PDA

View Full Version : How things have changed

TAFKASB
08-14-2007, 10:06 AM
How things have changed. I remember when we knew the concept of TT5B, how much positive hype there was from fans about it's up and coming release, then when it did come out, it got it's fair share of negative feedback from fans. Then when we finally knew that TMU was all instrumental, that also got fans complaining about the idea of no lyrics, then when that finally came out, there has hardly been any bad feedback about it...in fact, it's been well recieved by fans!! I reckon more so than TT5B. The shows have gone down a storm. I gotta say, how bands out there do 2 different types of shows? both different yet nobody has been on here bitching about it? Hats off to BB for having the balls to do what they do and not standing still (y)

Yetra Flam
08-14-2007, 10:07 AM
Yeah like anyone can read your posts with that avatar.

BeastieAlbum07
08-14-2007, 01:11 PM
How things have changed. I remember when we knew the concept of TT5B, how much positive hype there was from fans about it's up and coming release, then when it did come out, it got it's fair share of negative feedback from fans. Then when we finally knew that TMU was all instrumental, that also got fans complaining about the idea of no lyrics, then when that finally came out, there has hardly been any bad feedback about it...in fact, it's been well recieved by fans!! I reckon more so than TT5B. The shows have gone down a storm. I gotta say, how bands out there do 2 different types of shows? both different yet nobody has been on here bitching about it? Hats off to BB for having the balls to do what they do and not standing still (y)

I can't get enough of TT5B right now.

Documad
08-14-2007, 01:28 PM
I don't love the new CD and I don't like some of the songs they're doing live.
But I can't bitch about the band when they're playing small venues and they're clearly enjoying playing their instruments.

(I got in my friend's car after dinner the other night and she was playing TT5B. It was fun to listen to all in order. I can't believe that she bought it.)

insertnamehere
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
When TT5B first came out I didn't like it. Now it's grown on me. Actually come to think of it, the same happened with Hello Nasty. At first I was like "well this is silly" and it took some listenes before "silly" went to "awesome."

I still havn't heard the new album, I've heard a couple of the songs. I feel like I might get bored with an album of only instrumentals, half the fun is singin along and buggin out! But I'll have to give it a try someday I might end up loving it. I defiently don't have any problems with that they did with TMU or how they're doing their shows. I loved the feel of the gala event, and live instrumentals are more exciting than recorded instrumentals (and there was still plenty of stuff you can sing along with/bug out to). I'm just glad they're still makin music, and hopefully this experiment will get their creative juices flowin more. I love the adam,adam,mike,fredo,mark lineup and hope mark and fredo stick around for the next album. I'd also be down with the next album being more instrumental (with some awesome rhymes over top) and less with a dj. I feel like maybe that's the direction it's headed in.

I guess what I'm gettin at is, the boys havn't done me wrong before, and hopefully TMU leads to more awesomeness down that avenue. If you feel the need to bitch about TMU, shut the hell up, go to a gala event, and thank them for the lovley evening :mad:

Kid Presentable
08-14-2007, 06:13 PM

They've all grown on fans eventually. Like moss. Eating moss is a great substitute for drinking water. Anyway, from your assumptions, it's pretty clear you haven't really read the boards.

djdjdj
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah I was thinking about that the other day. It was super crazy busy on here then. Not its all super sloooooooooooow. Not that I always spend alot of time on here. I was waiting for the big rush of people that just got the new cd or heard about it or whatever like last time. I'm a little dissapointed now.

insertnamehere
08-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Also, it could be slower cause they didn't like, you know, advertise. At least as far as I know they havn't. I havn't heard any Bboy news on the radio or tv. But I don't really listen to the radio much or watch tv, so I could be wrong.

Kid Presentable
08-14-2007, 07:50 PM
This shit is particularly Aglio-e-olio-ish to me. And that's great. Just a release they wanted to fling out there. If they get back into the studio soon, then more power.

I would love a double album, but not Foo-Fighters-split into Instrumental disc V Rap Disc. Just a big slowcooker-style stew with lamb shanks. And a spoken word intro by Ricky Powell over some beat, cause you know how obsessed I am about them doing an album that's like a full-circle exam of every style they've touched on, and others they haven't. The kind of monstrously overblown shit that when you hear it, you go "Fuck playing all of Pauls or Check Your Head live, they should just play all of this".

/fanboy

Laver1969
08-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Co-signin' KP.

I'm happy that they're talking about getting back to the lab so quickly. It seems that playing their instruments and doing shows has gotten them excited about getting creative.

So what are we thinking...summer '09? Earlier? That would be nice slow-cooker.

Kid Presentable
08-14-2007, 09:01 PM
Co-signin' KP.

I'm happy that they're talking about getting back to the lab so quickly. It seems that playing their instruments and doing shows has gotten them excited about getting creative.

You don't want to cook it too slowly, for too long, or your spuds will go mushy.

Laver1969
08-14-2007, 09:07 PM
You don't want to cook it too slowly, for too long, or your spuds will go mushy.

True...they seem to favor summer releases, and I thought summer (june/july '08) would be a bit too soon.

dirtydan11
08-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Co-signin' KP.

i'll say spring '09.. then again i was way off for my mixup prediction of sept 11 :o

Brother McDuff
08-16-2007, 08:42 PM
I would love a double album, but not Foo-Fighters-split into Instrumental disc V Rap Disc. Just a big slowcooker-style stew with lamb shanks.

As cool as a double disc would be, I would dread the extended waiting period. I'm willing to wait however long it takes for another classic album, for a great album "takes time to build", if you know what I'm saying. The longer they take, the more rich and balanced record they can make, despite the torture of waiting through the process.

It would be interesting if they recorded a double-disc and then took all the best jams from both and whittled it down into a singular 70 min opus of rock solid jams.

Either way it's an exciting time. With the last two albums covering both extremes of their spectrum (an all hip-hop and an all instrumental release), we have no idea what approach their gonna take with the next joint. And if the planets align themselves correctly, we could easily be looking at another kaleidoscope of a record that blurs the lines between genres.

Kid Presentable
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
As cool as a double disc would be, I would dread the extended waiting period. I'm willing to wait however long it takes for another classic album, for a great album "takes time to build", if you know what I'm saying. The longer they take, the more rich and balanced record they can make, despite the torture of waiting through the process.

It would be interesting if they recorded a double-disc and then took all the best jams from both and whittled it down into a singular 70 min opus of rock solid jams.

Either way it's an exciting time. With the last two albums covering both extremes of their spectrum (an all hip-hop and an all instrumental release), we have no idea what approach their gonna take with the next joint. And if the planets align themselves correctly, we could easily be looking at another kaleidoscope of a record that blurs the lines between genres.

The one trend they have followed this decade is really short, limiting albums. Nothing that is a big splat of music, more of an energy bar.