PDA

View Full Version : Course of time

TAFKASB
05-01-2007, 08:19 AM
I reckon what will happen after the release of the new album will be pretty much the same as after PB came out. To us die hard Beastie fans whatever they do never truly surprises us, we know deep down they do what they want and how they want. People that were into them before TT5B will still understand why they have gone in another direction with The Mix up. The people who got into them on the back of TT5B and have none of there previous stuff will be floored by this new album, pretty much what happened when they dropped LTI..loads of people went out and bought it, then they bought out PB, and it flopped because most people were expecting much of the same stuff as before...it truly only got the credit it deserved many years later, when people started to understand what it was all about. In my opinion, if this album follows suit on the previous stuff they have done, in time, the people that might hate on it when it comes out, will be the same people who say in a few years.." oh yeah, the mix up..a classic ". I was one of the people when PB came out and thought this aint what I want from the Beastie Boys..but many moons past, and now I truly admire what they have done over the years.

Otis Driftwood
05-01-2007, 08:26 AM
I wasn't ready when I first heard "Shake your rump" and that's just that. I was expecting that lovable raps on metal guitars stuff from LTI. I only knew that song from MTV and felt let down. Mind, I was still an unenlightened teenager back then. If I'd have heard Car Thief or Looking down the barrel of a gun back then I would have gone nutso. Today I can see how brilliant it was. Wouldn't surprise me if I came to appreciate the Mix Up when I'm 40... So buy that fucking album and prepare to get psyched. Now or later!

cj hood
05-01-2007, 08:53 AM
you can't compare an instrumental album to any album with lyrics........its apples and oranges.......

TAFKASB
05-01-2007, 09:44 AM
I'm not comparing a lyrical album with an instrumental album...I think you may have misundertood my point. What I'm trying to say is what post TT5B fans expect..this aint gonna be it.

Brother McDuff
05-01-2007, 02:59 PM
you can't compare an instrumental album to any album with lyrics........its apples and oranges.......

sure, but it's all tasty fruit, nonetheless.