10-14-2007, 10:55 PM
trampoline!
mini dirt bike!
go cart!
pet python!
gameboy!

Yetra Flam
10-14-2007, 10:57 PM
a fuckin gameboy and some rollerblades. back in like, 1995 or something.
But now that i'm a grownup i buy heaps of awesome stuff i wanted as a kid. I have shitloads of lego now, some awesome figurines and i eat all the candy i want.

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:08 PM
i remember walking into the department store with my mom and looking at the trampoline hanging on the wall.

MOM MOM MOM! LOOK LOOK LOOK!

....don't be stupid

:(

Yetra Flam
10-14-2007, 11:10 PM
i got my leg caught between some of the springs in a trampoline once :(

cosmo105
10-14-2007, 11:13 PM
fuck yeah a trampoline!
pow pow powerwheels
innumerable barbie homes
a slide for the pool
a big sister (never understood why they couldn't make that happen)

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:16 PM
i wanted an assassin the kill my brother

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I always wanted an Oscar Meyer weenie whistle.
and one of those things that you sat on and spun yourself around and around.
And one of those sweet big wheels. Damn I would have killed for a big wheel. :(

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:29 PM
that super soaker with the water pack you strapped to your back!

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:39 PM
well i have never nearly died

cosmo105
10-14-2007, 11:41 PM
that super soaker with the water pack you strapped to your back!

for my 8th birthday i remember getting the one that had a tank you attached to your hip AND a reserve on your back and it had a headpiece with a microphone that you yelled FIRE FIRE FIRE (or anything, really) into and it shot from your headpiece straight in front of you...about four feet

IT WAS AWESOME

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:42 PM
bitch

cosmo105
10-14-2007, 11:47 PM
yeah, that was probably the most amazing toy i ever had.

i remember really really wanting a pottery wheel, and one birthday i got a crappy motorized kids' one, and it was really loud and sucked and came with shitty clay...i ended up just making a crappy pitcher with my hands and the wheel never came out of the closet again :(

i REALLY wanted those blocks they used to advertise all the time, that linked together...can't remember the name, but they came with glow in the dark ones! holy shit.

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:49 PM
flexi blocks?

cosmo105
10-14-2007, 11:53 PM
OH MY GOD YES

they were probably really horrible quality but by god i wanted them

TurdBerglar
10-14-2007, 11:54 PM
i had them

the only thing good about them was that you could make tank tracks with them.

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
Parents who loved me.:(

I would've traded that for a freakin Power Wheel!

paul jones
10-15-2007, 07:56 AM
more stormtroopers figures when I was collecting all the Star Wars ones plus the millenium falcon.My cousin had everything and loads of stormtroopers.I only had one fucking stormtrooper which I eventually managed to lose somehow

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 08:03 AM
more stormtroopers figures when I was collecting all the Star Wars ones plus the millenium falcon.My cousin had everything and loads of stormtroopers.I only had one fucking stormtrooper which I eventually managed to lose somehow

Dude! I had the same problem with the blue generic Cobra guys! On TV there were hundreds but I only had one....why didn't my mom understand that??!! :mad:

tracky
10-15-2007, 08:24 AM
we had a trampolne. man that ruled (y) Yeah seriously man you missed out there. I think it's almost like aussie tradition to have a trampoline. Or maybe not? I dunno but I remember many years spent on that thing. And the kids down the road had one between the tree house cubby and the pool. Suprisingly I don't remember any serious injuries from that...

I always just wanted more marbles, bigger marbles and better marbles. there was one kid who had the ballbearing out of fuck knows what, but it was at least a couple of inches across. he never played it but that was probably like the ultimate steely. Anyone else remember galaxies? *reminisces*

On a similar note to marbles was the yo-yos - but not to as big a degree. There was all sorts of different ones but I seem to recall something about glowing coca-cola yo-yos. Nice marketing boys (y)

Radio controlled cars. I still do. I want remote control everything. They used to race them in the car park of the local supermarket on sundays (shops open sunday now) and that was something I aspired to. Unfortunately an expensive aspiration. I had a few cars, the one I remember the most was called a Hornet. Took a stack of AA batteries and they ran out in minutes :p

Looking back I had a pretty fulfilling childhood, most of the things I wanted I could live without and most of the things I had were enough. Of course I would've loved to have built a scalectrix track around the entire shed, but covering the ping pong table was plenty. Just like I would've loved more technics lego. mechano was aight too, built some killer cranes ;) :p

More pizza

MC Moot
10-15-2007, 08:36 AM
Well as a Canadian kid I wanted a gun,cause that what just never gonna happen.....I would have settled for a Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle!....but noooooo....someone might have put their eye out!......:mad:

abcdefz
10-15-2007, 08:40 AM
"Funny. As a little kid I always wanted a brother. I told that to Mom once. She said, 'You have a brother.' I said, 'Oh -- that's who
the asshole in the other bed is!'"

