PDA

View Full Version : Fucking statistics....

fucktopgirl
10-10-2007, 07:05 PM
:mad: I hate this class , dammit i do.

I comprehend a lot but it does not stimulate me so when it come to analyze the data and the correlation between them, it is just a freaking pain. Excel suck too by the way. IT's been almost 16 hours i work on this fucking work and i still have like 2-3 hours to put. I stop here for now, Tomorrow morning or else i will kill somebody!

Since i start Uni, it is the only class that i despise.

Sorry, i just need to vent!

ScarySquirrel
10-10-2007, 07:32 PM
I had a stats class too... it didn't seem that bad. But, then again, I think I had a really good professor. The only homework we had to do he didn't even check, but instead went through it with us to make sure we understood the material. Our only grades in the class were our exams, so I guess if you really didn't get it you were pretty screwed.

Or you could just go talk to the dude in his office hours. The guy was mad accessible.

Anyway, good luck with your stats, miss. I'm sure you'll be fine.

cosmo105
10-10-2007, 07:49 PM
never had to take stat, thank god, but ochem is pretty much railing me from behind

Laver1969
10-10-2007, 07:54 PM
IT's been almost 16 hours i work on this fucking work and i still have like 2-3 hours to put. I stop here for now, Tomorrow morning or else i will kill somebody!

Look at this way...if you have 3 more hours left then you're 84.2% of the way there. And if you have 2 more hours left, then you're 88.8% done.

Kid Presentable
10-11-2007, 08:10 AM
I am so shit at maths I went to two tutorials a week for stats. In the end I did really well, but it wasn't easy.

I have a unit at present (Marketing Law) that's a bit crazy. I did well in the written application test we sat a while back, but the style of question we've got for the Multi-Choice test is ridiculous. There will be 4 choices, with only one word wrong in the 3 incorrect ones, and we have to memorize the legislation exactly. Great for law students. For me, not so much.

AceFace
10-11-2007, 08:33 AM
:mad: I hate this class , dammit i do.

Excel suck too by the way.

Excel is the Devil's handywork.

Teh
10-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Excel is one of the most useful comp programs ever, seriously. It's a bit overwhelming at first because there's so much to it, but once you've used a few functions and all that it makes life so much easier.

Especially for iterative calculations, yeeeeah.

Saying that though, i hate statistics also. Fucking useless in my opinion, or at least in the context i've had to use them.

Bob
10-11-2007, 09:48 AM
stastics show that at any given moment, 3% of the people in the world are fucking

Teh
10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Statistics show that 99.9% of statistics are wrong.

fucktopgirl
10-11-2007, 10:23 AM
DONE DEAL...

At this point i don't really care what my score will be but for sure i will pass, i mean i passed 19 hours on this so...

I do think that this course is kinda useless , that said the only benefit that i can see is that i can understand a bit how they make statistics and all that shit. And a lot of the time they are falsified. Because when you know, understand this shit you can dramatically manipulate it.

When i will be done with this course, the information learned will go in a drawer in my mind were i will eventually forget about. My teacher is pretty cool tho and you can email him and talk to him after course , he is very generous of his time. I had him last session in methodology and i had a A but this time is quite different because you have to have right answer. But he did specified numerous time that he is not here to fail us but to teach us. I don't have problems with the maths per se, although the formulas for the probability is quite something, i was pretty good in school but like i said, the interpretation and the impact of some data , this i have a little bit more difficulties.

Anyway , will see but once again

FUCK STATS!!