PDA

View Full Version : 2 new chromium05 "mix up" remixes

chromium05
06-15-2007, 01:06 PM
OK - here are my first (and maybe only) 2 remixes using the new album. I am having trouble with my webspace so have had to upload to my Myspace page. The 2 files to click are as below:

Freaky Hajiki with Shazam is "frjyhjkishazam"

B For My Name with Triple Trouble is "B4mynmtrpltrbl"

Any and all feedback appreciated

Chro'

http://www.myspace.com/fabricantdestambours

kleptomaniac
06-15-2007, 09:04 PM
LOVE 'EM!!!!!!!!!! AMAZING!! :D

bigfatlove06
06-15-2007, 09:13 PM
I am not a remixer, so I am totally talking out of my ass here, but...

What I like about the mixes (especially FH vs Shazam) is that instead of matching tempos to and laying entire verses of the acappella over the instrumental you chose bits and pieces of the track and created a beat of your own. I am talking to the guy who dropped (forgive me if the # is wrong) about 70 different samples on the jacked beats remix you did some time ago. Don't get me wrong, I love mash-ups, but a REMIX where you take bits and pieces of tracks and make them into something new is really cool. Once the LP is out and you can add scratching, well damn... the possibilities are exciting. I guess all I wanted to say is that I enjoyed both of them, and if you aren't feeling the new album then OK. But if I knew how to do what you know how to do, I would already be making plans on ways to integrate different sounds and components of the new album (it would be fun to sample 3 or 4 tracks vs one accapella). If these really are the only mixes you do from the new album, THANKS! I like them both. On the other hand I am greedy, and I love your stuff, so don't stop now.;)

bassdriver
06-17-2007, 04:07 AM
very nice - both of em!

silence7
06-18-2007, 11:03 PM
B for my name, That one was my fave, would make a great party tune. Now if I could just get out of my cave and take it to a party.

Freaky Hijiki reminded me of the Doors for some reason, I think it's the drums.

Both great.. (y)(y)

Silence7

CosmoKramer
06-23-2007, 11:10 AM
YOOOOO, B For My Name is awesome....Nice work, bro....Freaky Hijiki is great too....Like bigfatlove said, I like the way you cut it up to make it totally different......I can't wait to hear the rest of your "mix up" mixes....

Silence, the track that reminded me of The Doors the most was "Cousin Of Death" for some reason.....When I first tried to mix that song, the first thing i did was download the "soul kitchen" acapella and tried to incorporate it in there, but never worked out....I really wanted the "five to one" acapella, but nowhere to be found....

silence7
07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
I saw some giant pella site a few months ago, they had like a bazillion pellas.. I'll hunt around..

http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk

S7

chromium05
07-03-2007, 06:36 AM
I am not a remixer, so I am totally talking out of my ass here, but...

What I like about the mixes (especially FH vs Shazam) is that instead of matching tempos to and laying entire verses of the acappella over the instrumental you chose bits and pieces of the track and created a beat of your own. I am talking to the guy who dropped (forgive me if the # is wrong) about 70 different samples on the jacked beats remix you did some time ago. Don't get me wrong, I love mash-ups, but a REMIX where you take bits and pieces of tracks and make them into something new is really cool. Once the LP is out and you can add scratching, well damn... the possibilities are exciting. I guess all I wanted to say is that I enjoyed both of them, and if you aren't feeling the new album then OK. But if I knew how to do what you know how to do, I would already be making plans on ways to integrate different sounds and components of the new album (it would be fun to sample 3 or 4 tracks vs one accapella). If these really are the only mixes you do from the new album, THANKS! I like them both. On the other hand I am greedy, and I love your stuff, so don't stop now.;)

I never said thanks for this so erm...THANK YOU!!! (y)

With regards to the highlighed bit - I've been on it for the last 2 weeks. Will have some results up tomorrow (wednesday) hopefully

cheers

P.S - Silence - I can't register for that aca site - seems to be closed to new users