PDA

View Full Version : they screw you at the drive in...

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 03:18 PM
they know you'll be miles away before you realize you didn't get what you ordered.

my cheeseburger turned out to be a hamburger. I haven't had a plain hamburger in...I don't know when! I've always ordered cheese on it. anyway it was ok...and I suppose I won't miss the extra chess calories.

so I was wondering if anyone had any drive through horror stories...or worked at a drive through ever. Cause honestly I'm not surprised that they screw things up on a regular basis. all those cars and speaking into a little crappy box, well things are bound to go wrong.

paul jones
10-15-2007, 03:20 PM
I just thought of that scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm when they wouldn't serve Larry David because he wasn't in a car

the world's gone mad!

Jim wont fix it
10-15-2007, 03:21 PM
this one time I got a happy meal and Gilbert Gottfried was in the box. true story

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 03:22 PM
I just thought of that scene from Curb Your Enthusiasm when they wouldn't serve Larry David because he wasn't in a car

the world's gone mad!

I wouldn't serve him either. what kind of idiot walks through a drive through? you better be driving something...one of those automatic wheelchairs would do. but the fucking thing better have wheels. yay!

paul jones
10-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm really tempted to one day drive by the drive in and when they ask 'what would you like?' I could say 'nothing thanks I've already eaten' then drive off

that would be really fun I think

Yeti
10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I'll give you two guys, a friendly piece of advise, ok? Don't ever go up to the drive-thru, ok? Always walk up to the counter. You know why? Ok, ok, ok, ok. They fuck you at the drive-thru, ok? They fuck you at the drive-thru. They know you gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked, ok? They know you're not gonna turn around and go back. So, they don't care. Who that's fucked? Oh, Leo Getz. Ok, sure. I don't give a fuck. I'm not eating this tuna, ok?

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm really tempted to one day drive by the drive in and when they ask 'what would you like?' I could say 'nothing thanks I've already eaten' then drive off

that would be really fun I think

lol. fabulous. if I ever come to visit you or vice versa we will do that. yes.

when we finish with that we'll take the box of my fathers ashes to a restaurant and order him a steak dinner, then send it back twice because it's to rare and then again because it's overdone. we'll insist that he won't eat unless it's just right. then we'll take it to go and tell them he lost his appitite waiting for it.

paul jones
10-15-2007, 03:30 PM
lol. fabulous. if I ever come to visit you or vice versa we will do that. yes.

when we finish with that we'll take the box of my fathers ashes to a restaurant and order him a steak dinner, then send it back twice because it's to rare and then overdone. we'll insist that he won't eat it any other way.

haha

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 03:33 PM
I'll give you two guys, a friendly piece of advise, ok? Don't ever go up to the drive-thru, ok? Always walk up to the counter. You know why? Ok, ok, ok, ok. They fuck you at the drive-thru, ok? They fuck you at the drive-thru. They know you gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked, ok? They know you're not gonna turn around and go back. So, they don't care. Who that's fucked? Oh, Leo Getz. Ok, sure. I don't give a fuck. I'm not eating this tuna, ok?

few monolgues in a film have ever rang more true. *salutes*

TAL
10-15-2007, 03:50 PM
Better title than that song from Grease.

Yeti
10-15-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh Sandy:(

ericlee
10-15-2007, 04:26 PM
are you talkin drive through or drive in? Screwin at the drive in is pretty fun though.

Yeti
10-15-2007, 04:36 PM
She meant drive thru but when I saw title of the thread I thought it would be about boning in the back of her Impala.

ericlee
10-15-2007, 05:09 PM
If her impala is a rockin.

They're tearing all of our drive in theatres down around my hometown, the bastids.

At drive throughs, I just wish they would hire people that can hear. Me at taco hell, "...and one ice t", the drive through lady, "pintos and cheese?" me, "no, ice t", her, "pintos and cheese?" me, "no, ICE T!" that whole conversation lasted for five mins till I just drove to the damn window and drew her an air pic of a cup for her.

checkyourprez
10-15-2007, 05:11 PM
I hate the old nasty fries, so I always ask for fries with no salt so they have make some fresh ones.

One time I my fries had Gilbert Gottfied in them.

no salt, lots of spit. (y)

cookiepuss
10-15-2007, 05:35 PM
hummm...yeah I should have said drive through...but now a days I don't think very many TRUE drive ins exist. Most have been torn down.(n)

oh man...If I had a 1960 Chevy Impala Convertible it would be rockin'. Favorite car EVER. *drools*

faz
10-15-2007, 06:28 PM
My brother said "They fuck you at the drive-thru" the other day when I told him I didnt get any spicy sauce with my onion rings. I was unaware it was a reference to lethal weapon.

