(y)

kaiser soze
09-30-2007, 09:29 PM
hmmm....this will be welcomed

title of album is a bit wonky

Waus
09-30-2007, 09:40 PM
...and it's free?

Apparently (acc to digg) you pay how much you think it's worth when you get a digital download. Bold strategy - let's hope it works out for them.

Mr Films
09-30-2007, 11:10 PM
not buying it

(this news, not the album whenever it actually comes out)

Mr Films
09-30-2007, 11:11 PM
update:

saw an article "confirming" this fucking crazy news on billboard.com

wtf?

Documad
09-30-2007, 11:20 PM
I think that they don't have a record company since they fulfilled their contract with Hail to the Thief. And with people ripping them off on the internet, plus the tiny piece of CD sales they got when they had a record company, I suppose it makes sense for them to do it their way. It's a bold move.

I know that I'll buy anything they put up for sale on their website. I absolutely have to have the vinyl.

I can't believe that's a real album name. Part of me still thinks it's fake so I'm going to wait and try and order the vinyl in a few days. :p

Auton
10-01-2007, 01:06 AM
$81 american for a hard copy! phew! looks like i'm going to have to start saving...

guess i'll pay $10 for the download until then

DroppinScience
10-01-2007, 01:30 AM
Yeah, I'll have to pre-order this CD/vinyl hard-copy. Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Hope the album is good.

Caribou
10-01-2007, 06:21 AM
Omg, I just got the WASTE mail in my inbox and I was all 'WTF?!'
That discbox looks so awesome, but it's 40 pounds and I don't have that much money at the moment. Maybe I should dig into my savings account...
Also, it won't be shipped until december 3rd, which is a very long wait, but at least you get a download for it as well.
I've heard live versions of most songs already and am so curious to how it sounds on record. Maybe they're entirely different now.
Radiohead are a bunch of weird fuckers, so maybe, since the album is called 'in rainbows' they made them all sound like children's telly songs. :s
Anyway, I have to reaaaaaaally think about this one.

Baseline
10-01-2007, 07:13 AM
what a move (y)
RESPECT

thegoodmrbrodie!
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
this is wonderful. i love how gay the album looks. lovely. :)

afronaut
10-01-2007, 04:36 PM
So....is this going to be in stores at all?

Auton
10-01-2007, 04:42 PM
maybe eventually. it's essentially an online-only thing right now, which is kind of depressing, really.

JohnnyChavello
10-01-2007, 05:16 PM
maybe eventually. it's essentially an online-only thing right now, which is kind of depressing, really.

This article says early next year you'll be able to get it on CD from some, as yet unknown, label.

Radiohead Album Coming Out as Regular CD Too (http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/page/news/46028-radiohead-album-coming-out-as-regular-cd-too)

kaiser soze
10-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I'll have to pre-order this CD/vinyl hard-copy. Looks sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! Hope the album is good.

From the bootlegs of their live show performances of the new material I can admit this album sounds like a nice collection of songs circa Pablo Honey, The Bends, and Ok Computer. No sign of excessive electronica type of additions to the songs I heard (granted I wouldn't complain about that).

It sucks Good Mornin' My Lord, Lift, and Open Pick are not on the album. I hope the tracks I don't recognize will fill in nicely.

I really hope the 3 I listed will become b-sides and after a proper mix-down.. They hold up better than Down is the New Up and Reckoner, but I've heard many a Radiohead B-side blow the doors off an album song.

Stand Out tracks (in my opinion)

15 Step - A good uplifting song with fun drums and a guitar melody you won't forget for the rest of the day

Bangers and Mash - Just a ripping song, giving any car ride some growl

Arpeggi - With a mellow flow like Dollar and Cents, this song will catch your attention and then blend into the back of your head

Body Snatchers - Play after Bangers and Mash to continue the buzz, growl

House Of Cards - Clap your hands and bob your head type of track, may accompany dish washing nicely

Nude - Dreamy mellow bluesy moody

Videotape - Not a tear jerker like "How to Disappear Completely" or "Street Spirit" but it looks the potential power ballad of the album

The Notorious LOL
10-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I might just order the discbox since it has the second album and the first one I could just pay a dollar for and download on the tenth. Plus the discbox has a second cd/record of shit you wont get to download.

