PDA

View Full Version : Stick Figure Family Stickers on Minivans/SUV....

cookiepuss
10-08-2007, 12:54 PM
this is probably one of the dumbest ideas since the pet rock. I can't understand why families across america are doing THIS (http://www.danklass.com/pill/assfam.jpg).:mad:

it's seems like every third SUV or minivan (or other gas guzzling family recreational vehicle) I see has these stupid ugly stickers on them. Sometimes they have the family members actual names on them... which is great cause then I know the real names of the people I want to kill when they cut me off in traffic.

In fact, if I was gonna make a horror movie, the family that is going to get killed will most certainly have one of these stickers on thier car and the killer will use the knowledge of the family members names to get close to the youngest child and convince the family to give him a ride to the nearest rest stop where he kills them all starting with the family dog. (I like run-on sentences, so shut-up).

why the fuck do these people think it's good idea for everyone to know thier fucking names and how many times they've reproduced?:rolleyes: Why should you drive around town advertising this info, eh?:confused:Why? (http://i17.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/14/f6/e5_1_b.JPG)

jabumbo
10-08-2007, 01:04 PM
thats even worse than the cheesy stickers that have a generic image of some sport and the name of the sport and kid who are playing it. i can't imagine that the schools can actually make a worthwhile profit for something like that

paul jones
10-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I got freaked out by a Bon Jovi car sticker earlier today then to add to the misery I saw some guy wearing a Bon Jovi T shirt

it's been a hard day

cookiepuss
10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
thats even worse than the cheesy stickers that have a generic image of some sport and the name of the sport and kid who are playing it. i can't imagine that the schools can actually make a worthwhile profit for something like that

exactly...and i just thought of another terrible senario...(perhaps I watch too much crime drama) but maybe there is some creepy pedophile lurking around school when you drop your kids off. well, congratulations you've just given him the names and favorite activities of your children! all the better for him to stalk, trick and abduct them with! yay parents, way to go!!!

seriously.

Loppfessor
10-08-2007, 01:31 PM
LOL....I'm guessing that mostly white people and mormons have those things

cookiepuss
10-08-2007, 01:34 PM
LOL....I'm guessing that mostly white people and mormons have those things

come to think of it, I have never seen one that says:

Richardo, Consuela, Pedro and Jose.

Lyman Zerga
10-08-2007, 02:08 PM
how in the world could we ever live without those stickers?!

DIGI
10-09-2007, 07:36 PM
My friend Steve made a "Support Me" ribbon magnet for his car last year. It was funny.

jabumbo
10-10-2007, 06:51 AM
oh yeah, i hate those ribbon things too

i'm cool if you want one that supports the troops or whatever, but when you have more than one its just ridiculous. and those crazy fanatical patriot ones are kind of lame too. i love my country too man, but i don't need 10 different ribbon shapes stickers on my bumper to show it.

Dorothy Wood
10-10-2007, 11:28 AM
oh god. :(

MC Moot
10-10-2007, 01:47 PM
I think I can live with stick figures when these fucking idiots are rolling around my town.....(n):mad:(n)

http://www.ccbrinfo.ca/

Dorothy Wood
10-10-2007, 01:55 PM
ugh, there was a huge thing like that at the student center when I was in college. signs of aborted fetuses everywhere! it was so rude! fuck off man! I'm not going to have an abortion! I understand free speech, but jesus, they even had holocaust pictures, piles of dead people because they were equating abortion with the holocaust. they're like, "look at it! look at it! this is what happens!" and it's like...uhh, wouldn't your time and money be put to better use to help put positive images out there and help women take precautions and get educated on how to prevent unwanted pregnancy?

anyone who wants to print out those fucking pictures and stand around them all day is sick to begin with.

cookiepuss
10-10-2007, 01:58 PM
oh sick. is that really a van covered in images of aborted fetuses???

oh I have all sort of problems with that.(n)

MC Moot
10-10-2007, 02:13 PM
Yeah it's horrible,one of our buses with 3-5 year old kids rolled up beside at a light....lovely,eh?.....this city has a welt from the bible belt.....I'd monkey wrench it myself but they store it in a warehouse at nights.....and I haven't considered that type of vandalism since I was 20.....I did hear that the cops pulled them over and with a department of transportation officer and wrote and ticketed them for bald tires and other moving violations.....good on them....

cookiepuss
10-10-2007, 02:21 PM
haha. I didn't read what the organization does really...why do they need a big van...other than it makes a great rolling billboard?

those people are like the PETA of anti-abortion groups. I'm all for the ethical treatment of animals, I love animals, but PETA goes about it all wrong. I don't think shock value really helps these causes.

