PDA

View Full Version : All questions military..

ericlee
10-14-2007, 05:40 AM
please, please ask em here. I'm gettin tired of the ole, "u.s. warmachine" "brainless zombie killer' "baby killer" all of those comments from people who would rather find the darkness of the military- soldiers, sailors, marines..

My FIRST branch of the military that I give at least 99.8% of my respect goes to the AIR FORCE. That's right Lopp, better buckle up for this one, coming from an old 11bravo grunt such as myself.....You thought you'd never hear this from meh..

Air Force Para Rescue..I respect those guys more than Army Rangers. Yep, it's harsh and brutal for me to say it but.... Para Rescue saves a huge majority of the dog sled teams that have wondered off track with no devices to get em back on track The U.S. Airforce para rescue team happens to be there. Yeah, the coast guard will occasionally show up but, a good airforce para rescue team will already have the situation under control.

Hopefully that paragraph is breakin the gi-phobia for some of ya. I'm all huff, huff, save a life. Not all click, click... Take a life for the core...

Please give me some questions about the military. Just stand fast and i'll return with answers as soon as ya'll can hurry up and wait.

Lex Diamonds
10-14-2007, 05:48 AM
Is it actually that hard getting through the training and shit or is it just pampered upper middle class pussies that whine about it in books and shit?

Also, what's the pay like? I mean, when you're at a barracks the accomodation and food is free, right? So you must be able to save up quite a bit of salary?

Loppfessor
10-14-2007, 06:13 AM
Excellent topic dude….you’re probably better equipped to have an actual discussion bout this stuff cus I get too fired up. A lot of people on here have all the negative stereotypes in their minds already and post such stupid shit that I can’t help but get pissed. Anyway I may chime in with my own experiences in a bit if you don’t mind

Drederick Tatum
10-14-2007, 06:23 AM
what does napalm taste like?

Freebasser
10-14-2007, 07:03 AM
Where do I get my grenades at?

ericlee
10-14-2007, 07:06 AM
Is it actually that hard getting through the training and shit or is it just pampered upper middle class pussies that whine about it in books and shit?

Also, what's the pay like? I mean, when you're at a barracks the accomodation and food is free, right? So you must be able to save up quite a bit of salary?

Hahaha. The training is actually done through the real life motivational speakers. The Drill Sergeants. You can take their speeches either two ways. One, "damn, that mofo's fuckin harsh and funny", or "wah, this is against my religion".

Waking up to thick aluminum or even steel trashcans being thrown across the floor by a coupla goons wearing the brown rounds with tightly pressed BDU's at 5 in the Am, after pullin fireguard all night. Hahaha, fireguard. Anyone who's been in the military knows what basic training fire guard is..

It's all a brain fuck and you'd better be prepared for some harsh stuff. The pay? man, i've never thought of it as a paycheck. Money just came, added up and ......POW!!! I'm off to Air Assualt School to be a dope on a rope. It's a two hundred per month pay increase and not just that, you get a cool patch to display above your breast pocket.

ericlee
10-14-2007, 07:11 AM
Excellent topic dude….you’re probably better equipped to have an actual discussion bout this stuff cus I get too fired up. A lot of people on here have all the negative stereotypes in their minds already and post such stupid shit that I can’t help but get pissed. Anyway I may chime in with my own experiences in a bit if you don’t mind

Yessir. You never know anything, I don't care if you read books about it from 0300 to 2400hrs. You'lll never know whats up unless you've been through it like Lopp and I. Get fired up bro, you're a veteran and still serving a very decent branch of the military. Alot of good planes, and jets are in good use. Other than War Machines.

ericlee
10-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Where do I get my grenades at?

Dammit, you and DrederickT.. Dammit, dammit, Ahahahabwahs. Snicker doodleville. For all ya grenades. Boom, bif, LOL. period.

kaiser soze
10-14-2007, 08:06 AM
Well Thanks, being prior A.F. I am honored by your respect

Concerning the whole "baby killer", it's sad to say but some of our soldiers are out of control in the Middle East and have become cold hearted rapists, murderers, and teasers (the video with the guys being chased down with the water). This war is taking its toll on our men and women and unfortunately some of them have forgotten what honor, integrity, and duty stands for. Recruiting standards have dropped so some scum are slipping through and these are not the type of people I want REPRESENTING our nation as soldiers fighting for freedom, justice, and liberty. In the eyes of thousands of innocent children, women, and men over there (and quite possibly throughout the world) they are no better than the terrorists.

Let's not even get into Blackwater....looks like they are proving they are shitbags all by themselves

fuck this war

Loppfessor
10-14-2007, 08:25 AM

Concerning the whole "baby killer", it's sad to say but some of our soldiers are out of control in the Middle East and have become cold hearted rapists, murderers, and teasers (the video with the guys being chased down with the water). This war is taking its toll on our men and women and unfortunately some of them have forgotten what honor, integrity, and duty stands for. Recruiting standards have dropped so some scum are slipping through and these are not the type of people I want REPRESENTING our nation as soldiers fighting for freedom, justice, and liberty. In the eyes of thousands of innocent children, women, and men over there (and quite possibly throughout the world) they are no better than the terrorists.

