PDA

View Full Version : The listening party must be over now

balohna
04-27-2007, 02:06 AM
I bet they're all having coffee talking about the album and laughing about how none of us will know anything about it until one of them goes home/to their hotel/whatever later tonight.

DeeJayZap
04-27-2007, 02:26 AM
:(

Darko
04-27-2007, 02:30 AM
Their ears are ringing from all the instruments on it. So many instruments.

balohna
04-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Maybe they rap with guitar effects and midi voices.

Darko
04-27-2007, 02:33 AM
They've got the Peter Frampton talk box on every song

balohna
04-27-2007, 02:37 AM
Yes. That's Adrock. Mike D is the Speak and Spell, MCA is Microsoft Sam.

Brother McDuff
04-27-2007, 03:24 AM
really, what is the deal with that listening party? im going crazy over here!:eek:

report report report report

balohna
04-27-2007, 03:26 AM
I was gonna do other stuff but I stayed online for the last 3 hours with hopes of a report.

Darko
04-27-2007, 03:27 AM
I think we're all just waiting for a 100% confirmed answer to the lyrics question.

Brother McDuff
04-27-2007, 03:30 AM
I think we're all just waiting for a 100% confirmed answer to the lyrics question.

the mic to mic post pretty much confirmed that already. but hopefully the report will finally calm down all those in beastie denial who just can't seem to accept it. and hopefully it will reassure them that it's all going to be a-okay.:o

balohna
04-27-2007, 03:30 AM
Yeah. I also want to know how good it is.

midzi
04-27-2007, 03:35 AM
I don't think we will hear anything soon. I doubt Paul will be posting from his tent.:D

balohna
04-27-2007, 03:42 AM
Who else went?

Brother McDuff
04-27-2007, 03:47 AM
you know mira won't hold out on us............................:o , right?

balohna
04-27-2007, 03:51 AM
I have a feeling she might be in bed or something :\

I'm so antsy right now, I need to know.

midzi
04-27-2007, 04:02 AM
I expect Paul and one other person will share some thoughts with us. And that's about it.

btw Nobody said that Beastie Boys have anything to do with a listening party. So it's not like the band selected anyone.

balohna
04-27-2007, 04:11 AM
Yes, it's a Capitol thing.

ILLMIX
04-27-2007, 08:01 AM
well....what does it sound like?

midzi
04-27-2007, 08:18 AM
Paul & Co will post reviews after they get back from Coachella.

A friend of M from Capitol described the new songs "as sounding like a jam session: simple guitar, bass, drums, and organ. Very much like 'In Sounds.'"

don't kill the messanger

camo
04-27-2007, 08:21 AM

A friend of M from Capitol described the new songs "as sounding like a jam session: simple guitar, bass, drums, and organ. Very much like 'In Sounds.'"

don't kill the messanger

ha ha great a jam album. How very lazy, sorry a mean creative of them.

ILLMIX
04-27-2007, 08:33 AM

don't kill the messanger

I wont kill the messenger, but you are JOKING right?

Parkey
04-27-2007, 08:35 AM
This sounds terrible...

midzi
To be honest I try not to think too much about things I hear about the album but I'm getting more... hmm concerned with every day.

Baseline
pending...

Lo_Lyfe
04-27-2007, 10:44 AM
The only reasons I won't believe it is (no disrespect) I find it hard to believe that the fans have the actual scoop, and that it sounds like a terrible idea for an album.

mm40oz
04-27-2007, 11:09 AM
THINK ABOUT IT IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO HEAR THE NEW CD HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE YOU TO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW. INCLUDING THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. AND I DONT KNOW WHO THIS HOT SAUCE IS OR WHY PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO HIM. HE FIRST TOLD US THE CD WAS CUMING OUT IN JUNE AND KNOW IT IS COMING OUT IN JULY. YA THAT SOUND LIKE HE HAS SOME GOOD INSIDE INFORMATION.

cj hood
04-27-2007, 11:21 AM
I expect Paul and one other person will share some thoughts with us. And that's about it.

btw Nobody said that Beastie Boys have anything to do with a listening party. So it's not like the band selected anyone.

i bought LTI 2 years before paulb was born......just sayin'......

Late-Night Lion
04-27-2007, 11:58 AM
I came online this morning hoping for an update...this wait is getting tough

Lo_Lyfe
04-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Do you think you can be called a 'Good Listener' at a listening party?

ILLMIX
04-27-2007, 03:22 PM
I came online this morning hoping for an update...this wait is getting tough

Yeh, it must be a really looooooooooong album....

