PDA

View Full Version : Intergalactic vs. Stronger NYGEL REMIX!

Nygel
08-06-2007, 10:31 AM
http://beastiemixes.com/download.php?id=1122&chk=kj78

yep... its awesome... even if it is just a mashup

bobaratt
08-06-2007, 11:38 AM
It is awesome...that wierd voice fit in perfect. Very cool:D(y)

Nygel
08-06-2007, 05:05 PM
thanks, i wish it were original though :(

7x5
08-06-2007, 05:16 PM
:eek:That is sweet Nygel! BOOMIN!

bobaratt
08-06-2007, 10:36 PM
thanks, i wish it were original though :(

How many times have you been at the club, watching hundreds of hot-ass ladies shaking thier shit to a DJ spinnin' nothin' but pop hits?!?!?!? You ARE original. No shame in a mash. A mash done well is worth 1000 average original mixes. That's my opinion, anyhow.

silence7
08-07-2007, 12:20 AM
Yeah, club DJ's for the most part are a pretty un-original bunch. There are exceptions, but most are just spinnin' requests and remixes from guys like you. Makes the DJ sound like he's actually doing something besides droppin' the needle.

Silence7

CosmoKramer
08-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Nygel
08-08-2007, 10:24 PM
so you'd rather hear me put out a club anthem mashup than an original track? cuz i'll start doin some more crazy mashups then.

spacemac9000
08-08-2007, 11:41 PM
not bad NYGE ...

its true what they say .....a good mashup is always a nice thing....

bobaratt
08-09-2007, 03:14 AM
so you'd rather hear me put out a club anthem mashup than an original track? cuz i'll start doin some more crazy mashups then.

NO!!! I want you to put out WHAT YOU FEEL. If you got some original shit going on, then put it out there. If you heard a song recently, and told yourself that you could mash it superbly, then do that. I would have to say, above all else, DON'T FORCE IT.

Nygel
08-09-2007, 02:23 PM
NO!!! I want you to put out WHAT YOU FEEL. If you got some original shit going on, then put it out there. If you heard a song recently, and told yourself that you could mash it superbly, then do that. I would have to say, above all else, DON'T FORCE IT.

GREAT original material of mine goes to my other projects (other rappers)

and thus simpler tracks and mashups get bboy mixes, i try to get one out every so often so that noone forgets about me here but thats how things go.

7x5
08-09-2007, 03:00 PM
You ARE original. No shame in a mash. A mash done well is worth 1000 average original mixes. That's my opinion, anyhow.

I totally agree... Why is a good mash less creative than a remix? You are just using a different part of your brain, that's all. It's like a great sculptor and a great photographer. Sure the sculptor has to create something from 'nothing', but the photographer has to have the 'vision' to know what is great when he sees it, and have the skill and creativity to compose his shot so that it conveys exactly what he wants. IMHO both of these are equally artistic, and we would be less rich for the lack of either.

Nygel
08-09-2007, 11:09 PM
original > mash, thats really how i feel. really, laying one track with another isnt the hardest thing in the world, but neither is laying down a continueing loop. so it all depends on the work done on the track to me... a mashup that involves crazy editing and such is far more impressive than... well, my track.

7x5
08-10-2007, 12:16 AM
Heres my latest http://www.beastiemixes.com/download.php?id=1126&chk=uulf
its a straight mash, and trust me, I put every bit as much work into this as one of my all original remixes. It's really just dabbling in slightly different art forms.
I hope I don't sound smug or pretentious, just tryin to 'splain how I feel:o

ScarySquirrel
09-18-2007, 10:31 PM
Gotta give it up to you on the blend, man. Good lookin' on this one.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-19-2007, 04:30 PM
omg dude, amazing (y) I love it. Seriously... Amazing.

I am now terribly tempted to DL everything on your page...

Okay, I've DL'd a lot of your shit. (Hope you dont mind) and after hearing your Johnny Cash/etc remixes (especially the Just a test/One track) and I officially love you. (y)

MIKEtotheD
09-19-2007, 05:00 PM
nYgel, that's good shit; I love it (y)

Nygel
09-19-2007, 06:33 PM
how'd this get bumped? thanks guys! I guess now that Stronger is bigger i should have bumped it. Thanks RaZoRbLaDe KiSs, i've got more on the way.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
09-19-2007, 06:43 PM
Keep me updated dude. Anything you have that's Cash/Daft, Im all ears. Your shit is B fuckin A. (y)

tripledoubler
09-28-2007, 03:24 AM
This is nice, NYGEL, after a few seconds I was really asking myself how this would integrate the acapella, but it really works.
My attempt on the "Intergalactic"-acapella is more like in the pit.
You can check it out here:
http://www.myspace.com/sessionfive
and leave comment here, if you like to
http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=80083
:D

Nygel
11-29-2007, 10:30 PM
i got this in regards to this mix

i heard this mix at the amusement park near my house when I was about to go on the rollercoaster. I f@#$ing love it. Can I have a copy? Is there any way for me to burn it to cd. you're the bomb! Keep up the good work.

is that legal? can they play my stuff? he hasnt replied to my response, but im a bit confused.

silence7
11-30-2007, 03:46 AM
is that legal? can they play my stuff?

I would be asking how in the hell they tracked you down on the internet... It's not like they saw the mp3's and looked at the ID3 tag and saw a website address.... They Heard the mix, how do you hear a mix, and then track it down like that?

That track actually has the www.beastiemixes.com address in the comment box in the ID3 tag. But how could they have seen it I don't know.

Legal? I would say yes. Unless they were selling mixtapes with your stuff on them. But you put the tracks out there for people to download. And they're not entirely yours anyway. But they were using it in a public performance sort of way, and making money from the rides, so Uhhhhh I dunno'...

Shoulda' told them you'd send them a mixtape of your stuff for free, but shipping would be $100. And an autograph would be an extra $50 :-)

S7

Duckfisher
12-06-2007, 04:18 AM
yeh it fits lol, good thinking, or whas it luck? :D

anyway, cool remix (y)

Nygel
08-31-2008, 09:16 PM
1000 downloads from beastiemixes
linkity link (http://beastiemixes.com/numbers.php)

Tzar
09-01-2008, 11:02 AM
fuckin' mint.
gotta stop by this place more often.