PDA

View Full Version : TOP Songs/Moments for YOU during this '07 Tour?

TylerDurden
08-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Aside from the obvious fun fact that you loved the whole damn thing, what is that one champion song (or two) that has stuck out for YOU on this tour so far?

Sometimes, not always, I have a moment during a concert where I say,
"Yep. This is my moment right here. It's all going down for me RIGHT NOW!"

dropthis
08-09-2007, 09:27 AM
i'd probably have to go with paul revere..
been a fan of the beasties forever, but last wk was only the 2nd time i've ever seen them (first was in 99 at the free mumia show w/rage) -- paul revere was a nice surpise i wasnt expecting!

TylerDurden
08-09-2007, 10:37 AM
I saw they did REVERE and thought, "DAMN! That's GREAT!" I can only imagine how great that was.

SpacemanSpliff
08-09-2007, 11:20 AM
jimmy james at gala event, wow!

CHECKHEAD2004
08-09-2007, 01:28 PM
I agree.. Jimmy James all the way... and just being in 3rd row at a gala event.... : )

kll
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
honkey rink

Pootytang
08-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Being wished a Happy Birthday from Adrock and then Jimmy James pretty much being dedicated to me.

mathcart
08-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Being wished a Happy Birthday from Adrock and then Jimmy James pretty much being dedicated to me.

We ain't all that lucky...:rolleyes:

No doubt for me its Son of Neckbone being a staple of their Gala (and some non-Gala shows)- its my favorite. I think Shake your rump has moved way up my list also for songs that the boys HAVE to play live now- the way MMM is beat dropping- especially on that one its now some next level shit and I really get insanely pumped up when that drumroll beat drops. So those 2, I guess.:)

jennyb
08-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Standing out front of the Crocodile Cafe' in Seattle overhearing the hardcore soundchecked was titilating to say the least! That same night, requesting 'Sloppy Drunks' standing right in front of Horovitz and his reply 'looks like we've got a Country Mike fan in the house'. *faints*

Watching Kathleen dancing on the side of the stage in Paris was pretty awesome too. Hearing 'Transitions' played live. OMG 'Mark on the Bus' is super cool as well.

Oh this whole Gala thing is just the best. I'm so looking forward to the show at the Wiltern.

bigblu89
08-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow morning.

yolanda
08-10-2007, 01:14 PM
SHAKE YOUR RUMP really did it for me last night in Brooklyn. Amazing!

Pootytang
08-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I would also have to say being surrounded by fellow fans during the shows.

Crocodile Cafe, as Jenny brought up, was super fly fresh because the weather was spectacular and Adrock came out for a smoke before the show. Plus us fans were representing in full force.

Sasquatch 1st show was noice and calm compared to the 2nd show and the rail for the 1st one was where it was at.

Philly show was pretty special because the Mike, Adam and Adam were full of energy and did a great performance, not that I've really ever seen them do a bad performance.

And the Atlantic City show was super ill because our posse was dressed in some fresh fly threads and once again, the rail is where we could be found.

BUT WHAT DOES ANY OF THIS HAVE TO DO WITH THIS THREAD ANYWAYS.

SpacemanSpliff
08-10-2007, 03:14 PM
jimmy james at gala event, wow!

update: "no sleep till brooklyn" at mc carren park pool. holy shit.

RobMoney$
08-10-2007, 07:53 PM
Shambala. - I didn't think I'd ever hear it live, highlight of the Philly show for me.

Alfredo Ortiz - I gained a whole new respect for what he contributes to the band after the AC show. My jaw was agape.

Adrock on Guitar - He has achieved "Guitar God" status.

Mike D - Seeing Mike open up a show with "Tough Guy" and back to being the front man of the band for the hardcore stuff was incredible.

Throwing my hat to Adrock after the show in AC and having him throw it back to me was pretty cool.

Money Mark one-man mosh pit during Heart-Atttack Man.

All the interaction with the band from being in the front row.

and of course meeting, and sharing a Beastie Boys show with my fellow BBMBers (y)

NicRN77
08-10-2007, 07:56 PM
Being 3rd row at the Gala in Boston (Ya, Shelley!)

