PDA

View Full Version : Should single men ask married women to have dinner dates?

ericlee
10-09-2007, 10:51 AM
The wife and i were laying in bed at 1am earlier this morning and she gets a text message. I picked up her phone and it's some guy askin if she would like to have dinner on either Friday or Saturday. I ask her who he is and she says it's one of the police officers that she does interviews with. Being that she's a journalist, she says it's a good thing to do so and it's good to build the relationship by goin out to eat and havin the whole dinner time conversation. I think that they can just have their conversation over the phone..

I sent a message from her phone saying that she can't cause she will be with me. She sends him a message saying that I sent it and that I'm just jealous. He sends one back saying to tell me that she wants a divorce and to go have dinner with him. She sends one back saying that she doesn't want to have a divorce with me and that she loves me and I'm a good guy. He sends one back saying dinner it is then? Friday or Saturday?

I dunno, I've never had a single guy ask my wife out to dinner like this and I feel very uneasy about it. I do trust her with all my heart but I just can't find the reason as to why this guy wants to text her at 1 in the am. She told me that he had just gotten off of work but, why is it his whole mission to ask her to dinner as soon as he got home?

Help me married dudes or just anybody that can give good advice. Am I being a stiff? I'd never have a dinner date with another lady, just out of respect for my wife. Not just that, I would feel akward eatin with another lady that isn't my wife.

hpdrifter
10-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Ok, there are lots of red flags here. A text in the middle of the night? Not cool. Dinner on a Friday or Saturday night (typically date night)? Not cool.

Either your wife is naive or she is really messed up over the big fight you had.

abcdefz
10-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I wouldn't say categorically that a married woman can't be friends with a single guy, but, yeah -- asking her out for dinner and not
asking the husband implies a certain amount of intimacy. If you all were already good friends and there was a level of trust involved,
that might be one thing. This arrangement doesn't sound cool.

In general, I'm wary of married people cultivating friendships with members of the opposite sex. Not necessarily because it will inevitably
lead to something inappropriate, but because intimacy is for each other, not a third party.

hpdrifter
10-09-2007, 10:55 AM
Yeah, I agree, its not the fact that he is single, its that he seems intent on asking a married woman out on a date.

And telling her she should divorce you? Knowing you are there?

Seems like waaaaay more than a professional relationship.

paul jones
10-09-2007, 10:57 AM
go kick the shit out of him,he's a pig after all

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:06 AM
I've got his phone number, I wrote it down off her phone. I'm debating on callin him.

roosta
10-09-2007, 11:09 AM
Are things OK with your wife now?

MC Moot
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Obviously it’s a very complex situation, given your marital strife….in my culture a casual pub meal, early in the evening would be acceptable and I would extend her significant other an invite via her….a “formal” dinner at a proper restaurant at 8pm or after,would be an entirely different matter,bordering on disrespect and impropriety……but then again I’m a class freakin act…..;)

abcdefz
10-09-2007, 11:12 AM
Doesn't sound very complex to me. The guy's angling for a date, and the wife is obviously interested either in this other guy or just in
pissing off her husband.

Eric -- I wouldn't call the guy, though. Inserting yourself into this bullshit is just going to give them something in common. She's probably
been confiding her problems with this guy already and gotten closer to him than she has any right to.

I'd probably tell her that, if this guy is just a friend, then the three of you have dinner together. If they want to be alone, it's obviously
developing as something else and for the sake of your relationship, she should squash it.

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:13 AM
Are things OK with your wife now?

Very nice actually. I'm thinkin that little act she pulled off had a reason cause I'm out of energy lately. Also we weren't just layin in the bed when that text came but still, 1am? Sending a text asking for dinner?

roosta
10-09-2007, 11:17 AM
Very nice actually. I'm thinkin that little act she pulled off had a reason cause I'm out of energy lately. Also we weren't just layin in the bed when that text came but still, 1am? Sending a text asking for dinner?

Good to hear.

Bout this situation....if going for dinners with these people is good for her work than its not so clear cut a situation..but its natural to be freaked out by it.

If there was no work/professional advantage then I dunno how id feel bout it. I wouldnt stop my girlfriend from having dinner with someone, but id let her know i didnt think it was cool. One time an old fella she used to get with texted her bout cooking her dinner. She texted and said "sure, can roosta come too?".

He didn't cook dinner.

