PDA

View Full Version : Takin the wife to see Halloween tonight

ericlee
10-06-2007, 05:23 PM
Anybody else see it? She said she likes scary movies but this is by the same director that she hates. Hahaha. Is it as sick as the Devil's Rejects or is it scary like a Halloween movie should be?

ScarySquirrel
10-06-2007, 07:19 PM
I never saw Devil's Rejects, but I feel like he turned into more of a slasher film instead of the psychological type stuff that was going on in the original. It was okay... but nothing to write home about.

ericlee
10-07-2007, 12:34 AM
I'm very very impressed. It's great that they put the reason as to why he is who is. Michael as a kid was an understandable kid with ambition but he had a family that prevented him from doin anything. Only he did grow up to master murder.

My wife liked the story and shes never seen any original Halloweens. I didn't tell her it was a remake till we got home. It's strange, she watched the movie only with an understanding and sorry for Michael and she didn't even flinch during his slashing scenes.

I'd have to say that this can't be called a Slasher movie. His moves were too unique and creative, almost as an art form. It's too sophisticated. It was just a great movie. I'm gettin it on dvd. Good job, Rob.

roosta
10-08-2007, 04:25 AM
Without doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen.

I say this without exaggeration but EVERYTHING that was inventive, original and great about the original they completely fucked up.

The whole backstory addition was nonsense, the thing that made Halloween so great was that you never knew what drove Myers. It took far too long to fill in A-L-L-T-H-E-D-E-T-A-I-L-S for the audience, so they had to do the rest of the film in fastforward, thus removing all the long, eerie shots that help build up T-E-N-S-I-O-N. And they got rid of the amazing Panaglide stuff and replaced it with camerawork that seemed like Rob Zombie had broken the cameraman's arms and fed him speed.

Congratulations Rob Zombie, you've made one of the most worthless additions to film history, you fucking idiot.

Auton
10-08-2007, 04:46 AM
hahaha now THAT's my kind of review (y)

cookiepuss
10-08-2007, 11:25 AM
all I really care about is how much of Sheri Moon Zombie's body that I get to see. the more the better. ;)

I haven't seen this...seems like most either love it or hate it. Personally I like the way Rob tells a story...so I probably will like it. I also have never really seen the original Halloween all the way through, so I don't have to compare it to the original, I can simply look at it as another take on the story.

ericlee
10-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Without doubt one of the worst films I have ever seen.

I say this without exaggeration but EVERYTHING that was inventive, original and great about the original they completely fucked up.

The whole backstory addition was nonsense, the thing that made Halloween so great was that you never knew what drove Myers. It took far too long to fill in A-L-L-T-H-E-D-E-T-A-I-L-S for the audience, so they had to do the rest of the film in fastforward, thus removing all the long, eerie shots that help build up T-E-N-S-I-O-N. And they got rid of the amazing Panaglide stuff and replaced it with camerawork that seemed like Rob Zombie had broken the cameraman's arms and fed him speed.

Congratulations Rob Zombie, you've made one of the most worthless additions to film history, you fucking idiot.

Wow. I"m sorry you feel that way about it. I still think it was a great movie. Hey, people have different tastes, ya know?

roosta
10-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Wow. I"m sorry you feel that way about it. I still think it was a great movie. Hey, people have different tastes, ya know?

Dont feel sorry for me, I just hated a film, no problem about it. Feel sorry for all the people who have never seen the original but have seen this whores-abortion of a film. Seriously.