PDA

View Full Version : needing to know why

beastieangel01
10-11-2007, 09:52 AM
sometimes people just act a certain way seemingly out of no where. And I wish I were able to accept it and move on or let it go but if I don't get an explination why... my mind becomes obsessed with it and I, apparently, even have stress dreams needing to know why.

And I really hate that. Because I am two seconds from calling someone to ask why, but then my pride gets in the way and I don't want to bother. Regardless, I keep getting pulled back and forther between these two extremes.

Blah!

Bob
10-11-2007, 09:55 AM
i don't know what you're talking about

hpdrifter
10-11-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been there. When you start to get those thoughts just imagine in your mind what will happen if you call. You call, he or she does or says the same things they always do, you don't get what you're looking for, and you continue to be unsatisfied. And you'll be pissed at yourself for giving in.

It sucks. But don't call, it'll a vicious cycle that will only leave you feeling low.

beastieangel01
10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
I've been there. When you start to get those thoughts just imagine in your mind what will happen if you call. You call, he or she does or says the same things they always do, you don't get what you're looking for, and you continue to be unsatisfied. And you'll be pissed at yourself for giving in.

It sucks. But don't call, it'll a vicious cycle that will only leave you feeling low.

yeah I probably shouldn't but I want to know why so much that I feel like I am going nuts. I think the fact that I had a dream about the person last night, along with the plethora of other stress that just hit within the past 24 hours, has pushed me to this slight insanity.

Maybe I'll have to smack the answer out of him.

haha. Okay not really.

Bob
10-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Why do you need to know?

OH, now i get it

NoFenders
10-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Well, my Pops says, When you're 20, you're worried about what people think of ya. When you're 40, you don't care what people think of ya. When you're 60, you realise nobody was ever thinking of ya. With that logic, I say, screw the head trips. Go eat somewhere new.

:cool:

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, my Pops says, When you're 20, you're worried about what people think of ya. When you're 40, you don't care what people think of ya. When you're 60, you realise nobody was ever thinking of ya. With that logic, I say, screw the head trips. Go eat somewhere new.

:cool:

i think it mainly matters on your self esteem level, not age

ms.peachy
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
i think it mainly matters on your self esteem level, not age

Actually, that's not entirely true. There is a recognised psychological condition that takes hold during adolescence wherein they imagine themselves to be almost "on stage", thinking that everyone is looking at them and judging them. It's related to the development of individual identity. (This is more pronounced in Western cultures, where individual rights are often prioritised over that of the collective group.) Then ya grow out of it.

Otis Driftwood
10-11-2007, 01:22 PM
I think, you need to post the youtube link to that funny "Why must I cry" video, Randy. :D

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 01:33 PM
Actually, that's not entirely true. There is a recognised psychological condition that takes hold during adolescence wherein they imagine themselves to be almost "on stage", thinking that everyone is looking at them and judging them. It's related to the development of individual identity. (This is more pronounced in Western cultures, where individual rights are often prioritised over that of the collective group.) Then ya grow out of it.

well im pretty sure when my self esteem stays shit like this then ill still care 50 years later what people think of me

people with a weak self esteem are way more sensitive about this shit

SHIT good to see we are on the same intellectual level lol

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
I think, you need to post the youtube link to that funny "Why must I cry" video, Randy. :D

tell me whyyyyyyyyy

Videodrome
10-11-2007, 05:00 PM

:cool:(y)

Bob
10-11-2007, 05:29 PM
tell me whyyyyyyyyy

cuz i want it that way

Bitchamachacha
10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
sometimes people just act a certain way seemingly out of no where. And I wish I were able to accept it and move on or let it go but if I don't get an explination why... my mind becomes obsessed with it and I, apparently, even have stress dreams needing to know why.

And I really hate that. Because I am two seconds from calling someone to ask why, but then my pride gets in the way and I don't want to bother. Regardless, I keep getting pulled back and forther between these two extremes.

Blah!

I do the EXACT same thing, but mainly when it comes to people of the opposite sex.

Grrr.. boys!

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 05:31 PM
cuz i want it that way

no :(

DandyFop
10-11-2007, 06:16 PM
It's because we're chicks and we have to over analyze every fucking thing and we are too freaked out to just stand the fuck up and say WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING I DON'T FUCKING UNDERSTAND, DO YOU LIKE ME OR DO YOU ONLY WANT TO BONE ME OR IS ALL THIS TALK ABOUT GETTING SKI PASSES JUST A FRIEND THING OR UGHHHHH JUST FUCKING TELL ME YOU LIKE ME GOD DAMMIT.

Okay that last thing was more specific, but you catch my drift.