AceFace
10-09-2007, 11:20 AM
DO NOT trust her. if he's someone she "works" with, and he knows she wants a divorce... then odds are she's confiding in him about things she won't tell you. and he's praying on that and she's falling for it.

late night texts are DEF a red flag. she's been talking to this dude for awhile and he is pursuing her if he's asking for dinner and not taking no for an answer.

i do my fair share of flirting, but if my husband asks me to cut it out and not be friends with someone, then i do it b/c i do love him. she... is not being honest with you. she may not be cheating, but something is going on that is TOTALLY not right.

take it from a girl, i know what girls do to get attention and feel better about themselves and this is it. she's looking to get attention from someone other than you, and she's getting it.

sad face.

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Well, i just sent him a text with my mobile asking him to call me when he's not busy. I'm gonna keep my head about it but, I'll let him know that it's not too professional to be sending a text at 1am. Also a little joke such as tellin her to divorce me to have dinner wasn't quite funny either.

kaiser soze
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
I would be cautious, shit like this happened to me and eventually the truth came out.

I think it would be hard having opposite sex friends...but I have tons of friends who are girls and won't give em up for a marriage, so it's only fair to allow my wife to have friends of the opposite sex.

AceFace
10-09-2007, 11:24 AM
i also have to add that i don't have a problem with matt having dinner with one of my single girlfriends, and he doesn't care who i have dinner with. just as long as we're up front about it and we know the person we're hanging with.

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:26 AM
DO NOT trust her. if he's someone she "works" with, and he knows she wants a divorce... then odds are she's confiding in him about things she won't tell you. and he's praying on that and she's falling for it.

late night texts are DEF a red flag. she's been talking to this dude for awhile and he is pursuing her if he's asking for dinner and not taking no for an answer.

i do my fair share of flirting, but if my husband asks me to cut it out and not be friends with someone, then i do it b/c i do love him. she... is not being honest with you. she may not be cheating, but something is going on that is TOTALLY not right.

take it from a girl, i know what girls do to get attention and feel better about themselves and this is it. she's looking to get attention from someone other than you, and she's getting it.

sad face.

Well, she didn't tell anyone about our little quarrel the other night. Not even her mom. She was just talking out of anger and that mess has been cleared up. Our sex has been explosive since then so maybe I'm thinkin she wanted something different....

She knew I was upset over this and assured me that she won't ever cheat on me and that she only has love for me. I do trust her on not messin around on me. I just can't trust some shithead who thinks it's cool sending a text at 1am and then trying to be funny with the other text.

AceFace
10-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Well, i just sent him a text with my mobile asking him to call me when he's not busy. I'm gonna keep my head about it but, I'll let him know that it's not too professional to be sending a text at 1am. Also a little joke such as tellin her to divorce me to have dinner wasn't quite funny either.

that divorce thing was not a joke. she probably told him what she had been thinking earlier in the month and he wasn't afraid to say it.

MC Moot
10-09-2007, 11:27 AM
Also a little joke such as tellin her to divorce me to have dinner wasn't quite funny either.

ohhhh...see....now that rings of the broken bone tone.....how composed can you be?.....if I had the grace of Gandhi or MLK, I'd try and relate how utterly unhelpful his actions are to a couple involved in discontent.....but I don't have that grace and shit could only get hectic....quick........

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
just as long as we're up front about it and we know the person we're hanging with.

Exactly and if I knew the guy then there would be no prob whatsoever. I'll tell ya this, he's not startin it off in a good way.

AceFace
10-09-2007, 11:31 AM
Exactly and if I knew the guy then there would be no prob whatsoever. I'll tell ya this, he's not startin it off in a good way.

no lie there! he's gunning for her.

Yeti
10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
I agree with AceFace. The text stating that she wants a divorce is way too personal for a professional conact. If my wife got a text e-mail from a man at 1 am I would be very upset. No decent man would ever call or send a text message to another man's wife at that time of night. That cop is bad news and I would stay away from that bastard.

hpdrifter
10-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Doesn't sound very complex to me. The guy's angling for a date, and the wife is obviously interested either in this other guy or just in
pissing off her husband.

Eric -- I wouldn't call the guy, though. Inserting yourself into this bullshit is just going to give them something in common. She's probably
been confiding her problems with this guy already and gotten closer to him than she has any right to.

I'd probably tell her that, if this guy is just a friend, then the three of you have dinner together. If they want to be alone, it's obviously
developing as something else and for the sake of your relationship, she should squash it.

I totally agree with all of this. A Friday/Saturday night dinner for two is a date. And a text at 1am is a booty call. There is nothing professional going on here.

