PDA

View Full Version : London Brixton Academy

cornholio
07-10-2007, 11:38 AM
ONG i hate everybody who is going to any of these shows! By the time i founbd out about it it was all sold out!! GRRR!! man they'd better add some more dates or tour again pretty soon coz i wanna see em live SO badly!

timmie
07-11-2007, 09:33 AM
we'll you'll hate me!!!!......

Im going!

paul jones
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
me too

2 shows in 2 days

not got a roundhouse ticket though damn!

trailerprincess
07-11-2007, 02:29 PM
me too

2 shows in 2 days

not got a roundhouse ticket though damn!

me too! I am going both nights now

But not sure whether I am going to do Roundhouse ebay madness

trailerprincess
07-11-2007, 03:45 PM
Not sure if people know that the Victoria Line is closed after 10pm from now until October. Bus fun for anyone needing that line on the way home!

paul jones
07-11-2007, 04:57 PM
Not sure if people know that the Victoria Line is closed after 10pm from now until October. Bus fun for anyone needing that line on the way home!

no fuckin way! I hate buses

hmmmm might get a hotel after first night,it'll save on going down on the train coming back then going down and back the following night

midzi
07-12-2007, 07:27 AM

oh fuck

Thanks for the info(y)

timmie
07-12-2007, 08:28 AM
Oh great!! :mad:

trailerprincess
07-12-2007, 09:27 AM
Planned works (http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/livetravelnews/realtime/tube/track-closures.pdf)

Yep = Walthamstow to Brixton closed every Monday to Thursday from 10pm
starting 23rd July to 22nd November

(by the way, I don't generally spend my time being a geek about underground works, someone told me!)

Parkey
07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
Cunting heck!

paul jones
07-12-2007, 12:27 PM
Cunting heck!

illegal cabs love it when the lines are down,there will be swarms of them outside charging 20 quid upwards to drive to euston

cornholio
07-12-2007, 02:56 PM
ohhh i want them to add more dates!!!

or tour again REALLY soon!

they were so awesome at live earth but i wanna see em in a smaller venue!

ms.peachy
07-12-2007, 03:06 PM

Oh fuck me, that's so shit.

Well, in between now and then I'll have to figure out how to get to someplace where we can pick up the Northern Line, then. bum buggery bollocks.

How's this for funsies: I've just learned that I am giving a MAJOR presentation to my ENTIRE ORGANISATION on the morning after, Weds the 5th. I mean, this is a BIG FUCKING DEAL; basically I am going to have to justify everything I have been doing for the past 3 years to the heads of the museum and representatives from the DCMS. The morning after this gig.

Good thing I am so fucking awesome that this is not a problem.(y) HA :eek:

trailerprincess
07-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Oh fuck me, that's so shit.

Well, in between now and then I'll have to figure out how to get to someplace where we can pick up the Northern Line, then. bum buggery bollocks.

How's this for funsies: I've just learned that I am giving a MAJOR presentation to my ENTIRE ORGANISATION on the morning after, Weds the 5th. I mean, this is a BIG FUCKING DEAL; basically I am going to have to justify everything I have been doing for the past 3 years to the heads of the museum and representatives from the DCMS. The morning after this gig.

Good thing I am so fucking awesome that this is not a problem.(y) HA :eek:

Booo for the presentation but I feel your pain! I have to be in work at 8am the day after I go and see Prince AND it's a Sunday :(

In practical terms, it's not far to Clapham North which is on the Northern Line

Parkey
07-12-2007, 04:14 PM
illegal cabs love it when the lines are down,there will be swarms of them outside charging 20 quid upwards to drive to euston

It'll be like Mornigton fucking Crescent!

paul jones
07-12-2007, 04:56 PM
It'll be like Mornigton fucking Crescent!

I was there the other week when Beirut played the Koko.The pub opposite was ok.There was this chinese man at the bar eating these strange pizza type things

Parkey
07-13-2007, 09:06 AM
I was there the other week when Beirut played the Koko.The pub opposite was ok.There was this chinese man at the bar eating these strange pizza type things

You like Beirut?! Good man!

paul jones
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
You like Beirut?! Good man!

yeah thanks(y)

Parkey
07-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Here's a tube map with the lines marked as to where they really run... It always makes me feel sorry for tourists who get on the tube at Leicester Square to go to Covent Garden just because it looks quite a distance on the map...

Real Tube (http://tubejp.co.uk/)

ms.peachy
07-13-2007, 11:21 AM
Here's a tube map with the lines marked as to where they really run... [/URL]
Hey that's a great link, thanks for that. So it looks like it's not too far to bus/leg it up to Stockwell for the Northern Line. (Presumably there will be time before the last train runs... man no matter how long I live here I will never get used the idea that the subway stops running just because it's night.)

Kezza
08-06-2007, 09:20 AM
Just curious....has anyone received their tkts for the 4th Sept?

Booked mine on the day they were released and still no sign...should I start getting anxious?

Mucho thanx

b-grrrlie
08-06-2007, 12:26 PM
and I still need a ticket for the 5th, so if anyone's got a spare one...

alex_hoban
08-08-2007, 04:05 AM
HEy just wondering if your tickets for the London gigs have arrived yet - I booked mine so long ago I forgot about it, booked a holiday, then paniced last night when i realise I may have double-booked myself... lucky my flight get back to london the morning of the 4th! Phew!