Baseline
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
So I guess,
this is the first real indie album, if ya know what I mean.

kaiser soze
10-01-2007, 09:37 PM
The advice section is a bit odd...some questionable spelling and the discbox won't be despatched (sp?) until dec 3rd?

hmmm

still can't wait to hear this (y)

Documad
10-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I ordered the discbox. They aren't charging anything extra to ship it to the US. :)

Mr Films
10-02-2007, 12:20 AM
It sucks Good Mornin' My Lord, Lift, and Open Pick are not on the album...

Open Pick is on the album. It got re-titled as "Jigsaw Falling Into Place".

roosta
10-02-2007, 02:37 AM
this is a genius idea...cause they have hardcore enough fans to pay stupid money for the limited edition box thingy it won't matter if some people choose to pay fuck all for the songs,and the whole announcement has gotten people talking...

kaiser soze
10-02-2007, 09:13 AM
Open Pick is on the album. It got re-titled as "Jigsaw Falling Into Place".

nice but I wonder about the name change :rolleyes:

b-grrrlie
10-03-2007, 04:52 PM
I will be getting the box as well in the end. Well I am a huge Radiohead fan and a freakin' vinyl collector..
And I've really liked everything I've heard of the new stuff..

DroppinScience
10-03-2007, 10:20 PM
I, too, have pre-ordered the "discbox" dealy. I youtubed a few of the new songs performed in concert, and they sound great!

Documad
10-03-2007, 11:11 PM
DS, and other people who ordered the box: Did you get a confirming email? I didn't get one, but I printed out my confirmation screen. I'm wondering whether the order number on the confirmation screen will be sufficient to download the album on the 10th.

DroppinScience
10-04-2007, 01:07 AM
DS, and other people who ordered the box: Did you get a confirming email? I didn't get one, but I printed out my confirmation screen. I'm wondering whether the order number on the confirmation screen will be sufficient to download the album on the 10th.

I got a confirmation e-mail quite immediately. They told me that in a few days, I would get another e-mail with an activation code to download the album on Oct. 10th.

Documad
10-04-2007, 01:20 AM
I got a confirmation e-mail quite immediately. They told me that in a few days, I would get another e-mail with an activation code to download the album on Oct. 10th.
:(

So I have a problem. I saw something on the website in the FAQs. I'll have to look at it again.

b-grrrlie
10-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Apparently their website crashed after the big demand... :rolleyes:

SobaViolence
10-04-2007, 12:37 PM
well, the world can end october 11th.
i'll die a happy man.
Radiohead pwns Music Industry

Funky Pepp
10-10-2007, 04:07 AM
I'm listening to the new album in this very minute - and I love it :D (y) (!)

I can't wait to get the hardcopy with all that bonus-stuff in december...

faz
10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
I opened the link in my email and it said something like "confirmation code already used" but I think that was more my download manager tried to download it and fucked me over. So I still don't have it. And now the site's down so I cant even go download a free copy. I guess I just have to wait.

kaiser soze
10-10-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm listening to the new album in this very minute - and I love it :D (y) (!)

I can't wait to get the hardcopy with all that bonus-stuff in december...

damn straight

This is a great release for the fall

DroppinScience
10-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Just listened to "In Rainbows" -- this has renewed my love for Radiohead in a big way! Excellent album from start to finish.

Can't wait to get the "discbox"!

Documad
10-10-2007, 10:50 PM
I just downloaded it, so I can't listen till tomorrow. It seemed to go smoothly.

I received two confirmation emails, so I assume that my order for the eventual discbox is a go. (y)

I'm still in shock. I can't believe this happened.

Waus
10-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm totally impressed with this online download for whatever amount you want. Finally someone is making a positive effort to combat music piracy. (y)(y)(y)

ET
10-11-2007, 11:30 PM
And guess what? They're still going to release another cd on one of the 4 major record label (http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3010)! So if you paid for the download, then get ready to buy it... again. (http://lineout.thestranger.com/files/2007/10/inrainbows.jpg)

midzi
10-12-2007, 01:49 AM
This is so exciting, I just download it.

Anyone heard something about the tour? Are there any plans?

DroppinScience
10-12-2007, 11:28 PM
And guess what? They're still going to release another cd on one of the 4 major record label (http://www.undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3010)! So if you paid for the download, then get ready to buy it... again. (http://lineout.thestranger.com/files/2007/10/inrainbows.jpg)

Yeah, early next year it's going to be in stores as a traditional CD, but it'll only be half of what the "discbox" will be (which is a double album).

Documad
10-13-2007, 12:04 AM
This is so exciting, I just download it.