(n) to your wife

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:33 AM
ohhhh...see....now that rings of the broken bone tone.....how composed can you be?.....if I had the grace of Gandhi or MLK, I'd try and relate how utterly unhelpful his actions are to a couple involved in discontent.....but I don't have that grace and shit could only get hectic....quick........

Yep. I've still got military mentality and when I read that, I was about to put my pants on and find this bastid but I figured keepin my cool would be better. I'm not trying to be violent anymore. he sent that message knowing I was right there with her....That takes alot of freakin balls man.

abcdefz
10-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I agree with AceFace. The text stating that she wants a divorce is way too personal for a professional conact. If my wife got a text e-mail from a man at 1 am I would be very upset. No decent man would ever call or send a text message to another man's wife at that time of night. That cop is bad news and I would stay away from that bastard.

In some cases, there's a very real reason why a cop is called a pig.

paul jones
10-09-2007, 11:43 AM
beat him up Popeye style

ericlee
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
pissing off her husband.

Yeah and as said, that bad time we had has been blown over and forgotten about. I know she doesn't share our stories with other people. I'm the only one that does by postin about it here.

He's also a Chinese guy too and she keeps assuring me that Chinese will never try to sleep with married ladies but, his whole actions in general tell me different.

Well, I do want to talk to him still. He got my text, if he calls me back then it would be cool but if not, I won't call him. I'll just have more discussion with my wife about it.

kll
10-09-2007, 11:44 AM
There's no way she didn't tell ANYONE about your fight. I can see her not telling her mother, but she at least told co-workers. Even if she says she didn't, she did. Girls can't have a fight as huge as that one and NOT tell anyone.

This guy may be her confidante, therefore he feels he has one-upped you and feels comfortable txt'ing her at odd hours. There's no way they are just professional friends if he's behaving so bold.

Yeti
10-09-2007, 11:53 AM
I would not give the motherfucker the time of day. Just ask your wife. If she insists on going to dinner on a Saturday night then call the producers of Cheaters. If she is up to any funny business that creepy host of Cheaters will have a private investigator tape the sorted episode. You will then get to confront them both and hit him on the side of the head with a bitch slap. Just make sure to let us know when the episode airs.

ms.peachy
10-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Hmm. I mean, I have gone out to dinner with male friends since I've been married. Of course, some of them are gay, so they're, you know, low risk, so to speak. But some are just work mates or whatever. However, none would phone my house at 1 am, and I dare say mr.p would not find it terribly amusing if they did.

paul jones
10-09-2007, 12:21 PM
pretend you're Bruce Lee and he's Mr Han

Lex Diamonds
10-09-2007, 12:27 PM
Seriously man that's pretty fuckin' suspicious. I don't know your wife but it does sound like she's not telling you the whole story.

Are you making it sound worse than it is at all, because to me that just sounds pretty sketchy...

ScarySquirrel
10-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Forget about the other dude, I think you need to stay out of it from that angle. Let him try and run his game all he wants... 'cause if you trust your wife then you trust your wife and there's nothing to be worried about.

Having said that, I think you should have a discussion with your wife about your feelings/thoughts on the situation. Explain to her why you think dinner with this gentleman is not a good idea and what you think might be behind it. Because, honestly, dinner on a Friday or Saturday night is pretty fishy. I'd say something like lunch would be fine but everyone knows that the dinner date is where you try and make the magic happen.

Unless you strictly live by afternoon delight. Then whatever, man.

SugarInTheRaw
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
pissing off her husband.

Well thought out.

I second what Abcdefz typed, Ericlee. Good luck, man, seriously.

I think you should have a discussion with your wife about your feelings/thoughts on the situation. Explain to her why you think dinner with this gentleman is not a good idea and what you think might be behind it.

(y)

ms.peachy
10-09-2007, 12:35 PM
You know what's bothering me about this... your wife defended his actions, and is trying to justify his behavior to you. That doesn't sit well with me. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do that, if this was happening in my relationship - I would think my allegiance would have to be to my partner, and I'd have to tell the friend that he had seriously overstepped the boundaries.

cookiepuss
10-09-2007, 12:44 PM
Ok, there are lots of red flags here. A text in the middle of the night? Not cool. Dinner on a Friday or Saturday night (typically date night)? Not cool.