But yea... have people's tickets turned up yet, cos there's no sign of mine!

xx

ms.peachy
08-08-2007, 05:30 AM
You know, this just occurred to me the other day as well. We have our tix for the Roundhouse gig on the 6th, but not for the Brix one on the 4th. What's up with that?

paul jones
08-10-2007, 01:10 PM
You know, this just occurred to me the other day as well. We have our tix for the Roundhouse gig on the 6th, but not for the Brix one on the 4th. What's up with that?

I'm booked for the 2 Brixton shows but so far have only tix for one of the nights.I booked by 2 diffrent ticket agencies,so ummm I hope the other tickets come soon,they said sometimes it may be 7 days before hand or something

paul jones
08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
my other tickets will be with me shortly I was informed today

now....I have someone interested in one of the nights but have to find out which one then if no one else wants my spare for the other I'll advertise here

watch this space,maybe

b-grrrlie
08-22-2007, 12:47 PM
my other tickets will be with me shortly I was informed today

now....I have someone interested in one of the nights but have to find out which one then if no one else wants my spare for the other I'll advertise here

watch this space,maybe
I still don't have a ticket for Wednesday so if you don't wanna go to that one I'll gladly buy your ticket.

peterclamp
08-23-2007, 04:24 AM
my tickets for the 4th at brixton have arrived thank god. i was getting alittle worried! see y'all there, me and timmie are meeting up b4 the show, anyone else wanna then pm me and will arrange things. C YA! :)

trailerprincess
08-23-2007, 05:32 AM
I have got my tickets for both Brixton nights but I am after one for a friend on the 5th if anyone can help me out. Much appreciated (y)

easy 3
08-23-2007, 07:32 AM
I'm glad I found this thread - I've been dealing out lumps of beef to the guy I paid (way over the odds - £50 a ticket) for tickets back in May!

No sign of my 4th September tickets - but I've had my 5th and 6th Sept tickets since June and I've been preparing for a costly loss.

Thanks for doing this thread - it sounds like a bunch of people are in the same boat and that it's hopefully not such a dubious vessel.

Apparently my tickets are booked through Seetickets?

IF I have spares the BBMB fan community will definitely get first dibs.

easy 3
08-25-2007, 04:11 AM
Received my 4th September tickets today - I'm happy now!

leestorm
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
got 2 standing for the 5th...cost price mates dropped out..

Gordon Gecko
08-31-2007, 05:37 AM
I got 2 for 5th and i'm looking forward to it. Beasties always rock london.

Is it Northern line from brixton to clapham?

Does anyone know if there are any works on this line or whther it closes at 10pm or anything?

neilmedler
08-31-2007, 05:57 AM
No, it's Northern Line from Clapham to Stockwell, then change to Victoria line for one stop, or walk!

Coming back, the Victoria line closes at 10pm until November for works. There's a replacement bus, or a short walk.

Info here: http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=79751&page=4

paul jones
08-31-2007, 06:16 AM
No, it's Northern Line from Clapham to Stockwell, then change to Victoria line for one stop, or walk!

Coming back, the Victoria line closes at 10pm until November for works. There's a replacement bus, or a short walk.

Info here: http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=79751&page=4

yeah my mate told me about that bus service.There's one that's about 4 stops that takes you to Oval

Achilles
08-31-2007, 07:41 AM
******TUBE STRIKE*********

Most of you know the Victoria line won't be functioning AFTER the gig, but you should also be aware it's likely you won't be able to use tube TO GET to gig.

Tube strike planned from Monday at 6pm for three days.

I hope it gets called off - drivers get paid £30k I heard which I reckon is too much already.

Anyway - best to be prepared to make alternative travel into Brixton.

neilmedler
08-31-2007, 08:37 AM
Bummer. Mainline train it is then.

davey1986
09-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Hi there, I was wondering if someone could help me.
I'm travelling from liverpool for tomorrow's show
(can't wait by the way!)
haha.. anyway
with all the planned work and strikes on the victoria tube line
i'm a bit worried about getting my coach home.
It leaves London Victoria Coach Station at 11.30..
is this gonna be possible to make?

Can anyone give me any tips on how me and my mate can get to Victoria
in time to make the coach home. (Pref.. without leaving the concert early!!)

thankyou. x

Parkey
09-03-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, talking to their PR they will be on stage from 9pm until 11pm ish. Getting to Victoria for 11:30 could be trouble. In all honesty, a cab is your only chance without leaving early. Soz.

Parkey
09-03-2007, 01:00 PM
I may have 2 tickets for tommorrow night... I'd do them at a tenner each. Let me know if you're interested. It's not definite yet.

davey1986
09-03-2007, 01:04 PM
Thanks for replying so quick mate.

I called the london travel information number earlier and it turns out
theres a train to victoria from brixton train station at. 11:07
soooooooo with a quick run from the venue, i should be okay! :D

Roll on tomorrow!!

paul jones
09-03-2007, 11:55 PM

Roll on tomorrow!!

nice one...also checked online that the Northern Line service should be ok throughout the strike so Stockwell if you want to go that way if anyone,like me is heading back to Euston

ms.peachy
09-04-2007, 11:49 AM

Roll on tomorrow!!
b-grrrlie here:
you really need to run fast! it's quite a long walk from station to station! also try to check out in advance which platform your coach leaves. Once I thought I'd make it from the tube station to the coach station in time, even saw my time blinking on the screen when I arrived there, but of course it had to be the furthest platform so I missed my coach...

paul jones
09-04-2007, 07:01 PM
just got back from first night!

fucking brilliant!

met bgirrlie,venus,ms peachy,yorkshire rose etc for a brief few minutes in plan b before the show....will be there again tomorrow and at roundhouse on thursday

(y)