Anyone heard something about the tour? Are there any plans?

I'm worried they won't do a full tour because of the stupid environment. I'm also worried that this move re a free album will make even more people want to see them, and it's hard enough to see them as it is. :( :o

But I've been saving both vacation time and money just in case. :p

I like this album. It always takes me a few months to decide it I love an album, but I suspect that this one will grow on me. The most obviously likeable music doesn't last me long, but this has some songs that I think will take hold.

venusvenus123
10-13-2007, 03:27 AM
so what are you all paying for it?

i find that blank box rather confusing. i'm going to have to think about it before i decide what to put in it.

hmmmm.

/edit
i'm not enough of a hardcore fan to want the discbox, although i find it a bit annoying that i can only hear the other songs if i shell out £40... even though i'm not interested in vinyl. i don't like digital downloads, so i'll pay a quid and get the album next year.

why are radiohead being seen as such gods for doing this? prince gave his latest album away with a sunday paper over here (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=468443&in_page_id=1773) back in july this year.

kaiser soze
10-14-2007, 09:55 AM
don't know, I thought they were gods before this release

here are some funny and quality interpretations of the cover art

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/cover-art-for-in-rainbows

paul jones
10-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I just downloaded it for a pound.hope that's enough to buy Thom a packet of quavers(y)

venusvenus123
10-14-2007, 04:22 PM
don't know, I thought they were gods before this release

here are some funny and quality interpretations of the cover art

http://www.hicksdesign.co.uk/journal/cover-art-for-in-rainbows

yeah, their approach is pretty original too. the daily mail is a pretty embarrassing paper to be associated with.

a lot of those designs are amazing.

hopefully thom will buy some heel lifts with my quid. he's very small :(

DeeJayZap
10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
to be honest, i've never listened to radiohead before. i downloaded Thom's "The Eraser" because of "Us Placers" by CRS and i liked it so i just bought this with all i had left on my 3v card (£1.74) and i'm really liking it so far.

YoungRemy
10-28-2007, 11:02 AM
house of cards is my favorite by a landslide...

mikizee
11-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Its funny, I heard on the radio that lots of people, esp. Australians aren't paying a thing for the album, and I remember thinking 'pshhht. Tightarses.' But when I downloaded the album tonight I looked at the box where you type in how much you are gonna pay and thought 'Hmmm... I AM kinda broke..'

So I didn't pay anything. However, it took exactly 51 seconds of listening to it that I knew that I'm going to buy the discbox. Its really really good.

kaiser soze
11-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Helmet cam video for Jigsaw Falling into Place

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKrsBVFsfIQ

(y)

venusvenus123
11-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Its funny, I heard on the radio that lots of people, esp. Australians aren't paying a thing for the album, and I remember thinking 'pshhht. Tightarses.' But when I downloaded the album tonight I looked at the box where you type in how much you are gonna pay and thought 'Hmmm... I AM kinda broke..'

So I didn't pay anything. However, it took exactly 51 seconds of listening to it that I knew that I'm going to buy the discbox. Its really really good.

most people didn't pay anything (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7082627.stm) for it.

i meant to post this a while ago, but i forgot.... and i still haven't got round to downloading it.
don't know if i will... i'm of the vinyl/cd generation; i've never even bought an i-tune.

DroppinScience
11-13-2007, 07:29 PM
most people didn't pay anything (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7082627.stm) for it.

i meant to post this a while ago, but i forgot.... and i still haven't got round to downloading it.
don't know if i will... i'm of the vinyl/cd generation; i've never even bought an i-tune.

Yeah, but that study didn't take into account those who pre-ordered the "discbox" set. It was just the straight-up downloaders.

mikizee
11-15-2007, 11:59 PM

I am completely the same. I don't own an mp3 player. I dont even like playing my cds in my car that much, because as an audio environment the interior of a car is very bad for listening to music.

I'm quite the audiophile so my home stereo system is fairly large using all very fuckin expensive never heard of brands, and is vinyl focused.

But man, I LOVE this new album. Its really really good. It is frustrating tho only being able to listen to it on my crappy computer speakers with its crappy soundcard when I've got these 2 massive beautiful 110 pound speakers sitting out in my lounge room just waiting to be used.

December can't come soon enough.