Either your wife is naive or she is really messed up over the big fight you had.

yeah I'm going to second that emotion. it's suspiscious.....what is this guy Ray Liotta from Unlawful Entry?

my man isn't the jealous type..most stuff slides off his back like water off a ducks butt...but someone texts me after 10 pm and he's gonna ask what it's all about...and if the text is from a man..he's not going to be happy. at ALL.

NoFenders
10-09-2007, 02:18 PM
Ice T wrote a nice song that would fit my feeelings on this subject.

cookiepuss
10-09-2007, 02:27 PM
Man it just sounds so bad. Maybe there are why he texted her at 1 am, maybe he just got off of work or had some new information, or maybe he is responding to something she sent him earlier. As far as a single guy asking out another man's wife to dinner, that again is a very tricky subject. Why couldn't you go along if you were going to be home?

because it's suppose to be a "business dinner" where they discuss the story she's writing. She doesn't need her husband there to over see her doing her job. HOWEVER....I know very few professions where "business" calls/texts are made at 1 am. even for a reporter (unless it's some super top secret shit like Deep Throat...ok that sounds baaaadddd, but you know what I mean)... this isn't the average time frame for an interview/setting up an interview. Even if this cop works a beat, he still has to push papers sometime and she could easy request that they meet at the precint. Given his other remarks by text I would say she's playing with FIRE.

Waus
10-09-2007, 02:33 PM
I have no idea about this kind of thing.

I guess I'd just ask my girl to be honest with me and let me know if she thought something was up when she went to dinner. I don't know, seems to me like showing her you trust her by counting on her to tell you if the guy is suspicious would make her more critical towards his advances, or more guilty if she was feeling a little apathetic before.

No idea though - that's pure speculation.

cookiepuss
10-09-2007, 02:43 PM
thing is she could take control of this situation right up front...if when he sent the divorce text, she said no and immediately suggested a change to of location of the meeting to something less intimate and casual. and she still can take control by doing that...it's not to late for her to say, you know what...I'll meet you at the precint, or change it to lunch instead of dinner.

if she doesn't do that then I'm not sure how serious she is about keeping the mariage in tact. Because if it were me...I'd have drawn a line in the sand right there and told the guy he was outta line and changed the perameters of when we could meet.

either that or shes' self destructive and wants to know how far she can push it before it all crumbles.

also, the way I'm understanding it...this guy isn't really a "friend." he's a business associate. someone she is suppose to working on story with. which to me make this even more outta line than if it were just a friend joking around in poor taste.

sorry Eric...I'm probably not helping. but there is no need to be naive about this. you instincts are likely correct.

ScarySquirrel
10-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Now that I think about it... I'm taking a married woman on a dinner date while her husband is out of town.

But I'm friends with both of them, and I was before they were married, so I think that might be one of the exceptions to the rule. Oh, and I'm not trying to mack on her anyway... just keeping her company while her husband's gone for the weekend 'cause she gets lonely.

I'm glad to know that I am the exception to the rule. At least, that's what I'm calling myself.

Waus
10-09-2007, 03:05 PM
Maybe you're the exception that makes the rule.

cookiepuss
10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh, and I'm not trying to mack on her anyway... just keeping her company while her husband's gone for the weekend 'cause she gets lonely.

DO NOT give her a foot massage. unless you like getting thrown out of windows.

but you can take her to Jack Rabbit Slims and get her a $5 milkshake.

cookiepuss
10-09-2007, 03:32 PM
Anyway, there are things she could be doing to make Eric feel better.

I concur! there is. that's what I was saying a few posts up about her taking control and changing the parameters of the meeting. so yeah...if she doesn't start taking some action to give her husband some security the outlook is grim (IMO).:(

Documad
10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Did you make this thread for her benefit? Is she still reading the board?

Your issue is with your wife, not with this guy. It's up to her to draw boundaries with all the guys she interacts with and if she can't do that, then maybe she wants to yank both of your chains. Given that you've portrayed her as a seriously fucked up woman in the other thread, I've got to wonder whether she's getting off on all this attention. It sounds like one or both of you enjoys the marital drama. So did my parents--it bugged the shit out of me but they got off on the constant ups and downs.

Unlike everyone else in this thread, I have no problem with the 1 a.m. text message. But then, I've known a lot of cops over the years and they ALWAYS call me after 11 p.m. My old job used to involve working with cops and if you want to get ahold of them, you have to be available because they tend to sleep at funny times. By the way, I'm not sure whether I've ever known a cop who didn't do inappropriate things in relationships. It's not just a macho vibe, but a feeling that basic rules and morals don't apply to them. They're incredibly likely to have dangerous affairs. And I actually love cops.

