PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever thought about quitting videogames?

Kid Presentable
06-09-2007, 11:37 AM
I dunno, everybody would still be exposed to games at friends houses and so on. I mean more if you own a system and sit down (or a PC) and you're playing, and think "Fuck! I'm not a kid anymore! What the fuck am I doing?". And then really start to question what your priorities are. And maybe try to grow up.

Me, I don't. I got on the 360 last night, and thought I'll never stop playing video games.

Lex Diamonds
06-09-2007, 11:53 AM
This is something I've thought about along with "have you ever though of quitting hip-hop?"

My sister's ex was about 31 and he said to me that he started to feel weird listening to rappers talking about smoking weed and carrying guns, like it's all just stories for kids and he had outgrown it.

Kid Presentable
06-09-2007, 11:57 AM
This is something I've thought about along with "have you ever though of quitting hip-hop?"

My sister's ex was about 31 and he said to me that he started to feel weird listening to rappers talking about smoking weed and carrying guns, like it's all just stories for kids and he had outgrown it.

I feel weird listening to some of the rap music in my collection. But quality never dies.

A friend of a friend was being told by his girlfriend that at 32 he shouldn't be wearing hoodies anymore, that he should dress his age. Fuck that.

TurdBerglar
06-09-2007, 12:21 PM
how are hoodie age appropriate

funk63
06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
I feel weird listening to some of the rap music in my collection. But quality never dies.

A friend of a friend was being told by his girlfriend that at 32 he shouldn't be wearing hoodies anymore, that he should dress his age. Fuck that.

you're in your 50s?

Bob
06-09-2007, 06:21 PM
i'd quit drinking before i quit videogames

GetYourWarOn
06-09-2007, 06:32 PM
i'll never quit playing tecmo superbowl

TAL
06-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I've thought about starting a few times.

Jitters
06-09-2007, 07:58 PM
I have not.

If you do then you probably have the stereotype that it's for kids in your head.

yeahwho
06-09-2007, 08:33 PM
Of course I have, just waiting for murder to be legalized.

ericlee
06-09-2007, 09:39 PM
Never. The tech is just gonna get more and more amazing and I don't want to miss out on it at all.

Kid Presentable
06-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Once I get my degree and a good job, I want to buy a gaming PC. That's my only real change, I just want to mature in my gaming a bit. I love (or at least used to love) RTS games like the Civilization series in particular. I want to get into that shit.

Deep_Sea_Rain
06-10-2007, 01:02 AM
I've thought about it....and I don't think I could. It'd be like giving up music....another hobby I enjoy. I guess when I stop enjoying games, I'll stop playing them. Pretty simple.

I don't think I could ever get into computer games though....just not my thing.

Drederick Tatum
06-10-2007, 01:13 AM
I haven't really played video games much this last six months due to uni. I played a bit of Chrono Trigger on my SNES emulator, but I uninstalled all mah games. it's semester break now and I put Counterstrike back on. its alright, but too many cheats.

once I get a job however, then I'll be right back into it.

Bob
06-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Once I get my degree and a good job, I want to buy a gaming PC. That's my only real change, I just want to mature in my gaming a bit. I love (or at least used to love) RTS games like the Civilization series in particular. I want to get into that shit.

the civilization series is turn based not real time but i'm a nerd so fuck you i get to feel superior

but yeah, civ 4 is an amazingly excellent game. what's the last civilization game you played? popular opinion is that civ 2 is really great, civ 3 is kind of disappointing, but civ 4 is great again, and i pretty much agree (although i haven't played civ 2 in ages).

civ 4 really is an amazingly fun game though. and if you like the civilization series, look into galactic civilizations 2. google it, i think you can buy it online. it's basically civilization in space with a lot more customization (you can design your own ships, and in terms of aesthetic detail, the sky's the limit, it can be as ornate or as mundane as you want it to be).

Kid Presentable
06-10-2007, 02:17 AM
the civilization series is turn based not real time but i'm a nerd so fuck you i get to feel superior

but yeah, civ 4 is an amazingly excellent game. what's the last civilization game you played? popular opinion is that civ 2 is really great, civ 3 is kind of disappointing, but civ 4 is great again, and i pretty much agree (although i haven't played civ 2 in ages).

civ 4 really is an amazingly fun game though. and if you like the civilization series, look into galactic civilizations 2. google it, i think you can buy it online. it's basically civilization in space with a lot more customization (you can design your own ships, and in terms of aesthetic detail, the sky's the limit, it can be as ornate or as mundane as you want it to be).

Pardon my error, as you can see my frame of reference isn't too deep. I played Civ 3 most recently. I often found it infuriating that I was plodding along in comparison to my neighbours. I would have loved more time with it to work out what I was doing wrong (I was minding my flatmate's laptop for 10 day.).

But yeah, I was sucked right into it. I seriously couldn't stop playing it. What are some other good strategy-type games?

sound boy
06-10-2007, 02:56 AM
not into video games that much. i only play the james bond games for some reason. i might get a wii just so i can play all the old school games i loved as a kid.

ms.peachy
06-10-2007, 03:01 AM
I experimented with videogames back in high school, but didn't get hooked. Of course back then it was a just a bit of Atari here, a little Nintendo there. Nowadays the kids go straight to mainlining Xbox and freebasing Wii I hear, so really, what hope do they have but to pick up an expensive habit? Not like in my day, when you could just do a bit of Donkey Kong or Missile Command at the weekend and still be alright for school come Monday.