Money Mark dancing around like a mad man during Heart Attack Man

Hearing In 3's and Son of a Neckbone...two of my favorite instrumentals

Casey D
08-11-2007, 01:06 AM
i really enjoyed lighten up at the boston gala

and my favorite moment at the pavillion was when mike put on the cyborg helmet

and again at the pavillion during ch-check it out when mike d had everyone put up their fingers and made everyone shhh while the adams were off to the side laughing

dana
08-11-2007, 01:08 AM
FRONT AND CENTER at both Central Park and Brooklyn, best times of my life. Mike D looking at me which made me collapse and almost have a heart attack, hah hah. Skills to Pay the bills at Central Park: AMAZING! Also opening with Hello Brooklyn at mccarren park. Went to 3 shows, will never forget it for the rest of my life.

mathcart
08-11-2007, 02:50 AM
No doubt for me its Son of Neckbone being a staple of their Gala (and some non-Gala shows)- its my favorite. I think Shake your rump has moved way up my list also for songs that the boys HAVE to play live now- the way MMM is beat dropping- especially on that one its now some next level shit and I really get insanely pumped up when that drumroll beat drops. So those 2, I guess.:)

Yeah now I gotta say 3 dope shows in 3 days- has to be an overall highlight- I'm a little spent just thinking about it- what great memories I have- but especially of the Brooklyn show, absolutely the highlight of these three days for me!(y)

smfd26
08-12-2007, 01:19 AM
Being in the pool with everyone knowing and anticipating the arrival of the two words: "HEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOKLYYYYYYNNN!!!!" it was like dams busted from our mouths as we screamed along followed by everyone going crazy-ape-shit-nut-balls during the bass that follows. yeah. hell yeah.

TylerDurden
08-12-2007, 01:35 AM
All of this is so fucking great to hear!

We're going to the mountain top on August 16th here!!!!!!

The Beasties are going to stand on the top of the mountain with us, and Morrison, Colorado is going to EXPLODE!

The BASS will be THUMPIN', Bodies Movin', the whole nine.

PAUL REVERE at Red Rocks!

Adam, Adam, and Mike,

We await your arrival.

The String Cheese Incident are playing NIGHT THREE OF FOUR at RED ROCKS right now.
Some cool ass hippie, right off of the Morrison Exit to Red Rocks, was throwing down some Beasties in his ride on the side of the road today.
This car next to us looked at him and said, "Hey Man.........don't you know String Cheese is playing at Red Rocks right now?"
The hippie looked back at him and said, "Of course I know that. HOWEVER, DO YOU KNOW THAT THE MOTHERFUCKING BEASTIE BOYS ARE GOING TO BE HERE ON THURSDAY!?!?!??!"
We couldn't help but give a supportive, "Fuck YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

LICENSED TO ILL. In its entirety. Pretty please, with some ganja on top.

History at Red Rocks, where it doesn't get any fucking better than this, ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you up there.

jennyb
08-12-2007, 03:05 AM
Being in the pool with everyone knowing and anticipating the arrival of the two words: "HEEEEEELLLLLOOOOOOOOO BROOOOOOKLYYYYYYNNN!!!!" it was like dams busted from our mouths as we screamed along followed by everyone going crazy-ape-shit-nut-balls during the bass that follows. yeah. hell yeah.

:o omg i'm sooooo jealous... y'all are a bunch of lucky kids

facedownfall
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
1. some assholes will gripe but obviously Adrock's dedication.

2. meeting some board peeps in line at Philly, hanging with them.

3. Beastie Boys in full muthafuckin' effect in Philly..what a tight show.

4. knowing Beastie Boys were goin' to blow Virgin Festival away, and that it was my first time my older sister had ever seen them...irony is that i stole her LTI tape from her 20 years ago before she got home school I could make my own copy :o

insertnamehere
08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
@ hammerstien, when they said POW!, that was basically when the "holy shit this is awesome" kicked in for me. the maestro was great, and i loved how they tried to do the phone message beforehand. i like how they did stuff like that, threw in things like little clips and samples from the albums. it was like they were having an inside joke with all the fans familiar enough with them to know what they were talking about. mark on the bus made me happy, for some reason, as did mark's presence in general. oh oh, and gratitude.

i hate to say it, but i felt like the sound was a little off on jimmy james and sure shot, like the music was too loud for the singing or something. is that just me?

superdupershan
08-14-2007, 10:14 PM
At Hammerstein, when the disco ball was lit up and reflecting everywhere, I was staring straight at Adrock (during an instrumental, I think) and I felt like I was swimming under the ocean. And I was completely sober!

TylerDurden
08-20-2007, 12:48 AM
I can finally chime in now on this.

At Red Rocks:

Opening with GRATITUDE at Red Rocks was Spectacular!

BRASS MONKEY

B FOR MY NAME (that shining disco ball turned Red Rocks into an orgy of spinning light)

NO SLEEP TIL BROOKLYN

=================================

NIGHT TWO at THE FILLMORE:

JIMMY JAMES, HEART ATTACK MAN, TIME FOR LIVIN'...............HELL, EVERYTHING!!!
Being front and center on the rail (5 feet from the fellas) convinced me I didn't need to look up the definition for the word INTIMATE.