The freaky part is the way the text messaging immediately became so childish. I find it difficult to believe that he would mention divorce as a joke unless your wife confided in him. And she should have been upset with him for crossing a boundary, unless that she's been encouraging him to do it somehow.

Given that she apparently has no friends and wants more attention from you, she's probably thoroughly enjoying having another guy find her desirable and having you be all jealous. You two should really see a counsellor.

P.S. I wouldn't mess around with a cop. You should be careful what you say to him.

Videodrome
10-09-2007, 07:08 PM
i agree with abcdefz on this one. he is a jedi.

mikizee
10-09-2007, 07:23 PM
You know what's bothering me about this... your wife defended his actions, and is trying to justify his behavior to you. That doesn't sit well with me. I don't think I'd be able to bring myself to do that, if this was happening in my relationship - I would think my allegiance would have to be to my partner, and I'd have to tell the friend that he had seriously overstepped the boundaries.

Thats exactly what I was going to say. It seems to me highly likely that she has confided in SOMEONE about what has been going on. Everybody needs to vent. And if she doesn't really have many friends in NYC, and this cop is chinese, they instantly have something in common. There is definitely something dodgy going on here.

Or, not. I'm no Doctor freakin Phil.

gorilla
10-09-2007, 08:37 PM
she's confiding in her own......he's listening and just for that feels like it's in the bag..... true cop style, he has 2 beers comes home feels like sexy rambo and shoots of the text..... to you wife.... LOL!!!!!

Welcome to the big city....LOL!!!

RobMoney$
10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
He sends one back saying to tell me that she wants a divorce and to go have dinner with him. She sends one back saying that she doesn't want to have a divorce with me and that she loves me and I'm a good guy. He sends one back saying dinner it is then? Friday or Saturday?

Not sure how they do it in Ohio, but from where I'm from thems fightin' words. He's clearly not showing you any respect whatsoever. Typical Cop. I'd do the following 3 steps.

1. Call him up and explain to him all the time you've done in Iraq and all the training you have is far superior to his measly Police training and how you could choke him out with any one of the hundreds of different choke holds you have at your disposal on him at a moments notice. Let him know that she's your wife and he'll talk to you accordingly.

2. Tell your wife that since she's going to go out with a "friend" that you're going to take the opportunity to go out on your own as well. Surely she doesn't expect you to sit at home at her beckon call while she goes out? Invite her out to dinner with you. Tell her she has the choice to go with you or him.

3. If she goes out with him, pack her bags and leave them by the curb. Then call a lawyer and file for divorce. She's playing too many games with you man. Taking too many liberties and taking you for granted. Don't let anyone treat you like this. You know something's sketchy or else you wouldn't have even made this thread.

Having another man show her attention has to be a boost to her ego during a rough time in your relationship.

Hopefully she makes the right choice.

Knuckles
10-09-2007, 09:51 PM
Eric, this sounds like trouble to me.

Be careful man.

RobMoney$
10-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Ok, maybe just call him up and have a conversation about choke holds.
Not necessarily threaten to use them on him, but just have an in depth conversation about them and any other hand to hand combat techniques you might have expertise in.

Dazzle him with your knowledge on RPG's too.

ericlee
10-10-2007, 12:06 AM
So dinner it is. On Saturday. All of us cause Saturday is my day off. He called back feeling very shitty and like I let him know that it's pretty damn stupid of him to say to divorce me and go to dinner. He thought I was playing around with him when I sent the text saying I was her so, he thought he'd return the joke.

My wife also thought I was joking around when she sent the message saying that I was just jealous cause I had one of my outta my mind smiles going on. You never really can tell my mood when I'm looking or acting like that.

Also, I feel kind of shitty about the whole ordeal cause my wife told me just after making this thread that she texted him at about 11pm asking to have an interview with him cause of some accident that happened earlier yesterday and he texted back when he could, which was 1am but, I also mentioned to him that he could have waited till the like 10am rather than 1am which is "our" time together.

Anyway, we chatted about my previous correctional officer job, time in Iraq, blah. He doesn't seem to be a bad guy, just he started off wrong but, I could always make new friends.

Gareth
10-10-2007, 12:56 AM
.....what is this guy Ray Liotta from Unlawful Entry?

hahahaha actual lol

marsdaddy
10-10-2007, 01:09 AM
I don't care about the circumstances or reasoning, if she is asked out on a dinner date by a single guy she should tell you the whole deal and say, "only if I can bring my husband."

