PDA

View Full Version : Haunted Vacations...

cookiepuss
10-11-2007, 04:25 PM
I want to take a trip to the Hotel that inspired Stephen king to write "The Shinning"
THE STANLEY HOTEL (http://www.stanleyhotel.com/)

It's been featured on scifi channel's "Ghost Hunters" several times. I was watching it last night...and while I'm fully aware that some of thier "evidence" is most likely tampered with for tv (it's tv they need results...no one will watch if they don't find anything ever) it was still fun to watch and I got creeped out in a few parts. I think it would be kick ass to stay there and see for my self if I expereince any paranormal activity. While I might not beleive in TV, I do beleive in paranormal activity and I've had several expereinces in the past.

So would you take a haunted vacation? Where would you go?????

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
i believe in ghosts and all that jazz but im also extremely afraid of them and would do anything to not get in touch but why not? i mean unless youre not such a pee pee pants like me

cookiepuss
10-11-2007, 04:39 PM
I think getting all scared would be the fun part. (y)

BangkokB
10-11-2007, 04:45 PM
I dig macabre vacations: I've been to Cambodia's Killing Fields 2x and the Tsoul Sleng Genocide Museum a number of times. They show the killers of where they were then and where they are now~ Driving your taxi, serving your food, carrying your luggage to your hotel room. They've acclimated into society. These same people that went into rituals of killing people~ Slowly. I don't buy it and it puts me on edge. When I went to a gun range I thought I'd be killed for my shoes....Aside from that

I'd like to go to Auschwitz and My Lai

Where Dachau was is now condo's~ Imagine That

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
I think getting all scared would be the fun part. (y)

seems youre just scared as in 'ghost train' scared but im actually so scared of those things that i have to close my eyes all tightly anytime i pass a dark room so i cant see any lol, i seriuosly cant think of anything that im more afraid of

Lyman Zerga
10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
I'd like to go to Auschwitz

i think theres still lots of "bad" energy at such places

my sister (and others) almost had to throw up when they passed the 'todes stiege'

yeah but i would be interested to go there anyway, so far ive only seen ww2 museums which already felt weird enough

BangkokB
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
I Agree 100% ~ That's what makes it intense. Mainly, the evil that men will do when told to. The Milgram Experiment, the 3rd Wave, and the Stanford Prison Experiment...All mind bending Extravaganzas

Knuckles
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
I don't live too far away from here (http://axgxhxoxsxt.tripod.com/investigations/id5.html).

It's supposed to be haunted.

DandyFop
10-11-2007, 10:38 PM
Huh, on the Stanley Hotel's site they have a section with short reviews from guests. I wonder how hard it would be to hack in there and have one written up by one Daniel T.

"This hotel is beautiful when it's not driving your father to insanity or causing you to have terrifying visions of some twins slaughtered in a hall way. Favorite past times where watching a guy in a bear suit blow a guy, and hanging out in that cool maze! Plus there was this black dude that knew I liked ice cream. Private parties featuring new favorite Sexy Chick In Bathroom, or the old standard Old Chick Whose Titties Are Rotting Off In Bathroom. $10 lap dance discount coupon available at a local Philips 66!"

cookiepuss
10-11-2007, 10:48 PM
yeah, The Stanley cashes in on the haunted thing for sure. supposedly they play "The Shinning" movie on channel 60, 24 hours a day (even though it's filmed at a different hotel in Oregon. heh)

and yet I still wanna go check it out...room 408 baby!!!:eek:

I don't live too far from winchester mystery house...I haven't been there though. I was just thinking I should go. I wonder if it's creepy during the day?

Some other ghost hunter show is doing a 6 hour broadcast there halloween night. I think It's the travel Channels "most Haunted". I can't stand that show. they have these wanker psychic people on thier investigations..."oooooohhhh I feel the spirit of a young girl. M her name starts with "M".:rolleyes: At least TAPS tries to look for logical explanations for the phenomenon.

kll
10-11-2007, 10:57 PM
my b/f and i have been planning a trip to virginia city, nv for a long time now and have specific hotels and rooms we want to stay in. we have been watching Ghosthunters on SciFi for years and have also discussed going to the Stanley Hotel. We did stay on the Queen Mary a couple of years back (while seeing the Beastie Boys in Long Beach) and even took our video camera to record night vision in the room, but didn't get much farther than that.

we are definitely into it.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-12-2007, 09:01 PM
I've been to St. Augustine Florida, and it was fucking Ace. Thier lighthouse has been on the discovery channel many times, and theres a wax museum there where they filmed the origional house of wax and it's all reported to be haunted. The bay there was origionally called "Massacre bay" by the natives because there was a spanish fort right beside it and a ton of wars were fought there, and they said the bay ran red.

It was awesome, I'd love to go there again, but I'd like to go to Alcatraz. (y)

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 10:42 AM
It was awesome, I'd love to go there again, but I'd like to go to Alcatraz. (y)

been in the bay area almost my whole life and I've never done the tourist thing to alcatraz. I'm pretty bummed that I wasn't able to take advantage of an opportunity I had to go on a private tour (AT NIGHT) through a friend of mine who was a Park Ranger at the time. i6t probably would have been awesome.:(

hpdrifter
10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
I don't live too far away from here (http://axgxhxoxsxt.tripod.com/investigations/id5.html).

It's supposed to be haunted.

Oh shit, I did not know that. When I was engaged I considered having my wedding there.

hpdrifter
10-15-2007, 10:53 AM

my sister (and others) almost had to throw up when they passed the 'todes stiege'

Yeah, I agree. My sister went there and said the same thing.

My friend Tina went and said it has a weird smell.

*shudder*

Nivvie
10-15-2007, 12:40 PM
My mum stayed in a haunted hotel room. A little boy chimney sweep had got stuck in the chimney a couple of hundred years previously, and no one ever managed to get the body out (hence the haunted part)
Anyway, her and her sister stayed in the room, and the owner taped the experience for you to justify the extra money.

She said it was extra cold, but they both slept fine. The tapes had a bumps and knocks on it, but then a) it could have been a fake tapes given to everyone, and b) my house is bloody cold and a good 300 years old and so makes non-stop noises all night too. Those mice in the walls and birds under the roof create all kind of havoc. I regularly wake up with my heart pounding and think "What the fuck was that!!"

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 01:01 PM
hummm...I just found out this place is suppose to be haunted (http://www.madronamanor.com/history.htm) and it's only about 20 minutes from where I live.(y) that could make for a fun weekend close to home.

ghosts said to be present: A ghost nicknamed Elsie haunts the dining room, and the spirit of a little girl is said to haunt room 101.

it is rather pricey however. I wanna go where the cheap ghost hang out.

paul jones
10-15-2007, 01:04 PM
sounds good.go for it!(y)

Loppfessor
10-16-2007, 12:37 AM
Dude great idea....my girlfriend and I want to take trip to Europe and stay at all the haunted locations we can find