Alli
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
At Reds Rocks:
Them waving to me and my BF while leaving for their hotel.

At the Gala:
I dug that they played Song for the Man and getting front rail center in front of Yauch.

IGWOS
09-04-2007, 02:36 PM
The Borgata, Atlantic City-the site of my first show with this iconic group...
The boys hit the stage with no warmup band at all,(they dont need one, neither does the crowd, we were ready) After ripping through a grabbag of hits at the end of the show the boys get together and do a group talk, they come back with Gratitude,-sweet, And then Sabotage.
The crowd and the place come unglued, people jumping mass mayhem ensued. The songs and the performances are timeless. Me a guy at a turning point in my life with no job watching all this, It gives me nothing but courage and drive and shows me that if these guys can get it done, I CAN TOO....rock on --Please come back to Poughkeepsie when you get a chance.

superdupershan
09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
My favourite non-musical moment was at Central Park when some dude was yelling, "Where's the hose?" because it was unbelievably hot and humid. Adrock thought he was saying, "Where's the hos?" as in girls and he pointed to his ring and said, "I'm married!"

Matty-O
10-04-2007, 05:08 PM
Mike D's outfit at the Boston show was the shit.

No Paul Revere in Boston........who knew?? The two drunk guys next to me were trying to lead a chant for it the whole show.

No Sleep Till Brooklyn was great. I didn't expect to hear it at all.

Great show.......Huge fan for 20+ years......first time seeing the boys live on stage.

easy 3
10-05-2007, 10:26 AM
3 London Shows in a row and it all went so fast! Plus Paris back in June.

I'll never forget the opening guitar part to Egg Raid on Mojo and the excitement of it building up and the feeling of the crowd as if we were all about to explode - the intensity of the expectation, and the chaos of such a large mosh pit. I was over the moon!

Too many great memories but yeah, Egg Raid was the shiznits for me for some reason? - I've been playing Some Old Bullshit a lot since. I love their live hardcore but the way they changed so quickly between styles, picking up their instruments then switching back to the Mics - the shows were so energetic they just flew by.

This has been a great year to be a Beastie fan - I for one couldn't have wished for better.

corkboards
10-06-2007, 10:02 AM
- the maestro two nights in a row.
- completely screwing up the lines to prof. booty first night in detroit and laughing thru the second half of the song.
- bustin' out some dance moves to heart attack man, with the REAL heart attack man/tough guy standing between me and the front barrier (flailing elbows and all!)
- dressing up for my beastie boys gala/prom (amazing!) and STILL dancing like i was at a hardcore show

- and...last but not least...not having any new "show/crowd bruises" with me at night two for the gala.

paul jones
10-06-2007, 10:22 AM
the whole roundhouse Gala event set was fucking amazing and obviously 'Egg Man' 2nd Brixton show

there needs to be a Gala EGG event one day.like a musical,about Eggs.everyone dressed as eggs.yoking around.frying,poaching,crackin

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
- Egg raid on mojo
-High plains drifter
- Mike dancing in front of me all night
- Meeting board members
- Getting a set list
- Meeting Fredo

sdumin
10-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Remote Control....

&

Money Mark one-man mosh pit during Heart-Atttack Man.(!)

MIKEtotheD
10-18-2007, 04:27 PM
-Being on the rail infront of MMM and Yauch at the ACC show.
-Meeting some awesome people from the boards (dirtydan11, Buck Buck)
-Rhymin' & Stealin'
-Riot Fight
-Remote Control
-No Sleep Til Brooklyn

Damn yo, I can't even list all the top moments.
Every minute was awesome.
Sounds cheesy as all hell, but it's true. (y)

AndILoveMike!
10-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Aside from the obvious fun fact that you loved the whole damn thing, what is that one champion song (or two) that has stuck out for YOU on this tour so far?

Sometimes, not always, I have a moment during a concert where I say,
"Yep. This is my moment right here. It's all going down for me RIGHT NOW!"

well, i think when mike d said "are u ready? we have a special moment for you now..." and then they shout: NO SLEEP TILL!!!
i was shouting like i was raped by twelve guy in the same moment.
shocking. and, well, live at p.j.s performance, for sure...
but also when they came out. i was feeling like: "after 3 years, after have seen they in video, photo and so, i see they FOR REAL FOR THE FIRST TIME".
what a strange sensation... an incredible moment.

a NO shocking moment was when mike ignored me.