. Year Zero is best enjoyed with +$20 headphones as I think all NIN albums after The Downward Spiral should be heard.

ET
04-20-2007, 04:48 PM
There was a live show for folks who followed the "game" and lived in Los Angeles.

You can watch it here (http://www.opensourceresistance.net/) or find it here (http://www.demonoid.com/files/details/1120774/3100888/) courtesy of demonoid.com.

Apparently the game is getting pretty big now.

TurdBerglar
04-20-2007, 08:17 PM
after first listen, nothing really striked me. it seems like he's gone more for a techno feel than a rock feel for this one. i don't like it. just sounds like a bunch of sound effects over some beats to me. no structure.

Miho
04-20-2007, 10:02 PM
Another Version of the Truth is a cool instrumental, and starts out eerie, then calm piano music. I like playing it while I'm doing something else.

befsquire
04-22-2007, 02:07 PM
lol is a music snob.

i think i'm gonna go buy this today.

ET
04-23-2007, 12:34 AM
The more I listen to it the more I like it. It is tons better than With Teeth. Hell, even The Fragile compared to some of the songs on that album. Just a warning, Trent has fallen in love with his VST distortion plug-ins. I think as Mr. Bef knows I used to be way into distorted beats exclusively.

I'm such a nerd for knowing how each song fits into the viral marketing

Jitters
06-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Another Version of the Truth is a cool instrumental, and starts out eerie, then calm piano music. I like playing it while I'm doing something else.

I love that song too. I really like the piano.

I got the album a few weeks ago and so far it's the only album I've heard this year that I've enjoyed.

It's my first time listening to NIN though so thankfully I can't judge it against the other albums.