Loppfessor
10-10-2007, 01:25 AM
This dude is a dick and needs his ass kicked! Unfortunately your wife isn't helping matters at all. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything but I would probably bet that she is either interested in him or has at least led him to believe there is the chance of being more than friends. You'll look like an ass telling him to fuck off if she doesn't do it first

Alright I actually read the entire thread so now my advice is to continue to be suspicious....this dude still isn't on the up and up. Proceed with caution.

Waus
10-10-2007, 01:33 AM
Hey...sounds like a pretty happy ending. That's good. Ericlee - your posts keep this board afloat sometimes.

mikizee
10-10-2007, 02:19 AM
Hey...sounds like a pretty happy ending. That's good. Ericlee - your posts keep this board afloat sometimes.

word, ericlee is a top dude, he is definitely one of my favourite posters. Along with the BROS poster I have on my wall.

roosta
10-10-2007, 02:55 AM
aw man..i thought a member of the board was going to kill a cop...

befsquire
10-10-2007, 05:31 AM
am i the only one who is bothered by the fact that you picked up your wife's cell phone, read a text meant for her, and then sent a reply as if you were her?

i would never open up bobby's cell phone to read a text message and then reply as if i'm him. no matter what time it is. nor would i open his mail, email, etc.

adam_f
10-10-2007, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by befsquire
am i the only one who is bothered by the fact that you picked up your wife's cell phone, read a text meant for her, and then sent a reply as if you were her?

Yes, you are. It's ericlee and we love ericlee.

befsquire
10-10-2007, 05:46 AM
i like ericlee, it just bothers me.

roosta
10-10-2007, 05:53 AM
ericlee does what ericlee likes

Loppfessor
10-10-2007, 06:23 AM
Yes, you are. It's ericlee and we love ericlee.

Amen brother

Rock
10-10-2007, 06:39 AM

I don't see any problem with reading her text messages. Why should she care about it unless she had something to hide. The replying as her (i guess i read it wrong in the original post because i don't remember that) is kind of eh.

But anyway, I believe in what was said in Brain Candy, "No thecrets between thailors"

Yeti
10-10-2007, 06:40 AM
I see what Beth is saying. My wife's Blackberry is always buzzing with e-mails and I would not even think of checking her phone. Unless you share the phone I agree that it is a bad idea to snoop.

Are you having trust issues? Or did you just decide to check the text on a whim?

Loppfessor
10-10-2007, 07:39 AM
at that time of night I'd turn to her and say "Who the fuck is texting you at 1am, and why?" then we'd probaby fight about it

ericlee
10-10-2007, 10:44 AM

i would never open up bobby's cell phone to read a text message and then reply as if i'm him. no matter what time it is. nor would i open his mail, email, etc.

We were, mmmm, busy and her mobile was next to my head. I asked her who would be sending her a text this early in the mornin and she said go have a look. I opened it and got angry.

I would have to say it's my fault on this. She was trying to explain but, the only thing I would say to her was hush baby. She didn't have a chance to explain about it till I got home from work last night at midnight.

She checks my phone sometimes like when I'm on the roof and I leave my phone to charge. If it rings, she'll answer or look at it to see who it was and yell for me saying that so and so called. I don't mind at all that she looks who it is cause I've got nothing to hide.

hpdrifter
10-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Well they were sitting in bed together and the phone was there. It doesn't seem that much of an invasion to me. She was sitting right there when he did it and I'm guessing didn't really try to stop him.

I mean it would be different if he was skulking around reading her texts and stuff while she was in the bathroom or something.

yeahwho
10-10-2007, 11:47 AM
I'm beginning to realize my life is boring if you go by my cell phone data. Unless I was having an affair with the dispatcher at work, otherwise I'm sort of d u l l s v i l l e.

paul jones
10-11-2007, 12:11 AM
Eric, text the cop ACAB

it's short for All Coppers Are Bastards

(y)

ericlee
10-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Haha. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this show cause he's starting to piss my wife off. He sent her a text asking her if she wanted lunch earlier today and she didn't answer back. She told me that he's really starting to push it and if he texts her again, she's gonna go off on him. I'm hoping he does text her back cause I don't feel like eating dinner with some swine on Saturday. Ive got better things to do.

paul jones
10-11-2007, 12:36 AM
Haha. I'm just gonna sit back and watch this show cause he's starting to piss my wife off. He sent her a text asking her if she wanted lunch earlier today and she didn't answer back. She told me that he's really starting to push it and if he texts her again, she's gonna go off on him. I'm hoping he does text her back cause I don't feel like eating dinner with some swine on Saturday. Ive got better things to do.