icy manipulator
10-15-2007, 10:33 AM
i had a mini dirt bike when i was 5, burnt the shit out of my leg on the exhaust when i was 8. now i've got a proper one and they're still fucking fun :D

jabumbo
10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
i always wanted a pool table, even though i knew it wouldnt have fit in my house. so my parents got me this mini fisher price one that was like 3 feet long. it was awesome, but still no real deal.

i also remember going to my cousins house and playing with gi joes in the creek and always losing them in the water. then coming home and wishing i had gi joes, and then the next day being plenty happy with the lot of tmnt's i had

roosta
10-15-2007, 11:15 AM
gameboy
turtles van
ghostbusters car
x-wing

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I got just about everything I ever wanted as a kid. it's really made for a very dissapointing adulthood.

paul jones
10-15-2007, 11:55 AM
also I always wanted all the wacky races cars with characters in them but wasn't sure if there were any out there

GreenEarthAl
10-15-2007, 11:56 AM
I spent my whole childhood wishing they would invent Star Wars Lego sets.

When I grew up and they finally invented them I was perturbed.

Helvete
10-15-2007, 12:20 PM
One of those hoverboards from Back to the Future 2.

Painfully informed they weren't actually real.

TurdBerglar
10-15-2007, 12:31 PM
i remember all my friends trying to convince me they were real.

NO NO! THEY MADE THEM ILLEGAL BECAUSE THEY ARE TOO DANGEROUS! BUT THEY DO EXIST! MY COUSIN GOT ONE FROM THIS GUY! PAID A 1000 DOLLARS FOR IT! SERIOUSLY!

MC Moot
10-15-2007, 01:12 PM
I also always wanted a Green Machine but alas was relagated to the Big Wheel.....

abcdefz
10-15-2007, 01:21 PM
There was stuff I wanted as a kid, but I started working jobs from the time I was six, so I bought shit myself.

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 11:30 PM
-Life size Pikachu Stuffed animal

BAAAAHAAHAAAAA!!!!!!:D

Yetra Flam
10-15-2007, 11:32 PM
it pissed me off that my parents were poor.

mikizee
10-15-2007, 11:42 PM
A fuckin chemistry set. Asked for one every christmas. Never got one. That's one of the reasons I murdered my parents.

Loppfessor
10-15-2007, 11:46 PM
it pissed me off that my parents were poor.

Not me...it taught me to take better care of my stuff. I had a lot of toys but not cus my parents were rich. I would only get a few things every b-day and Christmas but I took care of my toys so over time it built up. My asshole cousins would get tons of new shit and it would all be lost or broken within a month...then they'd bitch to their parents that I had more than them

b i o n i c
10-15-2007, 11:47 PM
a fishing pole. i had a sling shot. i just wanted to catch some fish

a gas powered remote controlled plane

the gi joe aircraft carrier

and a cheetara thundercats action figure. hard to get fuckers

tracky
10-16-2007, 03:14 AM
I feel really spoilt reading this, but i also lmao.

i can't say i started working at 6 like a-z but i did have to do a lot of chores around the house for pocket money, and used to go around the local blocks on the weekend door-to-door seeing if ppl wanted their car washed. usually with the kid from across the road. We were so cheap looking back, and we actually did a pretty damn good job. Most days we'd take home about $20 each, which was a fair bit for a kid back then. Well it was for us cause we counted it out in mixed lollies...

vickista
10-16-2007, 03:18 AM
a trip to greece.

..or at least out of the state.

camo
10-16-2007, 06:05 AM
the real tracy island and not the shoddy one I made from the blue peter fact sheet

faz
10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
A remote control hover craft. I'm still tempted to buy one.

TurdBerglar
10-16-2007, 10:58 AM
i had one of those. one day i was throwing snowballs at it and i broke one of the fans. :(

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
It occurs to me that alot of things that I wanted as a kid and my Ma was unable to procure for me I stole….

Luke Skywalkers’ Land Speeder (From Sears)

Battle Star Galactica Viper (From Joey Zimmerman)

Hockey Cards (From Cabral Wallace)

Sorry about that guy’s,wherever you are, we were pretty poor for awhile…..

Dorothy Wood
10-16-2007, 11:19 AM
I grew up sorta poor and was never a greedy kid, but I did want a power wheels. my dad bought me a used power wheels jeep once, but it never worked. he also bought me a used dirt bike that he was going to "fix up", but never did. :(

I wanted a barbie dream house, and got 3/4th of one (used). I actually had more fun making my own barbie houses out of lincoln logs anyway.

we did have a trampoline one summer (before dad sold it), and it was the best thing ever! my step sister and I used to "dance like an egyptian" on it.

I for sure wanted more video games for my nintendo! and skip-it

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 11:21 AM
I wanted a barbie dream house, and got 3/4th of one (used). I actually had more fun making my own barbie houses out of lincoln logs anyway.

Terminally cute....(y)

hpdrifter
10-16-2007, 12:54 PM
A skateboard.

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 01:10 PM
A skateboard.

wow....that hurts.....:(

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 01:13 PM
I had a skateboard. This was back in the day, an it was a cheap skateboard, and the wheels got all chewed up almost immediately. And I sucked.

