PDA

View Full Version : Entity hip-hop demos -- project from a friend of mine

Miho
09-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Hey guys. I'm working with a friend of mine on this hip-hop project. He has a few demos so far, and I'd like to hear your opinions on them.

Crimson Blood (http://www.ecomog.net/Crimson_Blood_(Nublet_Demo5).mp3)

Seeker of Power (http://www.ecomog.net/xenogears/Seeker%20of%20Power%20(Early%20Demo5).mp3)

Second one is still a work in progress.

Helvete
09-08-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey, I will check these out when I am on a computer of my own, right now on some random ass blocked Army one. Just posting so I'll remember to get them another time.

Miho
09-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey man, long time no see. Stop by on MSN sometime. And thanks, they're sort of concept type hip-hop songs.

Auton
09-08-2007, 09:03 PM
^should have read that before i listened, it caught me really, really off guard.

the rapping is good, i'm really impressed with the confidence in the vocals.. and the rhyme scheme was good. the beats were pretty decent too.

although i'll be honest, when the first track started the very first thought that popped into my head was "boy, this anime intro really needs to go," but listening to the rest of it, and listening to the second track, i realized that the anime stuff was kind of the whole point. i honestly couldnt imagine listening to the anime stuff with more than one person in the room, but i'm guessing this sort of thing is tailored to people who love anime in the first place, so i guess it doesn't matter what someone like me thinks. in what you were trying to do then, i suppose it sounds good, but you have to remember that it's going to sound kind of silly to people who arent so dedicated to anime. i don't mean to sound rude, or to offend- i do think the beats and vocals are promising- but you asked for peoples opinions, and when i ask people for their opinions on my stuff, i know i like them to be as honest as possible. but hey man, keep doing your thing (y)

i will also say that even for a concept album the intros are a teeeeeeny bit too long

Lyman Zerga
09-09-2007, 01:39 AM
hey didnt i hear that shit before?

Miho
09-09-2007, 08:03 PM
in what you were trying to do then, i suppose it sounds good, but you have to remember that it's going to sound kind of silly to people who arent so dedicated to anime.

i will also say that even for a concept album the intros are a teeeeeeny bit too long

I should have gave some more information about what this is about. It's an RPG for the PlayStation called Xenogears. This album is going to cover all the important scenes from the game in hip-hop format. There will also be skits, and they will be seperate from the actual verses. By skits, I mean the dialogue between characters. When this is complete, it will play out like a story, as in the game.

Entity and I are both big Xenogears fans, and we are involved in this for the love of the game. As a plus, if people like the songs that much, they may be curious as to what the game is like, and may play it someday. This also works vice-versa. Fans of the game who are not hip-hop fans, may find this the doorway to their interest in hip-hop.

Thanks for your comments. I appreciate your thoughts about these songs. I'd love to hear more honest opinions, if anyone else has anything to add.

Miho
09-09-2007, 08:04 PM
hey didnt i hear that shit before?

Hmm, I don't remember. I believe I showed you them before. What did you think? :P

Lyman Zerga
09-10-2007, 12:47 AM
what auton said, i even used the teeeeeny word

ET
09-10-2007, 10:35 PM
Wow, I don't think there's anything like this related to Xenogears out there. I have a feeling if you post up some finished material on some of the Xenogears/Square-Enix fan sites you ought to get quite a bit of exposure.

Btw I played the hell out of that game a few years back when my cousin was somehow stupid enough to loan it out to me. Soilent green is people!!!