PDA

View Full Version : What's with me and animal problems?

QueenAdrock
04-10-2007, 05:54 PM
I mean, you all remember that bird that got caught in my drier because he flew in from the outside right? No? Well, doesn't matter. Today I come home from work, I walk up the stairs of my front porch and start to open the door when I hear "SKRREEE!" and I look over and see what looks like a chipmunk with a very long tail that curls up over his back. Why, it's a baby squirrel! What the fuck is he doing on my porch? Doesn't matter. I open up the door fully and I start to move my foot when the little guy decides to start throwing down fisticuffs and takes a swing at my ankle. And then he screamed at me louder.

So what do I with this little baby squirrel chirping at me? I ring the doorbell and have my roommate answer, I'm not about to try to walk inside again. She says that our other two roommates mentioned something to her when they were leaving, but she didn't think it was a problem. Well, we talk to someone who knows something about animals and he tells us that it's completely abnormal behavior, him being so angry and willful and just staying put. So long story short, we think he may be rabid or something and we're calling animal control now, because a) we don't wanna kill it :( and b) We don't want him infecting other animals.

Poor little guy :(

cookiepuss
04-10-2007, 06:29 PM
lol! RABID SQUIRELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!:mad:

I'm sorry dianna that is too funny.

cosmo105
04-10-2007, 06:42 PM
hahahaha @ squirrel punching your ankles

QueenAdrock
04-10-2007, 06:47 PM
We called animal control and they just hurried us off the phone, saying "Oh, he'll be fine." LIAR! We have to report it if he has rabies or whatever, and they didn't take us seriously. And now he's set up camp underneath my car so I can't leave to go to the gym. :mad:

cookiepuss
04-10-2007, 06:53 PM
you got a sling shot?

no. Im kiding. don't hurt him.

on a positive note it might not be rabies. he might just be a little Nutz....Ahhahahahaha get it. Nutz?! :D

QueenAdrock
04-10-2007, 09:20 PM
You know, I wonder if he was just freaked out because he got separated from his mommy. There's a family of squirrels who live in our house, so maybe he's related to them. We'll be hanging out in the living room and then all of the sudden we'll hear scurrying above our heads and wee little squirrel giggles. We get a broom handle and knock the ceiling, telling those rodents to KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF, PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO WATCH TV! They're usually silent for about 20 seconds, then start playing again.

Squirrels are so cute but so annoying.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
04-10-2007, 10:28 PM
Aw thats so cute in a really sad and annoying way. If he didnt have rabies I'd take him in and make him a pet. Im determined to get either a squirrel or a duck.

Dorothy Wood
04-11-2007, 12:26 AM
omg, bebbe squirrel!

a girl I work with used to be friends with a neighborhood squirrel. she first met it outside where it was shaking up a juice bottle that had an apple core in it. she brought it over to my coworker and slapped her foot and looked at her like, "open this pls", so she opened the bottle and dumped out the apple core and the squirrel grabbed it and ran off. heh. :o

although, after that, the squirrel got pregnant and broke into her house a couple of times and stole food. oops. hee hee, smart little bugger.

Lyman Zerga
04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
i saw a dead baby falcon today and a pan caked flat cat on the street a few weeks ago

Yeti
04-11-2007, 09:57 AM
This thread reminded me of a friendly squirrel that would climb onto my shoulder. I rumaged thru my scrapbooks and found a photo that was in the local newspaper in Harrisonburg, Va. Click the link and try not to laugh too hard.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n58/AlienAiden/SquirrelMan.jpg

abcdefz
04-11-2007, 10:04 AM
Nice. Is that really you?

1981!

Yeti
04-11-2007, 10:08 AM
Yep, I was a sophomore. I graduated High School in 84. The Beasties were hanging out in punk clubs and I was feeding a crazed squirrel.

A neighbor called the paper when they saw me feeding the squirrel.