Randetica
06-10-2007, 03:21 AM
im usually at the quit stage so i think about starting gaming again

Kid Presentable
06-10-2007, 03:21 AM
I experimented with videogames back in high school, but didn't get hooked. Of course back then it was a just a bit of Atari here, a little Nintendo there. Nowadays the kids go straight to mainlining Xbox and freebasing Wii I hear, so really, what hope do they have but to pick up an expensive habit? Not like in my day, when you could just do a bit of Donkey Kong or Missile Command at the weekend and still be alright for school come Monday.

hahaha

Randetica
06-10-2007, 03:22 AM
I've thought about starting a few times.

hey dont copy me!

beastieangel01
06-10-2007, 04:03 AM
I have. And really, as far as new games are concerned I have simply because I don't have the cash for it. But really, as long as I still go out and see the sun and interact with people, having some video game time is fine I think.

paul jones
06-11-2007, 08:59 AM
I don't think I will stop playing video games

camo
06-11-2007, 09:10 AM
never ever. Too much fun and escapism to be had!

Helvete
06-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Just bought a 360 and about 10 games yesterday. So, no.

Kid Presentable
06-11-2007, 09:18 AM
Just bought a 360 and about 10 games yesterday. So, no.

Which games? I want to try out Fight Night Round 3.

Helvete
06-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Saint's Row
Rainbow Six: Vegas
PGR3
Forza 2
Virtua Tennis 3
GRAW2
Battlefield 2
Chromehounds
Lost Planet
Saint's Row

I'll probably get:
Crackdown
Just Cause
Call of Duty 3

perhaps before I go to Germany. Any suggestions? Don't suggest any RPG style games at all, I like FPS, but want a game which has a bit of depth to it and I can play over a few weeks.

Kid Presentable
06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Saint's Row
Rainbow Six: Vegas
PGR3
Forza 2
Virtua Tennis 3
GRAW2
Battlefield 2
Chromehounds
Lost Planet
Saint's Row

I'll probably get:
Crackdown
Just Cause
Call of Duty 3

perhaps before I go to Germany. Any suggestions? Don't suggest any RPG style games at all, I like FPS, but want a game which has a bit of depth to it and I can play over a few weeks.

I'd suggest Gears Of War, but I dont touch the singleplayer at all, anymore. And it's one of the 2 games I own. I usually just play that online, or download old Arcade games. I'm definitely going to buy some more shit in the next couply weeks, but there'd be better people to ask.

P of R
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I have thought about it several times. Especially since most, if not all new games doesn't interest me. But then I re-discover some old game and I'm hooked again.

Helvete
06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
I'd suggest Gears Of War, but I dont touch the singleplayer at all, anymore. And it's one of the 2 games I own. I usually just play that online, or download old Arcade games. I'm definitely going to buy some more shit in the next couply weeks, but there'd be better people to ask.

Nah, my friend has that, we played the shit out of it on co-op, but I don't have live (and probably won't get it) so I'll give that a miss.

Deep_Sea_Rain
06-11-2007, 12:14 PM

GOW is an excellent game....I've been playing through it with a friend. I can't stop using that chainsaw...

Helvete
06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
Fuck off! The chainsaw is shit! I always get killed when I try and use it, he just runs up to the enemy, stands there as I frantically tried to cut the bastard up, and then he punches me dead.

Rock
06-11-2007, 01:17 PM
I want to try out Fight Night Round 3.

So so good! I don't really play videogames that much, but when we got this, I would take off from work to play it. Its fucking great.

bigblu89
06-11-2007, 01:39 PM
I haven't bought a new video game since Madden 2006 for PS2, but I'm in season 6 of the Franchise mode.

It's the only game I play anymore though.

I probably could give up gaming real easy though.

Once "real life" took over, gaming took a back seat, and hasn't moved up any rows recently.

Randetica
06-11-2007, 04:13 PM
I quit playing video games the day that I discovered vaginas. They are much cooler.

i second and quote that

beastieangel01
06-11-2007, 04:19 PM
some vaginas enjoy playing video games, fyi.

Drederick Tatum
06-12-2007, 04:22 PM
Which Counter Strike?

the latest one I suppose, the one that came with HL2. screen name Tatum. I'm not very good, and I usually just find a corner and pretend to call in napalm air strikes.

SugarInTheRaw
06-13-2007, 11:49 AM
:) neat.

abcdefz
06-13-2007, 11:54 AM
To videogames: "I wish I knew how to quit yew."

Deep_Sea_Rain
06-13-2007, 12:55 PM
I just beat Gears Of War, woohoo. This is a feat for me...I'm not a big FPS fan.

-T-
06-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I have always had at least one system. NES,SNES,N64,PS1 and a PS2. The last game I bought for my PS2 was GT4 and that was the day it came out like 2 1/2 years ago or whatever. I don't really play much anymore.

I'm sure I will buy another system some day. I have not really Bent tempted by anything lately. But I can say I really would like to own Forza 2 but it will not happen.

Bob
06-13-2007, 08:32 PM

some kid on counter-strike called me a vagina once, does that count?

Drederick Tatum
06-13-2007, 11:29 PM
Source. Yeah I play that.

Tatum:
Rank - 8118
0.38 points per minute.

I actually do alright sometimes. I try to kill more than I die. at the moment I have crazy lag problems. apparently a bug in the latest updates and nothing to do with my connection.

Jadge Fucking 1
06-14-2007, 12:10 PM
nah, generals and trans am's "sex change" 'til the sun comes up. china will grow larger/my hands have spleenters.