PDA

View Full Version : celibacy?

DandyFop
10-01-2007, 10:11 AM
So, yeah. I am thinking of becoming celibate for a while. Well, not thinking, I am. There is of course the disclaimer of "if this certain extremely hot celebrity I love showed up on my doorstep in nothing but a loincloth" then yeah I'd bone them, but barring that, I am going to lay (lolz) off sex for a while.

I'm generally not too caught up in sex being a huge deal but that's been a bad thing lately as it happens too early and then I find out the guy and I are just not compatible after all, but if the sex was good then I end up staying around longer than I should and it's not fair to either of us. And I can't do the fuck buddy thing either because the guy is like annoying as hell. With my last bf we were just kinda lucky that a hook-up turned into a relationship and I now realize that it doesn't usually work out that way.

I don't know if I should give myself a time period or just wait until I feel like it's okay again. Also part of it is my self conciousness that I've been totally neglectful of being healthy/excercising lately and any progress I've made in that area has stopped so I'd like to get to a point where I feel comfortable with myself.

Has anyone tried this? What do you think? It's not like it's going to solve all my problems but at least I won't be shaking my head being like "yeah why the hell did I do that guy". I'm not really too regretful but I would like to try and avoid it.

This will of course involve not drinking/smoking much because that's just fuel to the FIYERRRRR

Bob
10-01-2007, 10:17 AM
oh what a stunning amount of willpower this must require however will you do it

DandyFop
10-01-2007, 10:20 AM
I know you're saving yourself for me Bob

Bob
10-01-2007, 10:36 AM
you don't know how hard it's been. all those women throwing themselves at me. i have to fend them off with a stick. it's landed me in court more than once but i put up with it all for you

and now you're going celibate! come on!

Waus
10-01-2007, 10:41 AM
It's always been embarrassing for me to go down the list of girls I had little flings with. If I could cut a few names off that list I'd definitely feel better about myself, or at least better about reciting that list to new girlfriends.

I dunno. Whether you regret it or not it's still one more person to add to the list - which I guess is a good thing if you're the type to add notches to a bedpost, but not so good for other types.

DandyFop
10-01-2007, 10:48 AM
. If I could cut a few names off that list I'd definitely feel better about myself, or at least better about reciting that list to new girlfriends.

Do you really do this? I know some people have the whole "number" thing but I've never really dealt with telling someone, I think it's kinda weird to hash out who you've been sexual or whatever with.

Anyway, no, I don't think women are even allowed to have notches on the bedpost eh?

Waus
10-01-2007, 10:55 AM
Do you really do this? I know some people have the whole "number" thing but I've never really dealt with telling someone, I think it's kinda weird to hash out who you've been sexual or whatever with.

Anyway, no, I don't think women are even allowed to have notches on the bedpost eh?

I don't really "do this" so much as I just tell my past experiences when asked. It really bothers some people. Personally, I don't care too much.

beastieangel01
10-01-2007, 10:59 AM
I say if that's what you want to do, then go for it.

As far as sharing past history with a new significant other; I never really cared to know. I figure if this person is with me now and only me, and as long as we are together, it stays that way... whatever.

DandyFop
10-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Well if we're talking about what I really want to do, it's have great sex with a guy who's really awesome. But seeing as what's on the table is more having pretty good sex with socially retarded weirdos, I figure should start opting out.

b-grrrlie
10-01-2007, 11:14 AM
Oh so many times I have had longer periods of celibacy, I think the longest ones have been over four years.
Usually they were triggered by bad sex/falling out of love/not finding anyone better.
I very rarely missed sex, so now that I'm getting aplenty and the best ever I think I appreciate it more.

Bob
10-01-2007, 11:15 AM
But seeing as what's on the table is more having pretty good sex with socially retarded weirdos, I figure should start opting out.

:( :( :(

DandyFop
10-01-2007, 11:21 AM
<3

believe me bob, any social awkwardness that you think you might possess, can't hold a candle to some of these dudes

Bob
10-01-2007, 12:16 PM
<3

believe me bob, any social awkwardness that you think you might possess, can't hold a candle to some of these dudes

i dunno, i can hold a candle pretty high

i once said something stupid whilst making out with a girl. probably all i had to do was kiss her back and i almost certainly would have gotten laid that night and had a girlfriend for at least a week afterwards but oh ho ho, i couldn't let that happen

Waus
10-01-2007, 12:17 PM
i once said something stupid whilst making out with a girl. probably all i had to do was kiss her back and i almost certainly would have gotten laid that night and had a girlfriend for at least a week afterwards but oh ho ho, i couldn't let that happen

Dude, what did you say?

Yeti
10-01-2007, 12:22 PM
Celibacy is the worst form of self-abuse except for maybe going to the Department of Motor Vehicles office.

Bob
10-01-2007, 12:26 PM
i said "i'm really confused right now"

in my defense though it was a really confusing situation, especially for someone as bad with women as me. i can go into full details if you want but the short story is, i went to a party with two girls, i had a sort of history with one of them (not the one that i nearly made out with), and i was under the impression that i'd be hooking up with her that night, but then with no warning the other one starts snogging me. for all i know it was a set-up to get me with her, which i would have been totally fine with but at that point i thought i was messing around behind the other girl's back so i held back

i ended up getting absolutely nothing that night

HEIRESS
10-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Im in a relationship where Ill only get sex every 4-6 months for the next 3 years.

Lyman Zerga
10-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Im in a relationship where Ill only get sex every 4-6 months for the next 3 years.

awesome, i wish i had such a lively sex life

jabumbo
10-01-2007, 01:54 PM
i guess that means that you'll be planning out that trip to visit me now, right?

thegoodmrbrodie!
10-01-2007, 01:55 PM
celibacy is not a choice.

MC Moot
10-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Celibacy never worked for me,monogamy however, has been very,very good to me.....

insertnamehere
10-01-2007, 06:28 PM
is it "celibacy" if you decide that you're not going to put any effort into finding a potential relationship. im celibate i guess. i do really miss sex a lot, but obtaining sex is really more trouble than it's worth.

Baseline
10-01-2007, 07:24 PM
DandyFop,
you alone said everything in your first post, now you just have to do that.
Sex is not just a game & pleasure, it's very serious science or magic if you prefer.
Mixing energy with the wrong guy, which leaves you (right after or later) with a bad feelings
is not healthy - on all levels!
You certainly had some good experiences in the past and now, when you look at them
it's a pleasant memory. That's it, that's the difference.
Obviously you'll need to find and determinate yourself again, but that's good.
We all have our Phoenix cycle ...

Go for it, just don't end up in some monastery, we need you on the rail. :D

cmute_rhyme
10-01-2007, 07:28 PM
I practice Celibacy by choice.... well my wifes choice. If I cheat she will cut a nut off. She also practices celibacy to keep her mind off sex she usually works 3-5 nights a week for some extra cash. The UPS man told her about a job opening. In fact he's at the door right now picking her up. He's a good fellow.

Bob
10-01-2007, 08:10 PM
DandyFop,
you alone said everything in your first post, now you just have to do that.
Sex is not just a game & pleasure, it's very serious science or magic if you prefer.
Mixing energy with the wrong guy, which leaves you (right after or later) with a bad feelings
is not healthy - on all levels!
You certainly had some good experiences in the past and now, when you look at them
it's a pleasant memory. That's it, that's the difference.
Obviously you'll need to find and determinate yourself again, but that's good.
We all have our Phoenix cycle ...

Go for it, just don't end up in some monastery, we need you on the rail. :D

hahaha what the hell is this