PDA

View Full Version : Welp, my one year mobile phone contract expires today and I've had my scopes on....

ericlee
10-13-2007, 02:26 PM
The Iphone. That piece of gadget has been amazing me ever since I've been doing reviews on it. Yeah, it gets it's bad shares of comments but, so does drunken sex with a midget.

It's very ideal for my commute to work and also while Im at work with my tumb up my ass wondering what the hell I'm gonna do for the next 8 hours. Yep, I'm pretty hyped about this.

ericlee
10-15-2007, 04:48 PM
yep I got it on saturday. Im on it now at work. Not bad at all and the rate isn't too bad either with the free net browsing which I make good use of. I still need to get use to the keypad with my hotdog fingers though.

Its a pretty fun toy and the movies look amazing. I was wanting to get one for the wife too but they don't have white ones yet and it's the only color she wants. No games come with it though. It figures, ya gotta buy em.

ericlee
10-15-2007, 05:31 PM
for an 8 gig with a nice case, it set me back $470.00. My monthly is $79.00 which has 900 mins, 200 texts and free internet.

befsquire
10-16-2007, 11:25 PM
i'm looking at the iphone, as well as a few others. i like at&t as a carrier, so i'm not looking to switch, which of course limits my phone choices. i like the at&t tilt, but it looks a bit chunky. however, it would allow me to go to court and leave my laptop on my desk. i don't know that the iphone would be as capable for work shit, because i want to synch my calendar. what's the iphone calendar like?

if i don't get the tilt, and i'm just getting a phone for, oh, i dunno, use as a phone, then the iphone is back in, as is the new razr v3xxx, the lg trax, and the nokia n75.

bobby thinks i've already made up my mind, and that my iphone will be delivered tomorrow.

so, help me make up my mind.

ericlee
10-16-2007, 11:52 PM
Eh, I've only had a look at the calander for a coupla minutes. It seems very suitable for any job and it has it all broken down by the hours for planning events. It will be able to sync with your laptop too.

The only thing that doesn't amaze me about it is the camera. Sure, you don't buy a mobile for the camera but it's always nice to take decent pics with a cell phone cause it's always on me. My old mobile took excellent photos, this one here takes kinda crappy photos.

The internet is great and fast on it. I like how I can enlarge the pages to get a better look and also the photos look real nice on it. Great screen quality.

I gotta thank my wife for letting me get this. I was just gonna get something normal and she said that I may as well get this and I'm quite happy.

befsquire
10-17-2007, 12:15 AM
so, it could synch with my non-apple laptop? my calendar is through outlook. and would emails on my work email server be available, and show up immediately along with some alert?

ericlee
10-17-2007, 12:29 AM
yeah, you don't need an Apple laptop to sync your stuff with. I'm almost but not 100 percent sure that it can open outlook. I haven't really tried though, I've been puttin movies and music on it and doing alot of web surfing as well.