PDA

View Full Version : I finally felt my age.

beastieangel01
09-28-2007, 10:04 AM
I went to a Girl Talk show last night, and for whatever reason it was held at an all ages venue.

I ran in to a friend there and I told him "I feel like I'm everyones Mom here" and he goes "There ARE Moms here" and I looked around. There were Mom's and Dad's in the back waiting for their kids, and some outside. And I think well over half the crowd was under 18.

I tried to leave to get a drink and the kid at the door said there is no re-entry. 20 minutes later I said "forget it" and leave to just go drink because it was an extremely uncomfortable feeling for me. On my way out the kid says "if you come back I'll let you back in."

So I got my drink on and then went back and danced away around the 16 year olds. I almost wanted to offer that kid at the front a bottle of booze as a thank you :p

:(

on a side note, I'm on day 12 of a 13 day work week. I hope hope hope that by some miracle I don't have to work tomorrow. I have a school project that's late, and another one due in a few days. blargh.

The Notorious LOL
09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
I like when I notate the date on the "you must be this age to buy cigarettes" signs and consider what I was doing that year :(.

AceFace
09-28-2007, 10:06 AM
tell me more about the Girl Talk show! i want a review! i missed him at the virgin festival and i was soooo upset about it!

beastieangel01
09-28-2007, 10:11 AM
I like when I notate the date on the "you must be this age to buy cigarettes" signs and consider what I was doing that year :(.

seriously :(

Ace: Girl Talk was great! It actually got so hot in there from everyone dancing that something overheated and he had to stop for a few minutes. It was a non-stop dance party. I don't really know what else to say about it, I'm a terrible reviewer.

The Notorious LOL
09-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Girl Talk shows depend on what kind of person you are at a show.

If you're a head bobber stand in the crowd type, expect a show of watching a full stage of people dancing but little else.

If you're a jump the stage type, its for you.

abcdefz
09-28-2007, 10:15 AM
This morning, the way the guy at Starbucks called me "Sir," I could tell he was really being respectful about my age. I kind of wanted to say,
"What the fuck? I'm not that much older than you!" It was weird.

I do wonder sometimes how old I look to people. I still feel like a kid.

I think I'm going through a mid-life crisis or something. I actually bought skin care stuff a couple months ago.

AceFace
09-28-2007, 10:16 AM
it makes me so sick sometimes to live so far away from a large city. i mean the trade off is ok sometimes b/c local music makes our scene thrive. we get to see friends play in fantastic bands that no one else will ever see. but sometimes i'd just like to live close enough to hit BIG shows like that whenever i feel like it.

iiii'mmmmmm jealous.

MC Moot
09-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I 2 also felt my age this week when after going for my yearly physical the Doc said,starting next year ,I should probably start next year having an annual prostate exam?......geez.....:eek:

checkyourprez
09-28-2007, 11:28 AM
dont lie, you got excited.

MC Moot
09-28-2007, 01:06 PM
well....actually....she is kinda hot......:D