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 03:32 PM
THINK ABOUT IT IF YOU WERE ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO HEAR THE NEW CD HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE YOU TO TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW. INCLUDING THE PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD. AND I DONT KNOW WHO THIS HOT SAUCE IS OR WHY PEOPLE ARE LISTENING TO HIM. HE FIRST TOLD US THE CD WAS CUMING OUT IN JUNE AND KNOW IT IS COMING OUT IN JULY. YA THAT SOUND LIKE HE HAS SOME GOOD INSIDE INFORMATION.
Hotsauce is one of the most reliable sources on this message board. Do you think SHE actually put out the wrong date on purpose? Oh yeah, you don't know this person. Dates change all the time in the entertainment industry and she was just passing on what she was told.

From what I'm lead to believe, the "official" date was officially released yesterday along with the "official" album name.

YoungRemy
04-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Who else went?

I'm guessing the trio of paulb, jennygirl and miramanee

coachella crew in the right place at the right time

details forthcoming

Brother McDuff
04-27-2007, 03:34 PM
seriously, show some compassion, or at least some mercy........

how was the listening party?

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I have no clue whatsoever. I know they are heading out to Coachella today. First thing I hear, I will pass it on.

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 03:40 PM
McD, clears some space in your box

mathcart
04-27-2007, 04:05 PM
McD, clears some space in your box
None of that secretive shit! Anyone know something, I think we all would like to know bout it
(!) :mad:

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 04:10 PM

mathcart
04-27-2007, 04:17 PM
HMMMM
SO I quess I'm a little on edge bout being in the dark. Was just kiddin, man, meant no offense.

Documad
04-27-2007, 04:20 PM
I hope that you all will cut the listeners some slack. Whatever they say or don't say, someone here will ridicule them. If I were them, I probably wouldn't say anything at all.

Whatever happens with the new CD, it's not a big deal. The beasties are still enjoying working together, there will be a new CD, it will probably have a cool cover, the Beasties will give funny interviews, the Beasties will tour, it sounds like we'll see them in some smaller venues -- that's some pretty good news.

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 04:21 PM
I'm in the dark just as much as you are. I wish I could get ahold of any of the people that got to attend but they are either out of phone range or they have their phones off.

I was telling McDuff to clear his messages because he is a friend and I have stuff to discuss with him that is private, stuff that is between me and him.

JasonP
04-27-2007, 05:35 PM
I hope that you all will cut the listeners some slack. Whatever they say or don't say, someone here will ridicule them. If I were them, I probably wouldn't say anything at all.

Whatever happens with the new CD, it's not a big deal. The beasties are still enjoying working together, there will be a new CD, it will probably have a cool cover, the Beasties will give funny interviews, the Beasties will tour, it sounds like we'll see them in some smaller venues -- that's some pretty good news.

Thats rather inconsiderate. Things like this are the only reason I come to this crappy message board. Plus why else would they invite message board members other than to share their experience.

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
Thats rather inconsiderate. Things like this are the only reason I come to this crappy message board. Plus why else would they invite message board members other than to share their experience.
Crappy? You shouldn't be here at all if that's the way you feel about this place.

balohna
04-27-2007, 05:45 PM
I think Miramanee works in the press so she got an invite and was able to bring a couple friends. She chose two of the message board people here. Nobody decided to invite people from here, it just happened.

JasonP
04-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Fine then! I'm gone. Who's coming with me???

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 05:48 PM
You should rephrase that sentence to:

This Message board is crappy most of the time so that is the reason I don't visit it often.

JasonP
04-27-2007, 05:54 PM
I rather say this message board sucks balls. Big elephantitis balls.

On the real....I check this message board daily and am very thankful for the updates from fans. If it wasn't for them I'd be completely in the dark

Rock On
04-27-2007, 06:28 PM
Don't care about not being part of the "Better Beastie Fans Comittee"
Don't care to drool all over the "Better Beastie Fans Comittee" for their "double-secret-inside" info,
Don't care about someone being invited to a listening party,
Don't care about what their review of what they heard is,
Don't care what the album sounds like,

I'm content to wait until the album's proper release to hear it as it was intended, from start to finish.(y)

JasonP
04-27-2007, 06:35 PM
Don't care to drool all over the "Better Beastie Fans Comittee" for their "double-secret-inside" info,

I'm content to wait until the album's proper release to hear it as it was intended, from start to finish.(y)

You bring up a good point. I don't really care about their opinion of the music. I guess I just want some confirmation about the album. There is something creepy about the "better beastie fan comittee", so I'm cool with not hearing their 2 cents. But I wouldn't mind some factual information about the new record.