tell him to text me,I'm fucking starving

no anal though thanks

ericlee
10-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Believe me, I know if he pisses her off too much, she'll dice his ass up. I can send ya a box of bacon bits if you're that hungry. You may have to wait a while though.

paul jones
10-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Believe me, I know if he pisses her off too much, she'll dice his ass up. I can send ya a box of bacon bits if you're that hungry. You may have to wait a while though.

nah it's ok.I just found a chocolate eclair in the fridge(y)

Loppfessor
10-11-2007, 01:13 AM

Speaking of Bacon bits....are they made of real bacon?

ericlee
10-11-2007, 01:24 AM
Speaking of Bacon bits....are they made of real bacon?

Yep, badge and all..I'm hoping he does text her back. She showed me his text today, "I'll be having some free time and want to know if you'd like lunch today (you pay)... J/K haha. My treat".

She said that she just ignored him and she's gettin the feeling that he wants more than just lunch and work chat. Oh yeah, this is gonna be good.

sjp
10-11-2007, 01:27 AM
nope its not right

Loppfessor
10-11-2007, 02:09 AM
No seriously....are bacon bits real bacon?? I have an ongoing debate about this with someone

ms.peachy
10-11-2007, 04:20 AM
No seriously....are bacon bits real bacon?? I have an ongoing debate about this with someone

Usually not, no. I mean if you go to a more posh restaurant and all, they might be using real bacon. But the stuff you buy in shakers in the supermarket and the stuff you find on your average salad bar, no. Texturised soy with flavouring, mainly. They might - might - be prepared with some pork product (i.e., a bit of pork fat in the cooking process), but probably not.

roosta
10-11-2007, 04:32 AM
Text him "Father You See King The Police"

Let him stew on those divine mathematics

Loppfessor
10-11-2007, 05:06 AM
Usually not, no. I mean if you go to a more posh restaurant and all, they might be using real bacon. But the stuff you buy in shakers in the supermarket and the stuff you find on your average salad bar, no. Texturised soy with flavouring, mainly. They might - might - be prepared with some pork product (i.e., a bit of pork fat in the cooking process), but probably not.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

mikizee
10-11-2007, 06:36 AM
Why call then bacon bits then? They should call them soy bits.

Its just like the extremely tasteless 'meat' balls you get on a Domino's pizza. They aren't meat at all. Soy once again.

hpdrifter
10-11-2007, 10:43 AM

Actually this is good. This means they are vegetarian and I can eat them.

cosmo105
10-11-2007, 10:50 AM
not always. the cheap bright red ones in salad bars, yes, usually. but since you can't always go back and ask to see the label for the ingredients, i'd just say steer clear of them.

NoFenders
10-11-2007, 11:52 AM
Yep, badge and all..I'm hoping he does text her back. She showed me his text today, "I'll be having some free time and want to know if you'd like lunch today (you pay)... J/K haha. My treat".

She said that she just ignored him and she's gettin the feeling that he wants more than just lunch and work chat.

Ya think??????

Loppfessor
10-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Actually this is good. This means they are vegetarian and I can eat them.

yeah right everyone know's vegetarians have no souls hence no tasebuds...so it doesn't matter

tracky
10-12-2007, 04:32 AM
you know recently I applied for another job, not really because I wanted it, just to see if I could get it. I could've (and maybe still could, I was meant to email him a cv but couldn't be bothered) but why upturn your life on a risk when you've got something pretty good and stable...

i kinda see this same situation reflected with your wife. It sounds to me like she's probably flirted with him a bit, maybe not really wanting anything to happen - just to see if it could. I dunno I'm hardly one to be handing out relationship advice

ericlee
10-12-2007, 04:59 AM
you know recently I applied for another job, not really because I wanted it, just to see if I could get it. I could've (and maybe still could, I was meant to email him a cv but couldn't be bothered) but why upturn your life on a risk when you've got something pretty good and stable...

i kinda see this same situation reflected with your wife. It sounds to me like she's probably flirted with him a bit, maybe not really wanting anything to happen - just to see if it could. I dunno I'm hardly one to be handing out relationship advice

Flirty isn't my wife though. Shes very smiley, bubbley, cheerfull. Don't let my piece of shit divorce thread decieve you. These characteristics and (sp?)pahh..These all attracted me when I met her in China. She's just so outgoing that some people take it in the wrong direction and now that this pig is talking to her, he's thinking that she's flirting with him. Yeah, that text that she sent back to him could have been taken wrong in so many levels, such as not defending me and what not but, as said, she thought I was joking so... The cop was thinkin it's all a joke and replied with his stupid text.

