PDA

View Full Version : I want to play kick the can

DandyFop
10-04-2007, 11:15 PM
it's so awesome outside right now.I want to play night games. Did you ever play those in high school. And then like sneak off and make out with some cute boy in the bushes. Aw, nostalgia. Instead i will sit inside on a computer. That is smart.

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 11:18 PM
I like Spotlight better. Everyone else I've ever met calls it Flashlight Tag, but my neighborhood called it Spotlight.

Anyway, that's way better than Kick the Can.

DandyFop
10-04-2007, 11:19 PM
I've never heard of it! explain!

TurdBerglar
i wanna play grope your cans

Yetra Flam
yeah! i love spotlight! that's a lot of fun!

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 11:23 PM
I've never heard of it! explain!
Spotlight is basically Hide and Go Seek only at night time with a flashlight. You can run once you've been discovered and if you can hide again without getting caught, you've temporarily escaped.

The person who is "it" carries the flashlight and upon finding a person (whether they are right up close or can see them from a distance, it doesn't matter) shines the flashlight on them and must count out loud, "1-2-3 I see Barb!".

I think that's basically the idea. From what I can 'member. I might have a few more things I'd remember if I actually started playing though.

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 11:24 PM
yeah! and you play it out in the wilderness all blair witch style!

DandyFop
10-04-2007, 11:26 PM
oh mannn you guys can we play :( seriously I want to

ScarySquirrel
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
yeah! and you play it out in the wilderness all blair witch style!
True. Or just around your neighborhood if you happen to live somewhere "friendly" enough.

I almost forgot. When the person who is "it" shines and does the counting and name calling, they must get the person's name right, or that person can continue to be free.

Yetra Flam
10-04-2007, 11:27 PM
urban spotlight would be just as awesome though. hide in a dumpster!

TurdBerglar
10-04-2007, 11:33 PM
we played this game called ring-a-leevia. or that's what the name sounded like.

it's basically hide and go seek with teams and a jail and you need a lot of kids to play. we would play with like 20 kids. ten on each time. there would be a "hiding team"(sometimes you'd hide. sometimes you'd just walk around the neighborhood talking with a few kids on your team). and a seeking team. if someone got caught they had to be physically brought back to the jail(usually a tree or someone's porch). but you could ambush the people bringing back the people that got caught caught and free them. once at the jail someone had to stand gaurd. if no one gaurded you could just freely walk away. once at the jail you could be freed by a teamate if (s)he could get past the guard(s) and either tag an idiviual or the jail itself. if the jail was tagged everyone was freed. and it keeps going till everyone is captured. then we would switch up sides for a new round.

Gareth
10-04-2007, 11:35 PM
the last time i played kick the can i was...25 [ie- within the last 8 months]
it was all fun n games til a mate nailed himself

jabumbo
10-05-2007, 07:41 AM
we played this game called ring-a-leevia. or that's what the name sounded like.

we played something basically like that, and we called it release.

the hardest thing was holding onto someone long enough to say the crap you needed to in order to lock em up. the worst feeling was when one of your teammates would rush the jail area to free everyone and they would succeed but then you got caught again right away. then you just felt like a loser because your entire team was running the other way and you were getting locked up