Documad
11-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, but that study didn't take into account those who pre-ordered the "discbox" set. It was just the straight-up downloaders.
I upset the statistics. I paid $80 for the discbox and never got the email I was supposed to get confirming that they had my order so I got nervous and also paid $0 for the download. Then later on I got two emails. So I'm one of the zeros even though I only downloaded once and paid $80. :rolleyes:

I think it sounds good with my spendy headphones. I know that a CD will sound better on a good stereo system and perhaps my ears aren't good enough, but with the headphones it's nice.

Caribou
11-18-2007, 02:43 PM
Helmet cam video for Jigsaw Falling into Place

http://youtube.com/watch?v=UKrsBVFsfIQ

(y)

This is my new favourite song. <3

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but EMI are trying to cash in by releasing a boxset of all previous albums and a special bear-shaped 4gB USB stick which also contains all albums in .wav form. They'll cost 40 and 80 pounds respectively.

peecture (http://www.ateaseweb.com/imgnews/emiboxset.jpg)

kaiser soze
11-18-2007, 03:10 PM
whoa, what a cool and pricey flash drive, thank god it comes with the albums

b-grrrlie
11-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but EMI are trying to cash in by releasing a boxset of all previous albums and a special bear-shaped 4gB USB stick which also contains all albums in .wav form. They'll cost 40 and 80 pounds respectively.

peecture (http://www.ateaseweb.com/imgnews/emiboxset.jpg)

I was so tempted to buy that one, but it is waaaay to pricey. And I can't afford the box at the moment either.

Caribou
11-18-2007, 03:51 PM
I already own all the albums, including the limited editions for the last 3, so I think it's pretty useless to buy the box. The USB thing looks pretty cool, but no way am I paying 120 euros for a thing that looks like a bear and music I already own.
And though I can understand EMI, I'd feel bad to buy a boxset like this when Radiohead themselves have decided to not work with a record company. It would be like 'betraying' them or whatever.

And I'm also still scraping money together to buy the IR boxset.

Documad
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I already own all the albums, including the limited editions for the last 3, so I think it's pretty useless to buy the box. The USB thing looks pretty cool, but no way am I paying 120 euros for a thing that looks like a bear and music I already own.
And though I can understand EMI, I'd feel bad to buy a boxset like this when Radiohead themselves have decided to not work with a record company. It would be like 'betraying' them or whatever.

I agree with all of that. I'm a sucker but not that big of a sucker.

I'd also like to add that I hate 15 Steps. I love the rest of the album but it's such a weak opener. This band has had some great openers in the past. Now, when I listen, I start with the second song and just skip 15 Steps.

kaiser soze
11-26-2007, 02:00 AM
agreed, weakest opener for all of their albums

Mr Films
11-26-2007, 10:20 AM
agreed, weakest opener for all of their albums

eh, the opening song on Amnesiac is weaker.

kaiser soze
11-26-2007, 01:45 PM
you're the weakest

I love Packt

Caribou
11-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Dudes, they're touring in the summer. Yay!

CLICKY! (http://www.radiohead.com/tourdates/)

It'll be the 4th time I see them. woooooh!

b-grrrlie
12-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Roskilde festival! Yay!
Guess I'll be going there next year! Haven't been there for ages. I saw Radiohead there when OK computer came out. The security wanted to pull me away from the front cause all the people were towering over me and they were conserned about my safety. I wouldn't leave! A few years later 9 people died during Pearl Jam gig because of the pressure at the front...

DroppinScience
12-02-2007, 10:17 PM
Got an e-mail tonight saying my discbox has finally shipped. Dancing in the streets ensues!

Documad
12-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Got an e-mail tonight saying my discbox has finally shipped. Dancing in the streets ensues!

AAAAH. I haven't heard a peep from them about my box. :( I sent an email a while ago trying to confirm, because so far, I only got the email with the link to the downloadable album. The email didn't mention the box.

I checked and they did bill my credit card for it in early October, so hopefully mine is going to be shipped soon too. :o

QueenAdrock
12-03-2007, 01:09 AM
AAAAH. I haven't heard a peep from them about my box.

*snicker* :cool:

Documad
12-03-2007, 09:09 PM
*snicker* :cool:

:o

I emailed them. They can't tell me anything except that a bunch of them were mailed out and they are coming via boat instead of plane, so it might take WEEKS till they come to Canada and the US.

On a positive note, I found the original confirmation number I printed off the screen and I compared it to the shipping email so my box must have shipped out already. 5-18 days for shipping, but I guess I can't complain because they didn't charge a penny more to ship overseas. :)

mikizee
12-03-2007, 09:26 PM
I got my email.