Now since we've been talking about it, she realizes that she needs to slow down just a bit cause this cop is kinda creeping her out. Her job doesn't demand her to be flirtatious but, she needs to go out of her way to talk to cops and other law enforcement type people so that she can have some stories to print for her newspaper.

Lyman Zerga
10-12-2007, 05:07 AM
so do asians really eat human foetus or is it just some lame internet joke?

sorry i think that question has not much to do with this thread unless they would eat foetus for dinner..just saw some net pictures last night so tell me!

ericlee
10-12-2007, 05:27 AM
so do asians really eat human foetus or is it just some lame internet joke?

sorry i think that question has not much to do with this thread unless they would eat foetus for dinner..just saw some net pictures last night so tell me!

Do Germans really poo into each other's mouths? Oh sorry, I just watched South Park again.

tracky
10-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Flirty isn't my wife though. Shes very smiley, bubbley, cheerfull. Don't let my piece of shit divorce thread decieve you. These characteristics and (sp?)pahh..These all attracted me when I met her in China. She's just so outgoing that some people take it in the wrong direction and now that this pig is talking to her, he's thinking that she's flirting with him. Yeah, that text that she sent back to him could have been taken wrong in so many levels, such as not defending me and what not but, as said, she thought I was joking so... The cop was thinkin it's all a joke and replied with his stupid text.

Now since we've been talking about it, she realizes that she needs to slow down just a bit cause this cop is kinda creeping her out. Her job doesn't demand her to be flirtatious but, she needs to go out of her way to talk to cops and other law enforcement type people so that she can have some stories to print for her newspaper.

i guess only you can know the full situation here. but you know, she could just be saying that this guy is creeping her out now. she may genuinely want to get rid of him, but that doesn't mean that she didn't. And I don't think you can just dismiss the whole 'divorce' thing either, that was real and it happened, no matter how much things may have smoothed over now. I'm only going on what you're giving me here. But yeah it sounds like you just have to follow your instincts on this one.

Lyman Zerga
10-12-2007, 05:37 AM
Do Germans really poo into each other's mouths? Oh sorry, I just watched South Park again.

im no 'german' pig but yes they do

ericlee
10-12-2007, 05:45 AM
i guess only you can know the full situation here. but you know, she could just be saying that this guy is creeping her out now. she may genuinely want to get rid of him, but that doesn't mean that she didn't. And I don't think you can just dismiss the whole 'divorce' thing either, that was real and it happened, no matter how much things may have smoothed over now. I'm only going on what you're giving me here. But yeah it sounds like you just have to follow your instincts on this one.

I've totally dismissed the whole thread i've made. We both have seen the fury behind her thinking when she's went off. After the heat, we pretty much have talk sessions with each other or, AAR (after actions reports). She's softening up and she's telling me that it's alot of things piled up. One, she's a stranger in a strange land and believe me, NY is a pretty strange land. Two, her job is stressing her out.... Just yesterday, she had to do a report of a hooker that's been dead for two weeks inside of some lunatic's house. He kept her there for the fucking till she started to stink and his granma called the cops on him cause of the odor.. I mean, she used to teach english in China to moving to the middle East where I"d come home after a shootout and such.

She's only been in the states for a year as of two weeks ago. Shes just adjusting. She's reading the threads, part of my teaching her understanding how we talk and react and she's finding out that she shouldn't freak out so much.

On the other hand though, she's realizing that this cop is one real shitbag(y)

ericlee
10-12-2007, 05:47 AM
im no 'german' pig but yes they do

I only share vienna snausages with people I heart, Care for one?:)

Lyman Zerga
10-12-2007, 05:49 AM
I only share vienna snausages with people I heart, Care for one?:)

no

i guess your answer to my earlier question is fuck off that or you have no fucking clue

ericlee
10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
My true answer is do I really care what people eat? I've gotta stay away or down look people cause of what they eat? Or make a scene?

Now, Im offering Vienna sausages. People kill each other in prisons over these things. You want one?

Lyman Zerga
10-12-2007, 05:56 AM
i bet you would care if someone ate your wife's sushi :mad:

hpdrifter
10-12-2007, 10:36 AM
What is your deal?