PDA

View Full Version : Ouija Boards and Possession

Waus
10-01-2007, 03:43 PM
Anything to it - or all in people's heads.

High dopamine levels and the power of suggestion?

cookiepuss
10-01-2007, 03:52 PM
I don't know...

but I find the psychology of hauntings pretty interesting.

paul jones
10-01-2007, 03:57 PM
I haven't got a fucking clue(y)

Bob
10-01-2007, 05:13 PM
Anything to it - or all in people's heads.

High dopamine levels and the power of suggestion?

the first time i tried to open this thread, the page wouldn't load. try and explain that away with your "dopamine" bullshit, huh? it's clearly the internet channeling the dead

actually, if there is such a thing as spirits and souls and all that, i wouldn't be surprised if a few of them got stuck in the internet on their way to the afterlife

Waus
10-01-2007, 05:44 PM
actually, if there is such a thing as spirits and souls and all that, i wouldn't be surprised if a few of them got stuck in the internet on their way to the afterlife

Or at least got sidetracked reading message boards.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-01-2007, 05:53 PM
I dont know - I've messed around with a few of them. I got one for Christmas a couple years ago and I remember a lot of my family coming over every night for about a week (Xmas tradition) and we'd play it every night. Got some freaky ass shit too. "Relatives".... I messed around with it with a friend, got people who claimed to be Ulysses S. Grant and Jim Morrison and Bloody Mary...

Buncha bullshit I think. Im skeptical but still kind of think there's something to it. I dont know about possesion though. I dont think a spirit can come inside of you, but I do believe you can become obsessed with the board.

You know - kids get carried away with that whole "who will I marry?","When will I die?"," I want to talk to beloved dear Johnny."...etc, bullshit.

mikizee
10-01-2007, 08:50 PM
I could write a lot on this subject. I've had some pretty crazy experiences that just can't be explained in conventional terms.

But I can't be bothered getting into it.

Waus
10-01-2007, 10:31 PM
I could write a lot on this subject. I've had some pretty crazy experiences that just can't be explained in conventional terms.

But I can't be bothered getting into it.

Aw come on.

This kind of came up when my gf was uptight that I bought "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" at the corner record store for $4. I liked the movie, and I was more intrigued because it was a true story - she was just scared.

I'm a pretty skeptical guy - so I didn't give any creedence to the idea that maybe that sort of invited demons, or opened you up to anything. Other people seem to be a lot more willing to accept that kind of stuff.

pshabi
10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
I got one for XMAS in 5th grade. My mom and her sister got to messing with it and made it do some really weird things.

I was growing up a basketball fan in the state of Indiana. I was a huge, over the top, Indiana University and Bobby Knight fan. I lived for Indiana Basketball.

Two things I remember distinctly:

1) My mom asked where I would go to college and it spelled out, "Purdue." I got really mad. That's Indiana's big in-state rival and I HATED Purdue with a passion.

2) My mom asked it who I would marry and it replied, "Babs."

Fast forward 8 years after that and guess where I ended up going to school?

Fast forward 4 years after that and I marry a girl with the maiden name of "Babcock."

Freaked me the fuck out.

mathcart
10-02-2007, 08:07 AM
the TRUTH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCNfwax8rrk) about ouija boards!
:D