PDA

View Full Version : $9.11 for Rudy Campaign?!?

kaiser soze
09-25-2007, 08:03 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070925/ap_on_el_pr/giuliani_house_party_1

WASHINGTON - A supporter of Rudy Giuliani's is throwing a party that aims to raise $9.11 per person for the Republican's presidential campaign.
ADVERTISEMENT

Abraham Sofaer is having a fundraiser at his Palo Alto, Calif., home on Wednesday, when Giuliani backers across the country are participating in the campaign's national house party night.

But Sofaer said he had nothing to do with the "$9.11 for Rudy" theme.

Wow, talk about politicizing 9/11....how much lower can these assholes sink?

If I was a family member of a 9/11 victim I would send him $9.11 in shit stained Monopoly money (n)

mikizee
09-25-2007, 08:16 AM
yeah thats pretty scraping-the-bottom-of-the-shit-barrell stuff.

not good at all.

dailebaileb1d
09-25-2007, 10:59 AM
does he seriously have nothing else to offer?
that's pathetic!

SugarInTheRaw
09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
Well, guys, he was in NYC during the attack.

Bob
09-25-2007, 11:26 AM
while this is pretty low, giuliani himself had nothing to do with this at all. it's the theme of a party being thrown by one of his supporters, and the organizer of the party is saying that it wasn't his idea, that a bunch of young people came up with it (that may or may not be true)

at any rate, you can't really pin this one on giuliani himself, however tempting that may be. it'd be like if someone from bumblefuck alabama started selling confederate flags to raise money for the bush campaign. you really really want to use it, but you kind of can't

saz
09-25-2007, 04:48 PM
http://therealrudy.org/

kaiser soze
09-25-2007, 04:51 PM
while this is pretty low, giuliani himself had nothing to do with this at all. it's the theme of a party being thrown by one of his supporters, and the organizer of the party is saying that it wasn't his idea, that a bunch of young people came up with it (that may or may not be true)

at any rate, you can't really pin this one on giuliani himself, however tempting that may be. it'd be like if someone from bumblefuck alabama started selling confederate flags to raise money for the bush campaign. you really really want to use it, but you kind of can't

If he had any conscience he wouldn't allow this to happen

saz
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
"His embrace of gun rights appears to have occurred more recently than the months after the 2001 attacks. He was quoted in 2002 and 2004 _ years later _ staunchly supporting gun control.

As mayor, Giuliani sued gun makers and distributors, backed a federal assault weapons ban and once described the NRA as extremist. As a candidate for the GOP nomination, he is struggling to square that record with his need to win over a Republican base made up of conservatives who fiercely defend and in some cases base their votes on the Second Amendment."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20070925/giuliani-ap-interview/

Bob
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM
anybody know if he ended up taking the money raised by the party? all i can find in the news are stories written before the party took place, i can't find an answer either way

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 11:30 PM
If I was a family member of a 9/11 victim I would send him $9.11 in shit stained Monopoly money (n)
They don't make Monopoly cents.