PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhh, look at all the lonely people

mikizee
06-29-2007, 09:17 AM
I bought Beatles - LOVE on vinyl, listening to it on my sweet expensive sound system, it RULES.

This album really polarises beatles fans, they either love it or hate it. I love it. Coming from an audio engineering background, I can appreciate the utter feat it would have taken to create it. Giles and George Martin did an AMAZING job. Some of George's original production techniques really fucked me off- (hey George, why don't you make the plane sounds on Back in the USSR a bit LOUDER - I don't think I can hear them!) And the way they have mixed different drum beats and solos from songs into others really is very very impressive. Pauls vocals on Day in the Life are like 600% better now, far more clarity and much louder in the mix.

Yesterday also rates a mention due to how good they got it sounding, and matched in perfectly with Blackbird, a miracle effort considering how technically limited the original recording was.

I give this album 11/10.

Linky (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrvakvS_gk)

I'm going to get another beer.

Jadge Fucking 1
06-29-2007, 11:53 AM
when macca says "ahhhhh!" do you think he's doing a sly scouse point and laugh? i reckon.

yeahwho
06-29-2007, 04:32 PM
Actually went to see LOVE at the Mirage last Tuesday the 26th. I spent a week in Vegas to escape wet Seattle and had a spectacular time.

Love is a great show, the sets and ambiance of the small theater are great. The Cirque du Soleil troupe is amazing. But you are correct on sound. especially if your sitting in the Mirage theater, it is a 360 degree setting, the seating is steep, so even though the theater holds just over 2000 people no one is more than 98 feet from the stage.

So back to the panoramic 360 degree sound system which consists of 6,341 speakers, it is mindblowing. Totally awesome sound system, the best I'm sure currently on the planet earth. That good, the show is amazing, the sound is awesome and I would definitely spend the $167.95 again for each seat.

The sound system really shined during the quieter songs, especially Here Comes the Sun, to describe the set is virtually impossible....other than to say it made Tim Burton's darkest set's look uncreative.

So now I guess I'll have to buy the damn soundtrack. The girl I went with bought an awesome Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds top.

PS I am now broke.

Jitters
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
I really like the album. When I first bought it I thought it was just going to be like a greatest hits album or something but I loved how they string the songs together like a DJ mixtape.

I have a lot of old Beatles vinyl but they're in such good condition I don't notice the superior sound on most of the songs on "Love."