PDA

View Full Version : Priority Entry in Denver

minton
08-16-2007, 03:40 PM
If you have followed the rules and donned appropriate attire for the Gala event, you will be given priority entry into the show on Friday night. Once inside, feel free to step up to the photo area to get yourself snapped for the "what to wear to a Gala Event" section of the Boys website!

Friis gal
08-16-2007, 03:49 PM
step it up kids!

RobMoney$
08-16-2007, 04:06 PM
You should let people submit pics of fly attire that was donned at previous Gala events for consideration as well.

DandyFop
08-16-2007, 06:06 PM
wow

I am soooo depressed that I didn't get my shit together to go :/

dammit

YoungRemy
08-16-2007, 06:19 PM
please tell me you are doing this for the Wiltern show next week...

Laver1969
08-16-2007, 08:47 PM
This is a great idea! Please continue for the remaining Gala Events! (y)

Documad
08-16-2007, 09:11 PM
I'm fine with people who want to strut for the camera, but the rest of it is suspect.

I don't know what "priority entry" is but the beasties should not discriminate against people on account of clothing!!!

Beasties should be required to stand at the end of the carpet and have their photos taken with the fans -- like when you take a cruise and you pose with your loved ones next to the life preserver. Or at least they should have a life size cut out of the Beasties for the fans to stand next to -- like at a Renaissance festival.

Alli
08-17-2007, 05:13 AM
Please explain this priority thing in more detail! SO excitied for tomorrow!

Laver1969
08-17-2007, 05:38 AM
Please explain this priority thing in more detail! SO excitied for tomorrow!

It sounds like if you dress up, you'll get in a little early, walk a red carpet, and get your picture taken for the site.

tscales
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Great news. I am so in.

...plus, its my birthday.

-Tim

violentsoba
08-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Well, now I'm interested. Is there someone from the Beasties staff making the call, or is it up to venue security?

tscales
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
Well, now I'm interested. Is there someone from the Beasties staff making the call, or is it up to venue security?

Excellent question!!! I'm guessing the Fillmore doesn't care less and the rule could get blown off by staff very quickly if its not "enforced" to some degree. I really like the idea of it though, I was unimpressed with the Hammerstein showing - I felt lonely in my suit. I'm even taking it up a notch for the Fillmore.. and then another notch for the Warfield.

-Tim

mm40oz
08-17-2007, 02:59 PM
PLEASE DO THIS IN CHI-TOWN.
ME MY BROTHER AND A FRIEND ARE DRIVING UP FROM INDY AND WILL BE DECKED OUT IT RENTED TUXES.
SE YA ALL IN CHI TOWN

violentsoba
08-21-2007, 01:14 PM
So I'm told this system was abandoned, one line only. Is that going to be the case for the rest of the gala events?

RobMoney$
08-21-2007, 03:25 PM
Ok, so what kind of automaton, completely lacking in any sense of humor at all pitched a fit over this and convinced tha band to back off this completely hilarous idea.
I mean God forbid someone gets into the venue to have a couple of laughs with this thing maybe 20 mins. before the rest of the crowd.

I wonder who it could have been...

Alli
08-21-2007, 10:31 PM
The case was they were saying that formal meant coat and tie. Ao any guy not wearing a coat and tie wouldn't get in the formal line. That's why people got mad.

kll
08-21-2007, 10:43 PM
formal always means coat and tie.

you don't not wear coat and tie if you are invited to a formal event or wedding.

there's just no class anymore.

to the people who are 'upset' - fuck off.

Alli
08-22-2007, 03:09 AM
Well the people who were upset were the people who dressed nice as it was said to dress in whatever you felt dressed up in AND bothered to show up before the event was starting. Personally I think the people that took the time to dress up how they could AND bother to show up early deserved to get in. It's not like these folks were in shorts and a T-Shirt. Plus no one was really ANGRY just kinda disappointed no one had mentioned that they were going to be THAT strict with the dress code. Why anyone would be upset at the end is beyond me as over 90% of the people who came dressed so why the anger?

I should mention at the time maybe one guy in line qualified as coat AND tie whereas many had one or the other. No one was belligerent or pissed off. No one even pitched a fit. There were maybe 20 in line at that time and most of us were just disappointed and trying to get friends to bring down coat or tie. I am sure they changed the rules because many in line didn't have both the required items and it was already almost 6:00 just one hour before doors.

So chill out. Is it really that important to you that every soul in the joint has a suit and ballgown on?? Just take some deep breaths worry about yourself and enjoy a Beasties show. No need for all the hate and anger. Especially when you don't have the facts. HS over exaggerated her posts on the blog about it I think. I can't recall anyone really angry.

RobMoney$
08-22-2007, 04:17 AM
I see some people in Jeans and a collared shirt in the pics posted.

Congrats to the people who got to take advantage of a cool idea before the "PC" cry-babies ruined it for everybody.