PDA

View Full Version : beastiemixes.com 2.0

bobaratt
04-22-2007, 06:19 PM
Beastiemixes 2.0 is in full forward motion. "Database Guy" and I have been locked in one room for 10 hours straight today (except for when I made a pizza run) and let me tell you, he was kickin' some major ass. I now have a major pile of work on my plate getting everyone's mixes and all their personal info into the database so his stuff will make your stuff look good. There are some features that still need to be worked out, and some things that need to be tweaked but it will be worth the wait. So if I seem to be slacking over the next couple weeks, please know that we are working our ass off over here to give you guys a better experience over here at Beastiemixes.

You guys have been very patient I know, but please bear with us a little while longer. We both have full time jobs, and other responsibilities. But the wait shal be over soon. :-)

THANKS DATABASE GUY ! ! !
You One Eyed Freak!

It seriously cracks me up that Silence7 is so grateful for OUR work - thankin people for donating to the site, and apologizing for delays - when we ALL know that it is HE who we should be thanking on the daily. Silence7 is the shit.

Nygel
04-22-2007, 08:31 PM
its cuz he was blinded by the light, revved up like a duece, another runner in the night.

silence7
04-23-2007, 10:21 PM
You guys are the rock stars in this relationship, I'm simply the WAY underpaid promoter. Just mail me a few cans of Murphy's Irish Stout (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJZowoWmKNE) every now and then, that's all I ask. :)

Silence7

Little update.
Tues: 12:56am
I've input a little over 400 mixes so far. I think Carpel Tunnel is setting in...... I think I'll call it a night. And before you ask, I don't know how many are on the site in Total. Never counted, but I think it must be somewhere around a Metric Shitload, being as I still have a lot of mixes to enter...

REMIX LIST
(total: 416) So Far.........

bobaratt
04-24-2007, 04:30 AM
Didn't really want to start a new thread for this, but...

I was out on Friday, went to a karaoke bar, and rocked out "Get it Together" (by myself) and "Sure Shot" (with one other guy). Pictures are to follow...

Back to the subject at hand...180,000 downloads of 400 mixes?!?!? That's insane.

PWN productions
04-24-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm sure you can kick shit like the Beatsies, your mixes can... ;)

mc JymE, PWN productions

Shit, 180.000 IS a lot, man... :eek:

bobaratt
04-24-2007, 04:53 PM
I'm sure you can kick shit like the Beatsies, your mixes can... ;)

mc JymE, PWN productions

Shit, 180.000 IS a lot, man... :eek:

Damn...that's the nicest thing i think anybody has ever said to me!

The DJ did tell me afterwards that "Get it Together" was the best Beastie Boys karaoke he ever heard.

silence7
04-24-2007, 08:47 PM
We're actually hosting a lot more than 400 mixes, I've only put 416 into the database so far.

And my hosts' counter is a little weird, after the first 12 months, it becomes a rolling 12 months, so the download count is actually -2 months.

Silence7

bobaratt
04-24-2007, 09:04 PM
Ah...my mistake.

silence7
04-25-2007, 04:00 AM
642 mixes now in the database... And I thought we had maybe 200 max!! :confused:

I'm gonna guess maybe 100+ or so more to go? Then the real work begins. :o

Take it easy on me for the next few weeks guys.

April 7, 2006 to April 24, 2007
.mp3 [MP3 sound files] 192,740

Silence7

silence7
04-26-2007, 05:13 AM
Update:

720 mixes in the database. I'm taking tomorrow off.
We've got a few small features working right now that are going to make you guys very pleased. And other features in the works for after the site re-launches. Being as the data is being captured in the database, there are all kinds of cool things we will soon be able to do. I really owe D.B. Guy a huge thanks.

Many of you will not have "custom" headers when the site re-launches, you have the choice of designing your own, or waiting for me to re-make your header in the 2.0 style. If you would like to have a go at making your own, you can find the templates and instructions on this page.
http://beastiemixes.com/twopointohresources.htm

Fun Facts:
Beastiemixes is currently hosting 881 mixes.

Silence7

djB
04-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Of course thanks for the hosting but its a really good beasly boys resource too for live shows, a cappapas, instrumentals and rare goodies. word:cool:

PWN productions
04-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Update:

Fun Facts:
Beastiemixes is currently hosting 881 mixes.

Silence7

WHAAAATTT?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am sooooooo proud of it to be part of all this.... Tho it's a SMALL contribution comp[ared to what S7 does.... Thanks man!!!!(y) (y)

mc Jyme PWN productions

silence7
04-27-2007, 02:13 AM
Believe me, no thanks is needed...... I do this because I like to. I'm sure nobody here would like to do it. :p But you enjoy what you do, Remix.

I enjoy the fruits of your work, and this is my payback to you so that other people can enjoy your work also.

I know that sounded corny, but I think you know what I mean. If people enjoy what people give them, they should give back. This is my way of giving back because I'm not musical and don't know the first thing about remixing.

Alright I'm going to stop while I'm still probably not making any sense. ;)

Silence7

bobaratt
04-30-2007, 02:16 AM
As promised, pictures of me and Hajos (pronounced hi-yose) rockin out "Sure Shot" karaoke style. I'm the guy in the yellow shirt.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/MrGoodnuts/RatandHajos2.jpg
http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k95/MrGoodnuts/RatandHajos.jpg