DandyFop
10-10-2007, 02:29 PM
oh my god

do not click on "abortion facts" on that website linked

I think I'm going to be sick

MC Moot
10-10-2007, 02:30 PM
haha. I didn't read what the organization does really...why do they need a big van...other than it makes a great rolling billboard?.

That's pretty much exactly why,size and impact....funny thing is they used to do food and clothing drives but as soon as they started with the anti-abortion scheme the foodbank which is a conglomerate of "interfaith" agency's were like "Uh,yeah,never come back here...."......sometimes PETA is a bit much but they clued me into the whole force feeding for Foie Gras recently...and,man...I had no idea something so tasty could be so evil!.....:eek:

Dorothy Wood
10-10-2007, 02:35 PM
I accidentally on purpose looked at "abortion facts". :(

I swear, extreme pro-lifers get boners over dead babies. seriously, who the fuck puts that shit up? like, "oh, this one is good, let's pose the tiny dead skeletal hands for maximum gross out impact". sick sick sick.

cookiepuss
10-10-2007, 02:56 PM
......sometimes PETA is a bit much but they clued me into the whole force feeding for Foie Gras recently...and,man...I had no idea something so tasty could be so evil!.....:eek:

that is true. It's not that they don't do alot to increase awareness...what I don't like about them is that they attack whole industries..when it's some times only a portion of the industry behaving badly. I live an area that is still very argricultual and I know cattle and sheep ranchers who not practicing cruelty. they treat their animals very, very well. But if it were up to PETA, they'd be lumped in with all the rest and forced to shut down. I don't think that's right. I saw some peta video recently about boycotting wool. ALL wool...because some asholes in Germany are cutting the tails off thier sheep in inhumane ways. Ok I've raised sheep..and let me tell yo there is a reason we dock thier tails. it's to keep flys from laying eggs (maggots) in the shit that gets packed in around thier tail and anus. In the US the tails are docked when they are lambs and we use a rubber band which cuts off the circulation and the tail falls off. it's not sliced off and left to bleed. so my point is...boycott wool from whatever backwards country is doing it...but don't punish the entire wool industry for the bad action of a few. Peta also apparently has a problem with sheering...but fuck em. most of them have never seen how happy a sheep is to get that heavy wool off in the sumer heat.:rolleyes:
[/end rant] sorry...it just bugs me.

MC Moot
10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
that is true. It's not that they don't do alot to increase awareness...what I don't like about them is that they attack whole industries..when it's some times only a portion of the industry behaving badly. I live an area that is still very argricultual and I know cattle and sheep ranchers who not practicing cruelty. they treat their animals very, very well. But if it were up to PETA, they'd be lumped in with all the rest and forced to shut down. I don't think that's right. I saw some peta video recently about boycotting wool. ALL wool...because some asholes in Germany are cutting the tails off thier sheep in inhumane ways. Ok I've raised sheep..and let me tell yo there is a reason we dock thier tails. it's to keep flys from laying eggs (maggots) in the shit that gets packed in around thier tail and anus. In the US the tails are docked when they are lambs and we use a rubber band which cuts off the circulation and the tail falls off. it's not sliced off and left to bleed. so my point is...boycott wool from whatever backwards country is doing it...but don't punish the entire wool industry for the bad action of a few. Peta also apparently has a problem with sheering...but fuck em. most of them have never seen how happy a sheep is to get that heavy wool off in the sumer heat.:rolleyes:
[/end rant] sorry...it just bugs me.

Yeah,it's a matter of "The end justify's the means" with regards to alot of their campaigns....but when you look at what there up against in terms of fighting huge corporate livestock producers,who are the greatest ethical offenders,I wonder if it's not a necesary evil sometimes......:rolleyes:

Lyman Zerga
10-10-2007, 03:33 PM
I accidentally on purpose looked at "abortion facts". :(

I swear, extreme pro-lifers get boners over dead babies. seriously, who the fuck puts that shit up? like, "oh, this one is good, let's pose the tiny dead skeletal hands for maximum gross out impact". sick sick sick.

well thats reality..

Dorothy Wood
10-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I know. I'm not pro-abortion. but I know that if it wasn't legal, people would still do it.

cookiepuss
10-10-2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah,it's a matter of "The end justify's the means" with regards to alot of their campaigns....but when you look at what there up against in terms of fighting huge corporate livestock producers,who are the greatest ethical offenders,I wonder if it's not a necesary evil sometimes......:rolleyes:

I guess...but I think they could make a better distinction between the corporate offenders and the smaller guy who isn't abusing his animals. secondly...I feel most people supporting PETA don't have the first CLUE about raising livestock and what it really means to care for those animals and get them to thrive. I have some firsthand expereince, and really don't feel most of those people are able to see the flip side of the coin.