This thread reminded me about this thread (http://www.beastieboys.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=79537)

Auton
10-15-2007, 06:31 PM
i usually just check the bag right when i leave the drive thru. if something's wrong i park the car and walk inside. i ordered TWO Gilbert Gottfieds

DandyFop
10-15-2007, 09:39 PM
I usually check it as well.

Wendy's onion rings are really good.

And I'm really gonna want some in about 15 minutes.

TurdBerglar
10-15-2007, 09:44 PM
any place that has a busy drive in, all you have to do is walk into the place and say that they forgot to give you such and such and they just give it to you without any questions. me and my friends use to do it all the time when we were kids.

Loppfessor
10-16-2007, 04:35 AM
The worst is when the little "no onions" picture has clearly been marked off and then you bite into a huge chunk of onion.....it's like they took the time to mark it but still threw the onions on it!

yeahwho
10-16-2007, 05:20 AM
I just follow the tourettes guy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rDp12EA6H4) example at the drive thru.

Yeti
10-16-2007, 08:04 AM
http://www.bk.com/#menu=2,63,-1

Crazy stuff!

Dedicated fans of the sandwich have begun to do "Stacker Challenges" where they eat multiple Quad stackers to form "Octo" (two quads) stackers and even "Diocto" (four quads).

The BK Stacker was first introduced in the summer of 2006. Again, BK garnered media attention due to the size of the sandwiches, particularly the Quad, and the large amount of calories and fat the sandwich had (see the Enormous Omelet Sandwich breakfast sandwich.) In a November 2006 menu revision, the Double BK Stacker has become a numbered Value meal item in the US, with the number varying by market area. The BK Stacker, renamed the BBQ Beef Stacker, was introduced by Hungry Jacks in Australia in March 2007, available in single, double and triple sizes.

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 09:35 AM
At this one Starbucks, they kind of pride themselves on knowing their regular customers' orders.

"Hi, a-z! Grande coffee, blueberry scone, right?"

"That's great, thanks."

So this one girl for some reason had a brain fart one day.

"Hi, a-z! Grande coffee, cranberry scone, right?"

"Blueberry scone, please. Thanks."

Got to the bus stop, went to eat my scone. Cranberry. Yuck. Some weird sort of nut in there, too. Yech. Trash can.

And, for some reason, EVERY TIME AFTER THAT, even if we said blueberry scone, she'd give me cranberry. It was like she
suddenly had dementia about this one specific thing, so I wound up always checking the scone before I left the counter,
giving it back, asking again for blueberry.

*smack of forehead* "That's right! Blueberry! Why do I keep doing that!?"

Uh, I don't know.

mikizee
10-16-2007, 09:45 AM
Speaking of Grande coffee, My local drivethru coffee/cigarettes place started a new size of coffee, called the maximus. Here since I'm not used to american fit-for-6-humans massive sizes, I thought the size of this coffee was so amazing that I had to take a photo.

Huuuuuuuuge coffee!!! (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o218/mikizee/Image031.jpg)

I bet that size is like a small or one you get in a kids meal in the US.

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 09:46 AM
....twenty ounces?

mikizee
10-16-2007, 09:52 AM
....twenty ounces?

I have no idea. We don't measure in ounces. Except for drugs, or course.

abcdefz
10-16-2007, 09:54 AM
600 ml? 700 ml?

But, yeah, unless you have princess hands, that's a very large cup.

NoFenders
10-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Well, I've got a drive thru story. I was gonna post in the thread where a couple guys were freaking out about fried chicken and watermelon, but decided I didn't want to get involved in that.So I'll post it here, cause it was my favorite drive thru experience ever.

One late night, my friend Rob and I were craving a shake. We were in our local area on the near south side of Chicago. We drove into McD's. The man behind the curtain says...."May I take your order????" Rob replied... "YEAH!!!! Let me get two cracker shakes!!!!!! The man then said "Excuse me???" To which Rob replied..."Two cracker shakes!!!! You know what I'm talking about?????" The man the replied...."Yeah,I know what you want, $2.97, please pull around." We pulled around and saw two vanilla shakes sitting at the window. By this point I was laughing so hard I was crying. The guy behind the counter, had to take a double look, because he could not believe we ordered that.

:cool:

BBboy20
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I thought this was general knowledge. =/