My older brother accidentally ran over it with his Nova and I whined enough about it that he gave me money for a new one, which I promptly
never got, thus pocketing the money for something I hardly ever used anymore anyway.

And sucked at.

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 01:23 PM
I had a skateboard. This was back in the day, an it was a cheap skateboard, and the wheels got all chewed up almost immediately. And I sucked.

My older brother accidentally ran over it with his Nova and I whined enough about it that he gave me money for a new one, which I promptly
never got, thus pocketing the money for something I hardly ever used anymore anyway.

And sucked at.

I'll bet it was a banana board or ankle breaker as we called them....you should have replaced it with a long board,anyone can skate with a long board....(y)

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
Well, it was really thin wood with green stripes. I might've gotten it at Sears.

The wheels picked up little rocks like mad. I'd be skating along and all the sudden -- errrrk! -- and I'd go flying.

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Well, it was really thin wood with green stripes. I might've gotten it at Sears..

It would likely make wicked wall art for me if you still had it,especially as it was a wood deck,my local skate shop collects them....those early clay or steel wheels were insanely dangerous!....:eek:

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
No shit. The things caught rocks and ground down insanely fast.

It was sort of like having a shit cigar box guitar with strings too far off the neck. You try to learn on something like that and generally can't,
figure you just suck at it, and give up.

Yorkshire~Rose
10-16-2007, 01:54 PM
A Mr Frosty

One of those little machines that when you put 2 pence in it out popped a mini bar of dairy milk chocolate

A swing in the back garden

Oh and a pony. :o

faz
10-16-2007, 02:05 PM
I had a mr frosty. That shit was never as easy at crushing ice as it was made out to be in the adverts.

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 02:37 PM
fuuuuck Mr Frosty that brings back memory's....We had neighbours who were part time carneys’ and they used to let us set up their snow cone machine in our yard when they weren’t out at fairs ….that was one memory sweet summer…instant block popularity and prosperity, never mind the lemonade stand…..

beastiegirrl101
10-16-2007, 03:46 PM
A Snoopy Icy Machine. Maaaaan....remember those? Wanted one SO BAD!

MIKEtotheD
10-16-2007, 03:55 PM
PowerWheels jeep!
I asked for one for years, but never got one.

Drederick Tatum
10-16-2007, 03:58 PM
trampolines are awesome. you could use that thing for all sorts of cool stuff, but bouncing was its main strength. bouncing into trees, into pools, over people, doing flips, both backwards and forwards. and when you had multiple people on it, you could bust out the super bounce and send one person flying. totally sweet.
when we had friends come over from the US, they were tripping hard that we had one. they went crazy on it. so yeah, trampolines.

I always wanted those Star Wars action figures. I had loads of GI Joes and they were really fucking cool, but being able to play with Chewbacca and Darth Vader, that would've been rad. in terms of expanding my GI Joe 'arsenal', I coveted H.A.V.O.C. (http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/86/havoc/) for a couple of years.

also a really big dog. one that I could've ridden like a horse.

b-grrrlie
10-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Marimekko stripey shirt (http://www.marimekko.fi/FI/Vaatteet/klassikot/tasaraita/frontpage.htm). Preferably long sleeved and I think I wanted either red/white or red/black. They were too expensive, my mum thought.
It took me about 15 years before I got me a substitute. Red/black, long sleeves. Stripes were wider tho, but the underarms were weird.
I called it my "Ramones-shirt". Wore it out totally thin.

Loppfessor
10-17-2007, 01:15 AM
A Snoopy Icy Machine. Maaaaan....remember those? Wanted one SO BAD!

Dude! We had one but my older brother and sister never let me play with it :( Just cus I had a bad habit of breaking stuff

faz
10-17-2007, 11:07 AM
and when you had multiple people on it, you could bust out the super bounce and send one person flying.

Like this (http://youtube.com/watch?v=RjtPkDdvkBU)?

AceFace
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
oh MAN that video was funny.

i always wanted a REAL cabbage patch doll. i begged and begged for one but never got it. my grandmother made me one, but it wasn't the real thing and i hated it. i guess a few years later i got the real thing b/c earlier this year i was looking through old toys and found it.

i could care less b/c right beside the real thing was the doll my grandmother had made and it was worth more to me now than it ever was when i was a kid.

i'm so glad i found it.

adrockmelanie
10-19-2007, 02:03 AM
i had a powerwheels jeep. it was red and had an eagle on the hood. we have home videos of me and my little sister riding around it in with a boom box since the jeep's radio wasn't real.

some friends of mine got a powerwheels jeep for their son and i swear they're 20 times faster than they used to be. it also has a working radio and cd player.. tho the only cd it plays is plastic and comes with it.

i always wanted a trampoline. my parents said they were too dangerous. the only time i ever remember being on a trampoline was at a friend's where we dyed easter eggs and then took them all out to the trampoline and jumped on it. some of them went flying, but most were ground into the trampoline.. they never could get all of the egg off that thing.