And shipping by boat?? What is this, the middle ages???

Australia is on the ass end of the world, its going to take years to get here.

alikat
12-05-2007, 08:23 PM
Heads up, from their newsletter. Last chance to download In Rainbows / plus tour purchase info. Especially interesting is how they announce NO FURTHER STOCK OF THE DISCBOX once they're gone so . . . I guess it's now or face ebay.

Dearest friends,

LAST ORDER DATES FOR CHRISTMAS
We thought you'd like to know the last order dates for Christmas if you were planning
on purchasing any one of our festive treats for a friend, loved one or just yourself,
because after all, you have been especially good this year.
The last order dates are as follows:

UK – 19th December

Europe – 12th December

USA & Rest of the World – 7th December.

TICKETS AND THINGS
Tickets are on sale now for EU and UK shows from here... http://tickets.waste.uk.com/
We will be putting all tour information here... http://www.radiohead.com/tourdates/

FAREWELL TO IN RAINBOWS DOWNLOAD AREA
We also thought you'd like to know that the download area that is 'In Rainbows' will be
shutting its doors on the 10th December so if you've not yet downloaded,
here is the place to go www.inrainbows.com

The discbox will still be available at w.a.s.t.e. until they have all gone. We then have no plans to make further stock.

So, that's all from us @ w.a.s.t.e.

Suffice to say we wish you a nicer than nice Christmas and all the best fortune for 2008.

Caribou
12-06-2007, 09:43 AM
Thank god I've ordered mine just in time for X-mas.
I hope they'll be shipping it soon.

Also, does anyone know how many tickets they sell via waste? Because tickets won't go on sale her untill saturday, but they went on sale online yesterday. I'm afraid some douchebags will order up all the tickets online and leave hardly any for the real fans. It happened last time they played here, and then it was also 2 dates. Sold out in about 15 minutes...
I think I'll be queuing in front of the post office this saturday, just to be on the safe side.

Documad
12-13-2007, 07:56 PM
The discbox is absolutely perfect. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something that came in the mail. (y)

DroppinScience
12-13-2007, 08:38 PM
The discbox is absolutely perfect. I can't remember the last time I was this excited about something that came in the mail. (y)

Haven't got mine yet. :mad:

Documad
12-13-2007, 08:57 PM
Haven't got mine yet. :mad:

I'll bet it will only take another day or so. It looks better in real life than in photos. I'm in love with it! I can't wait to hear what you think!

Caribou
12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Mine was shipped 2 days ago, and the UK is only a 40 minute flight away so I hope I'll be getting it soon. Althoughit could last a while with all the christmas bollocks going on. (n)

Oh btw, I would like to rub it in everyones face that I've got tickets to see them in Amsterdam, in a park, in the summer, and that it will be the 4th time I see them and it's going to be fucking awesome.

DroppinScience
12-16-2007, 03:54 PM
My discbox just arrived today... and on a Sunday, of all days!

This thing is totally awesome! The artwork really reminds me of a Pink Floyd album circa 1960's (like "Saucerful of Secrets" specifically). VERY impressed!

mikizee
12-21-2007, 07:12 AM
My discbox still hasn't arrived yet and I want to cry

Caribou
12-23-2007, 04:54 PM
Yay, mine has arrived!
Actually it arrived on tuesday, but my parents forgot to tell me. :mad:
Anyhoo, It's awesome. It looks far better then I imagined.
I only thought that the 2 vinyl albums would be disc 1 and 2, but it's just the main disc spread over 2 LP's. Oh well, I don't mind. It looks gorgeously gorgeous anyway.

mikizee
12-27-2007, 06:09 PM
I finally received my discbox this morning!!!

IT FUCKING RULES

the quality of the vinyl as well is fantastic. Best pressed and sounding new vinyl I have heard in a long time.

Funky Pepp
01-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Did anyone see this on little radio yet:
Scotch Mist (http://littleradio.com/feeds/videos/view/3008)

Songs of the new CD performed live in the studio! (y)

Rock
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003694411

looks like they are hitting up the states soon.

don't know if that was already posted, im too lazy to go through this thread.

kaiser soze
01-10-2008, 06:36 PM
Did anyone see this on little radio yet:
Scotch Mist (http://littleradio.com/feeds/videos/view/3008)

Songs of the new CD performed live in the studio! (y)

got it in mpeg and mp3 =)