PDA

View Full Version : halloween costume ideas

Bob
10-04-2007, 05:22 PM
so far i've got two

1) tyler durden

basically the idea is to dress up one half of my body as brad pitt and the other half as edward norton. i'm going to wear a button down shirt, half tucked in. one side will have a sleeve rolled up or at least unbuttoned at the cuff. maybe a loosened-up tie, too. one half of my face will be shaved, the other half will have a day or two's worth of stubble. half my hair gelled neat, the other half spiky. one foot will have a dress shoe, the other a ratty sneaker. and i'll be wearing either: two name tags, one that says "tyler" and one that says "jack", or i'll just wear one name tag with a bunch of crossed-out names on it like "jack" "cornelius" "rupert", with the last one being "tyler", not crossed out.

2) leonard shelby (guy from memento)

i kind of have clothes that look like the suit he wore in the movie, so i'll wear that, and i'll basically go around taking notes and polaroid pictures and repeatedly introducing myself to people and explaining my condition to them over and over. i'll also write things on the visible parts of my body (either the tattoos from the movie, or funny things that i'll make up as i go along). the problem with this one is that it'll take some acting to pull off, and if people haven't seen the movie they're not going to like me much

what are you planning?

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 05:25 PM
I was going to dress up in ratty clothes and be a real-life bum. Sit on Hollywood Blvd. and see how much change I could collect. It's better than candy!

Dorothy Wood
10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
after looking at tons of ideas on websites today, I decided to be a knife thrower's assistant, impaled with knives. I wanted to do bloody this year, so that is perfect. My costume will be a hundred times better than the stupid ones I saw online though. if I can pull it off, I'll do an old tymey vaudeville style costume, otherwise I suppose I can just dress in sequins or something.

cosmo105
10-04-2007, 10:08 PM
i'm completely stumped this year. i almost caved in and bought one but i don't want to be anything with the word "sexy" or "naughty" before it. i'd rather not be hiking down my skirt all night to cover my no no parts. i'm considering just giving in and being Dora already :(

faz
10-04-2007, 10:10 PM
http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/18534.jpg

ericlee
10-05-2007, 04:15 AM
I've already made my idea clear, made a thread about it...Lt. Col. Kilgore, 1st of the 9th, air cav. Those boys just can't stand still....

Excellent idea for you though bob. Not saying that you're gay and I know you're not.... Make a dummy costume of one guy kneeling down on you. Call him Neil and of course, call yourself Bob. It'd be a great conversation piece. I actually think it's a great costume idea come to think of it.

roosta
10-05-2007, 07:07 AM
mario and luigi

abcdefz
10-05-2007, 08:37 AM
2) leonard shelby (guy from memento)

i kind of have clothes that look like the suit he wore in the movie, so i'll wear that, and i'll basically go around taking notes and polaroid pictures and repeatedly introducing myself to people and explaining my condition to them over and over. i'll also write things on the visible parts of my body (either the tattoos from the movie, or funny things that i'll make up as i go along). the problem with this one is that it'll take some acting to pull off, and if people haven't seen the movie they're not going to like me much

what are you planning?

Go with this one. I'll rent you two rooms. (y)

Just remember to check your photos before you introduce yourself to someone. That way you'll know if you've already met.

DIGI
10-05-2007, 09:07 AM
Dog the Bounty Hunter. I've had this planned for quite some time. I even have a friend that has huge jugs on board to be Beth. I told her just to follow me around and say things like "It's the year of the Dog," "Hey, put that down. That's the beer of the Dog," and "Git 'em, Dog!"

Bob
10-05-2007, 12:36 PM
Go with this one. I'll rent you two rooms. (y)

Just remember to check your photos before you introduce yourself to someone. That way you'll know if you've already met.

yeah that'll be one of the key points of the costume

i'm worried it'll just get annoying after a while though. maybe it'll loop back around into being funny again though

roosta
10-05-2007, 12:40 PM
Tyler was wearing Gucci loafers i think, i read that somewhere and for some reason I remembered it.

Bob
10-05-2007, 12:41 PM
tyler's going to wear whatever i want him to wear

abcdefz
10-05-2007, 01:27 PM
yeah that'll be one of the key points of the costume

i'm worried it'll just get annoying after a while though. maybe it'll loop back around into being funny again though

If they get annoyed, you just say, "I'm sorry. Have I told you about my condition?"