Yetra Flam
10-10-2007, 10:50 PM
yeah, PETA are incredibly juvenile with their advertising campaigns. "we hate the exploitation of animals, so lets exploit women to point that out! lets put some hot naked bitches in a cage! that'll make the world vegetarian." idiots.

MC Moot
10-11-2007, 08:43 AM
I guess...but I think they could make a better distinction between the corporate offenders and the smaller guy who isn't abusing his animals. secondly...I feel most people supporting PETA don't have the first CLUE about raising livestock and what it really means to care for those animals and get them to thrive. I have some firsthand expereince, and really don't feel most of those people are able to see the flip side of the coin.

remember,this?...it's what caused my 1st thread round here.....:D

"Wow, Shit gets hectic quick. Sign a petition in an airport and next thing you know you're a poster-boy. This shit needs some straightening out.

For the record, we did not draft this letter. Basically it went down like this; a lady was walking around an airport in Australia asking people to sign something. When she approached me I thought (and I assume that Adam and Mike did as well) that it was a petition that she was getting as many signatures on as she could. So I signed it thinking that I might be able to help out with stopping some unnecessary suffering of some birds. But I thought that my name would appear in conjunction with thousands of others.

By the look of the letter that PETA sent out, they must have scanned our signatures, photo shopped them neatly in order and then added our names typed in, so that it would look like we drafted and sent the letter ourselves.

And from all the news hits they got on this, they must have sent it out to every news outlet they could get a hold of.

The strangest part of it is that the press just printed it without checking in to see if we really wrote or sent the letter.

I'm sure PETA is well intentioned, but seriously, what the fuck? Pull your shit together. If we want to draft an open letter to someone and send it out to the media we'll do it ourselves."

-Yauch

beastieangel01
10-11-2007, 09:32 AM
my Mother got one as a gift so she stuck it on the old Jeep (I'd complain about the Jeep but it does come in handy for yard work, hauling big crap, etc and it's not used for pleasure trips).

I admit I was ashamed, but it was a GIFT at least.

:(

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 12:58 PM
remember,this?...it's what caused my 1st thread round here.....:D

"Wow, Shit gets hectic quick. Sign a petition in an airport and next thing you know you're a poster-boy. This shit needs some straightening out.

For the record, we did not draft this letter. Basically it went down like this; a lady was walking around an airport in Australia asking people to sign something. When she approached me I thought (and I assume that Adam and Mike did as well) that it was a petition that she was getting as many signatures on as she could. So I signed it thinking that I might be able to help out with stopping some unnecessary suffering of some birds. But I thought that my name would appear in conjunction with thousands of others.

By the look of the letter that PETA sent out, they must have scanned our signatures, photo shopped them neatly in order and then added our names typed in, so that it would look like we drafted and sent the letter ourselves.

And from all the news hits they got on this, they must have sent it out to every news outlet they could get a hold of.

The strangest part of it is that the press just printed it without checking in to see if we really wrote or sent the letter.

I'm sure PETA is well intentioned, but seriously, what the fuck? Pull your shit together. If we want to draft an open letter to someone and send it out to the media we'll do it ourselves."

-Yauch

F you yauch!

i was planning to sign one of those lists in a few weeks
they are not from PETA but VGT, think people outside austria dont know that organisation anyway but i know they changed quite a lot and important shit here and this time they try to make a clothing store stop selling real fur, they also could other stores stop from selling it (y)

cookiepuss
10-11-2007, 01:16 PM
my Mother got one as a gift so she stuck it on the old Jeep (I'd complain about the Jeep but it does come in handy for yard work, hauling big crap, etc and it's not used for pleasure trips).

I admit I was ashamed, but it was a GIFT at least.

:(

Oh the shame!!!! I guess I can let it slide cause it was a gift...however...unless your family names are actually on it...I'd have re-gifted that shit at the office white elephant party.

MC Moot
10-11-2007, 01:20 PM
F you yauch!

i was planning to sign one of those lists in a few weeks
they are not from PETA but VGT, think people outside austria dont know that organisation anyway but i know they changed quite a lot and important shit here and this time they try to make a clothing store stop selling real fur, they also could other stores stop from selling it (y)

I think you may have misunderstood what Adam was getting at.....

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2756

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I think you may have misunderstood what Adam was getting at.....

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm/headline/2756

im a celebrity! and it just reminded me of my story and i wasnt actually replying to yauch so who cares

MC Moot
10-11-2007, 01:47 PM
im a celebrity!

*barrel laughter ensues*

(y)

milleson
10-11-2007, 02:44 PM
My kids' school sells those tacky stickers for $10 a pop.

They're white and have school mascot on them. On the up side, they refuse to print kid's names under them citing safety issues.