PDA

View Full Version : Simon Pegg is set to play Scotty in new Star Trek film

DandyFop
10-13-2007, 02:05 AM
THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME

Plus the Asian guy from Harold & Kumar, I like that guy.

This movie might not be too bad.

But I do think Matt Damon might be a good kirk even though he won't be. I donno.

roosta
10-13-2007, 04:58 AM
THAT IS FUCKING AWESOME

Plus the Asian guy from Harold & Kumar, I like that guy.

This movie might not be too bad.

But I do think Matt Damon might be a good kirk even though he won't be. I donno.

yeah, Damon's too old they say, but he would have been good.

Are they gonna make this look like the old 60s series? or do a Star Wars and make it all shiney and new?

Will Klingons have Mars Bars stuck to their foreheads?

Will Uhuru have her ass out?

Teh
10-13-2007, 08:54 AM
HE'S NOT FUCKING SCOTTISH!!

Not that the original one was i suppose. But he was a bit Irish.

They should get someone Scottish to do it. As much as i like Simon Pegg, the person gots to be Scottish.

But not Ewan McGregor, or Mike Meyers.

AceFace
10-13-2007, 11:28 AM
i THINK the premise is going to be old Spock (Leonard Nemoy has been cast) going back in time to where they in starfleet academy or their first "trek". i think they're trying to cast a Christopher Pike as well.

it's been pretty hush hush but the actors are supposed to be very young. i like who they got to play uhura, she's super pretty.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/news/article/2307054.html

BBboy20
10-13-2007, 12:26 PM
...I never understood why Abrams needed to touch the original series in the first place; yes, I know that Star Trek hasn't been the most successful but you'd think they would figure something out with new shit that can be successful; the Original cast is just too damn sacred (Or at least all the important ones for that matter). >_<

I love Simon Pegg but even I don't feel like he should get invovled.

paul jones
10-14-2007, 03:53 PM
BAD IDEA

Shatner= Kirk
Nimoy= Spock

etc etc

I live in fear that Star Wars will be remade one day

jeeez:(

DandyFop
10-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Yes i think overall it's a horrible idea but if it's going to happen anyway I guess I'll play along