JohnnyChavello
04-27-2007, 06:47 PM
You bring up a good point. I don't really care about their opinion of the music. I guess I just want some confirmation about the album. There is something creepy about the "better beastie fan comittee", so I'm cool with not hearing their 2 cents. But I wouldn't mind some factual information about the new record.

Creepy indeed. Trust me kids, Miramanee is not all about the fans, she's all about Miramanee and her fans. And let's get some perspective on this, not everyone with a blog and a telephone who manages to get info from some intern or desk jockey at Capitol is an industry insider. I'll give her and Midzi credit, their site is well done and relevant - as well as in constant violation of intellectual property laws - but her attitude on this message board has betrayed her real alliances and they have little to do with the Beastie Boys or their fans.

Bank Cashier
04-27-2007, 06:56 PM
So nobody has the goods on the listening party??

Pootytang
04-27-2007, 07:03 PM
I've always been taught that if you don't have something nice to say about a person, then don't say anything at all about them. You guys are dissing someone you don't even know. No wonder she has vacated these premises.

Honestly, what has she ever done to any of you but try to share info? Those of you who dog her, and you know who you are, need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Look over your own life before you critique someone elses.

Edit: and wtf is up with this Miramanee "Fan Club" B.S.? You must not have a clue about what friendship is.

JohnnyChavello
04-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I've always been taught that if you don't have something nice to say about a person, then don't say anything at all about them. You guys are dissing someone you don't even know. No wonder she has vacated these premises.

Honestly, what has she ever done to any of you but try to share info? Those of you who dog her, and you know who you are, need to check yourself before you wreck yourself. Look over your own life before you critique someone elses.

Edit: and wtf is up with this Miramanee "Fan Club" B.S.? You must not have a clue about what friendship is.

I've heard that saying before - it's bullshit. If someone is consistently acting like a pompous ass with delusions of grandeur, you call them out. She has a tendency to respond sarcastically to anyone who happens to disagree with her - no matter how civil they may be. She hasn't acted toward me like the benevolent fountain of information you make her out to be. I don't know anything, or have anything to say one way or the other, about her "life", just her behavior on here.

Laver1969
04-27-2007, 07:44 PM

I'm interested in what others think about the new album. I guess that's why I'm on this messageboard.

Laver1969
04-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I'll give her and Midzi credit, their site is well done and relevant - as well as in constant violation of intellectual property laws - but her attitude on this message board has betrayed her real alliances and they have little to do with the Beastie Boys or their fans.

Exactly who are her 'real alliances'? I'm not sure I understand what that means.

JobDDT
04-27-2007, 10:07 PM
I wonder if any bags were molested?

midzi
04-28-2007, 02:14 AM
I don't care what others think about the album. I would rather listen to the album myself without being influenced by what others said.

But if we don't hear anything from them I'd be disappointed and mad becuase I don't like when somebody makes fool out of me.

Friis gal
04-28-2007, 02:23 AM
^agree. I got a little dissapointed with AIFST the first times I saw it, since evrybody had praised it so much. But it would be nice just to hear something.
Something like, "A new single will be out tomorow" :p

Could it be that they HAVE to keep it secret till a special date, since no other places on the net has writtin about it?

midzi
04-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Could it be that they HAVE to keep it secret till a special date, since no other places on the net has writtin about it?

They're at Coachella, and don't have access to the internet and even if they did I guess there are better things to do at the festival than sitting in the internet:p

I think it was unecessary to write about it before listening to the album.

Friis gal
04-28-2007, 02:35 AM
I see, but you could imagin some media peeps would.
I don't know how stuff like this works, just asking :)

Documad
04-28-2007, 02:42 AM
I'm sure that the idea of hearing the album was exciting and that made it difficult to keep the thing secret. But telling other fans ahead of time was bound to cause bad feelings.

I also wonder what the etiquette is. If the record company gives you a sneak peek, is it bad form to trash the album?

midzi
04-28-2007, 02:45 AM
I also wonder what the etiquette is. If the record company gives you a sneak peek, is it bad form to trash the album?

haha:D

Anyway what can you really say after one listen.

Documad
04-28-2007, 02:52 AM
Anyway what can you really say after one listen.
I can't say anything after one listen. All of the albums that I love most took a long time to grow on me. The ones I like at first listen never last. I've always wondered how it works when rock critics have to listen to the album once with the record company and then they interview the artist and write a review.

Wine is similar. The kinds that taste good at wine tastings are not the best wines. The best wines don't taste their best until they've spent a few more years in the bottle. :)