PDA

View Full Version : Bush is advising Hillary

memphisgreg
09-25-2007, 11:30 AM
http://www.examiner.com/a-953145~Bush_quietly_advising_Hillary_Clinton__top_ Democrats.html

further proof that there's no such thing as "parties".

Bob
09-25-2007, 12:08 PM
you can't really stop people from offering you advice, you can only decide whether or not to take it

abcdefz
09-25-2007, 12:14 PM
Sitting Presidents pretty often have ongoing communication with leading candidates. It's no conspiracy, and it's pretty naive to think it
would (or should) happen otherwise.

SugarInTheRaw
09-25-2007, 12:31 PM
Relax! Bill has been considered a surrogate son of Bush Sr. Both families vacation together. That's teamwork. (y)

saz
09-25-2007, 04:57 PM
"Hillary is morphing into a George W. Bush Democrat. While that will draw heat from an increasingly desperate Obama, she will pay the price in the general election, not because she’s totally wrong, but because Democrat-inclined voters will smell something fishy about their gal acting like the one they’ve so long fantasized of kicking to the curb. And if she wins, the BushClintonBushClinton consensus will be back.

The conservative Washington Establishment is swooning for Hillary for a reason. The reason is an accommodation with what they see as the next source of power (surprise!); and the desire to see George W. Bush's invasion and occupation of Iraq legitimated and extended by a Democratic president (genuine surprise). Hillary is Bush's ticket to posterity. On Iraq, she will be his legacy. They are not that dissimilar after all: both come from royal families, who have divvied up the White House for the past couple of decades. They may oppose one another; but they respect each other as equals in the neo-monarchy that is the current presidency. And so elite conservatives are falling over themselves to embrace a new Queen Hillary, with an empire reaching across Mesopotamia, a recently deposed court just waiting to return to the salons of DC, a consort happy to be co-president for another four years, and a back-channel to the other royal family. She'll even have more powers than Clinton I, because Cheney has given her back various royal prerogatives: arrests without charges, torture, wire-tapping, and spy-ware on your Expedia account. Only the coronation awaits."

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2007/09/queen-hillary-i.html

checkyourprez
09-25-2007, 05:15 PM
if clinton wins this next election, that is 24 years we will have either a bush or a clinton in office. idk bout you guys but i think the fish is going bad.

yeahwho
09-25-2007, 06:27 PM
First lady of Arkansas
First lady of the U.S.A.
United States Senator, New York
Candidate for President of the USA

I am amazed at the tenaciousness and fervor Hillary Rodham Clinton has pursued this goal. To what end? Bush W a millionaire punk kid who smeared and bullied those in his own party just spent the past 6 years totally fucking over the planet (public servant my ass) now this insider wants to manipulate our future for what end?

I'm sorry, Hillary makes my stomach turn. She is the very worst style of candidate who caters to republicans as a democrat then leads via status quo per the corporate mantra.....profit for the elite.

I can barely stomach Gore.....but he would get my vote over Hillary.

Kucinich (http://www.dennis4president.com/go/issues/) is the one candidate who has a vision I share.