Let's not even get into Blackwater....looks like they are proving they are shitbags all by themselves

fuck this war

The people you are talking about are the vast vast....vaaaaast minority. A few assholes tarnish the reputation of us all and the media doesn't help matters. Any time a servicemember does something bad it's headline news but you almost never hear about the good things that are done.

mikizee
10-14-2007, 09:04 AM
I know quite a few people that have been in the australian defence forces, army, navy, air force and SAS, and they all have fairly low regard for american military. 'All the great gear, no idea' is the typical saying. I recall one guy who used to be in the airforce and he was telling me how he noticed when doing exercises with the US that aussie soldiers and technicians etc are all multi skilled and multi trained, but the american counterparts were only trained on one thing and one thing only.

I don't mean this to be a give-shit-to-US-army thing and I don't know how true any of it is, but every single person from the military i've talked to about this have all pretty much said the same thing.

kaiser soze
10-14-2007, 09:24 AM
The people you are talking about are the vast vast....vaaaaast minority. A few assholes tarnish the reputation of us all and the media doesn't help matters. Any time a servicemember does something bad it's headline news but you almost never hear about the good things that are done.

Agreed, I am not blaming the military as a whole, but I do believe that some good people have gone for the worse because of the stress of this "war" on top of the bad apples that have made their way in. I think it is unfair that the world doesn't hear about the success in the Middle East, but good news doesn't sell as well as bad news.

I appreciate the service of our men and women being a vet myself. What I do not agree with is the fact that our military is being used as tool for an occupation that is quickly losing credibility in the eyes of millions of Americans and the world.

Thanks again for serving, I know what our military should be used for and this "war" isn't one of them.

ericlee
10-14-2007, 09:24 AM

fuck this war

It's not this war that's turining these people to do such horrid acts. It's the people in general, not listening to their training or not heeding to it. Instead they take their own selfish acts into their own hands and make an excuse to work their own sick creations while in the military.

I'll tell ya what. It mainly depends on the commanding officers/NCOs from above to make a tightly runned platoon. No disicipline or too much can make a group run way too free willed.

When I was platoon Sgt, you wanted to be in my platoon. You would be standing in a different platoon and see my group's morale. Nobody in my platoon had remorse or envy towards anybody. In fact, if you raped someone and dared to show your face to me afterwards.. I'lll drive you into the ground. Make your new battle dress uniform a straight jacket., I don't put up with that shit man. Green or not. I don't put up with it.

ericlee
10-14-2007, 09:30 AM
I know quite a few people that have been in the australian defence forces, army, navy, air force and SAS, and they all have fairly low regard for american military. 'All the great gear, no idea' is the typical saying. I recall one guy who used to be in the airforce and he was telling me how he noticed when doing exercises with the US that aussie soldiers and technicians etc are all multi skilled and multi trained, but the american counterparts were only trained on one thing and one thing only.

I don't mean this to be a give-shit-to-US-army thing and I don't know how true any of it is, but every single person from the military i've talked to about this have all pretty much said the same thing.

Most ideas bad are caused by the us army today. They're heading towards the path of no tradition in their recruiting process. all branches are gettin too laxed to be exact.

I'm sickened. Work as a civilian in an armsroom overseas and service weapons for national guardsman and reservists...

HEIRESS
10-14-2007, 09:45 AM
hypothetically would you rather be serving under bush, hitler, stalin, or pol pot?

HEIRESS
10-14-2007, 09:46 AM
and

what is the current punishment or fine for going AWOL?

Freebasser
10-14-2007, 10:23 AM
What do you do when you want to differentiate between an event that happened at the weekend involving your testicles/woman's mouth, and an armoured 4x4 commonly used in military manoeuvres?

Huh, HUH?

Yes, I know the correct term for the original military vehicle is HumVee, but I don't care, ok?

Schmeltz
10-14-2007, 10:28 AM
I'm gettin tired of the ole, "u.s. warmachine" "brainless zombie killer' "baby killer" all of those comments from people who would rather find the darkness of the military

If you think it's bad down there try living in Canada and even touching on the subject of potentially joining the military (which I still haven't ruled out for myself). A lot of people seem to be unable to get past the darker aspects of the whole thing and see the bigger picture.

I've been studying military history for five years and lots of my modern history classes have touched on the shellshock/battle fatigue/Gulf War Syndrome/PTSD factor that afflicts a lot of vets and is turning into a mounting issue for soldiers returning from Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you see a lot of that when you were over there, or have you noticed it in fellow veterans? You seem like a pretty stable and well-centered guy - how did you keep it all from getting to your head, when others don't seem to have been able to? If you don't mind me asking.

Bob
10-14-2007, 11:09 AM
why are there so many homeless veterans? does it just seem to be disproportionately high, or does the world just kind of turn their back on them once they come home?

Documad
10-14-2007, 12:58 PM
why are there so many homeless veterans? does it just seem to be disproportionately high, or does the world just kind of turn their back on them once they come home?

I'm not the threadstarter so I'm not supposed to be answering, but we only support our troops in the sense that we will buy magnets made in China and put them on our cars. We don't support the troops in the sense that we will pay for their long-term medical and mental health needs.

Most veterans are well adjusted. I work with many Vietnam vets and you wouldn't have known that they had ever been in combat until you go to some kind of dinner honoring them and you see the photos and you hear speeches from their old buddies. The vets who actually fought in some kind of foreign conflict don't tend to wear it on their sleeves.

There are others who didn't adjust well, or who appeared to adjust well but never got the proper care at the time. I have a family member who was shot by his own men in shady circumstances in a foreign war and it took decades for him to talk about it. He had to get to a point where he had no place to live before he admitted he needed help.

Loppfessor
10-14-2007, 01:02 PM
hypothetically would you rather be serving under bush, hitler, stalin, or pol pot?

hypothetically.....I wish you would jump off a bridge....no wait that's how I really feel

HEIRESS
10-14-2007, 01:07 PM
I must look like one of your ex-girlfriends or something. because I can think of nothing else that would explain your retarded behavior towards me.

*awaits response probably involving "as IF like I would EVER date anyone as stupid and ugly as you"

Freebasser
10-14-2007, 01:28 PM
He's pulling your hair and running away, he's pulling your hair and running awaaaaaaaaaaay.

Loppfessor
10-14-2007, 02:03 PM
I must look like one of your ex-girlfriends or something. because I can think of nothing else that would explain your retarded behavior towards me.

*awaits response probably involving "as IF like I would EVER date anyone as stupid and ugly as you"

Fist off you only become ugly when you open your mouth...or should I say type shit. The instant that happens you lose any bit of beauty you had physically to begin with. I hate you cus you're a self centered, no substance, attention whore who rarely contributes anything useful to this board. A good example of your ignorance is the first post you wrote in this thread.....you are pretty much a waste of human

Tone Capone
10-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Right on brother.

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 03:06 PM
how come nobody cares that im a self centered attention whore?

Tone Capone
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
how come nobody cares that im a self centered attention whore?

Because we all love you.

Lyman Zerga
10-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Fist off you only become ugly when you open your mouth...or should I say type shit. The instant that happens you lose any bit of beauty you had physically to begin with. I hate you cus you're a self centered, no substance, attention whore who rarely contributes anything useful to this board. A good example of your ignorance is the first post you wrote in this thread.....you are pretty much a waste of human

thats what the military does to you

Tone Capone
10-14-2007, 03:11 PM
thats what the military does to you

Being in the military gives you an opinion???

Seriously. You are better than that. I know it.

How have you been by the way?

Lyman Zerga
10-14-2007, 03:21 PM
Being in the military gives you an opinion???

Seriously. You are better than that. I know it.

How have you been by the way?

yes and

maybe i should better say 'this is what the military can do to you' but thats not rude enough and god knows what for a self centered attention whore i am

and im not better than that and how are you, baby killer :mad:

HEIRESS
10-14-2007, 03:32 PM

I really shouldn't keep egging you on just for my own reading enjoyment.
so I truly do apologize.
its such a dirty (and apparently self centered, substance-less. attention-whoring) habit.
tsk tsk.
but I really do get a kick out of reading your hate-posts, so keep up the good work, on and off the field, captain.

ma belle
10-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Amazing thread, really insightful.

I wish the US Army would stop bombing the shit out of everywhere else and start doing it within their own borders. Then you'd all change your tunes. They're not saving us all... we don't want to be saved by them. It's just pyramid sales gone to its natural conclusion.

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 12:06 AM
I really shouldn't keep egging you on just for my own reading enjoyment.
so I truly do apologize.
its such a dirty (and apparently self centered, substance-less. attention-whoring) habit.
tsk tsk.
but I really do get a kick out of reading your hate-posts, so keep up the good work, on and off the field, captain.

It really doesn't count as taking the "high road" and trying to come off as the bigger person if you're the one who asked me why I'm a dick to you in the first place.....nice try though. I'm not surprised you couldn't come up with anything more clever why don't you just stick to posting things like "OMG my socks don't match today LOLZ(y)"

Drederick Tatum
10-15-2007, 02:46 AM
you need to move on, dude. your accusations could apply to 90% of people on this board.

roosta
10-15-2007, 03:31 AM
How many babies do you get to kill in the u.s. warmachine or as its also known the brainless zombie killer army?

mikizee
10-15-2007, 04:29 AM
How many babies do you get to kill in the u.s. warmachine or as its also known the brainless zombie killer army?

I heard if you reach your quota of 20 within the first 2 years of service you get a card from subway that lets you upgrade from a 6 inch to a footlong for free (y)

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 04:52 AM
I heard if you reach your quota of 20 within the first 2 years of service you get a card from subway that lets you upgrade from a 6 inch to a footlong for free (y)

If you get 30 Jared hand delivers it to you!!

Bob
10-15-2007, 07:19 AM

listen man, you don't know what it's like. you don't "get" to kill babies, you more or less have to. have you ever walked into a town and been assaulted by a platoon of babies? have you ever put your hand into a pile of babies that used to be your best friend's face? would you know what to do?!

mikizee
10-15-2007, 07:35 AM
Forget it, Bob.

It's Chinatown.