PDA

View Full Version : Best Comedians Now Working

yeahwho
10-16-2007, 03:19 PM
I guess I cannot figure it out, some folks make me snicker, maybe giggle a little but I'm having a real hard time nailing who are the very best comedians alive and working today.

Please advise, I've become a sad sack.

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 03:25 PM
George Carlin would be my pick for working legend....going to see him soon!

Sarah Silverman
Dane Cook (the appeal is wearing thin though)
Wanda Sykes
Lewis Black
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connely

yeahwho
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM

Sarah Silverman
Wanda Sykes
Lewis Black
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connely

I don't quite get Dane Cook, he has never really made me laugh. Smiled a few times though. I have a few friends who think Dane is hilarious, this board is much funnier than Dane.

Rock
10-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Jim Norton
Louie CK

Rock
10-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't quite get Dane Cook, he has never really made me laugh. Smiled a few times though. I have a few friends who think Dane is hilarious, this board is much funnier than Dane.

Yeah I don't get him either. The only time he has ever made me smile was when he was in Waiting and he says "Welcome to Thunderdome Bitch!". Other than that....the frat boys can have him.

Is David Cross still doing stand up? If so, he is on the list.

HEIRESS
10-16-2007, 03:51 PM
Demitri Martin!

DandyFop
10-16-2007, 04:00 PM
I'd prolly vote

Demitri Martin
Eugene Mirmin

and of course David Cross but he hasn't done much lately

Laserface
10-16-2007, 04:02 PM
Demitri Martin!

yeah he's the most hilarious right now (as far as i know).

MC Moot
10-16-2007, 04:06 PM
I saw Tommy and Shelby Chong a month ago and they were pretty funny,same joke past 20 years though.....this thread makes me wonder if Alexei Sayle still does his thing.....and I'd like to see Don Rickles before he dies,that would be a riot, vegas or the catskills.....

yeahwho
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Hey, thanks for the info on Demitri Martin, just you tubed the bitch, he's pretty, pretty funny.

HEIRESS
10-16-2007, 05:11 PM
pretty pretty pretty!

paul jones
10-16-2007, 05:13 PM
Demitri Martin!

I amz going check out on youtube

I just checked it out and it was funny

DIGI
10-16-2007, 05:26 PM

Sarah Silverman
Wanda Sykes
Lewis Black
Eddie Izzard
Billy Connely

Your first three make me wanna vomit on your head.

Rock
10-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Your first three make me wanna vomit on your head.

first three including Carlin right?

Because wanda is pretty fucking good, i didn't notice her on Moot's list until you quoted it.

Her bit about "Let's go get an abortion!" was fucking great.

RaZoRbLaDe KiSs
10-16-2007, 05:34 PM
Sarah Silverman

I can NOT stand her. She's not funny at all. I know the point of her stand up is meant to be risque and blah blah, but the only thing she's succeeded in is making me want to punch her in the face. (again I under stand that's kinda the point, but she sucks at it. I've seen other comics who are just as bad and laughed, so It's not even about her being offensive - she is just NOT funny!)

Best comic out these days is Gabriel Inglesias by far (y)

Bob
10-16-2007, 07:10 PM
david cross' stand up is good when he's not doing political stuff, he isn't very good at that. it's always something like "so george w bush is a really bad president, i mean really bad, he's probably the worst president, here's one thing he did that was really retarded HOW BAD CAN A PRESIDENT BE GUYS and here's another thing i don't like about republicans and the iraq war is bad how CAN PEOPLE NOT KNOW HOW BAD THIS PRESIDENT IS"

i mean he's not wrong or anything, he just isn't very good at the whole subtlety thing. his normal comedy is much better though. also his acting is good

i like eugene mirman

The Notorious LOL
10-16-2007, 07:35 PM
pretty much all of the worthwhile comedians are dead.

Never been too big into David Cross standup...well, its good when its not political.

FASCINATING TIDBIT: A friend of mine was in a political group that organized a anti-war protest concert consisting of The Coup, Atmosphere, Brother Ali etc etc before the Iraq war in early 2003. The organizer sent an email to David Cross asking if he was at all interested and everything was set up. Their fund raising didn't pan out as planned, and they had about half the dough they expected. When they contacted him regarding payment he said "fuck it, dont worry" and paid for his flight, hotel, and did the set for free.

Bob
10-16-2007, 07:38 PM
here is david cross's standup

http://www.marriedtothesea.com/103006/political-cartoon.gif

DeeJayZap
10-16-2007, 07:51 PM
pablo francisco is really good.

HEIRESS
10-16-2007, 07:58 PM
a sometimes favorite access to laughs lately has been "video on trial" found on MuchMusic

yes. yes I am lame.

TurdBerglar
10-16-2007, 08:29 PM
chris rock?

im surprised no one has mentioned him

thegoodmrbrodie!
10-17-2007, 02:16 AM
i have seen rich hall twice this year, once last night. and his shambling routines are good fun. not sure what he'd be like in america.
this year i have also enjoyed: mark thomas, josie long, and craig campbell. i am going to see simon amstell on sunday.

tracky
10-17-2007, 02:45 AM
dimitri martin is pretty funny, but that's been established. check out "person" i think it's called. The comedy he does with the graphs is classic (y) "...you see at this point, it doesn't matter how hot you are, I don't want to hear about your cat anymore" (paraphased..)

i'm not sure how popular he is cause i can imagine some ppl might find him a bit too creepy or just annoying, but i find emo phillips pretty funny

icy manipulator
10-17-2007, 03:00 AM
russell brand

saz
10-17-2007, 06:21 PM
(y)

Lewis Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNcnubZyJpI

jammytastic
10-17-2007, 06:25 PM
tommy tiernan is fucking hilarious and i met him and got a kiss oh yeah baby

Videodrome
10-17-2007, 06:26 PM
FASCINATING TIDBIT: A friend of mine was in a political group that organized a anti-war protest concert consisting of The Coup, Atmosphere, Brother Ali etc etc before the Iraq war in early 2003. The organizer sent an email to David Cross asking if he was at all interested and everything was set up. Their fund raising didn't pan out as planned, and they had about half the dough they expected. When they contacted him regarding payment he said "fuck it, dont worry" and paid for his flight, hotel, and did the set for free. nice (y)

Nygel
10-17-2007, 06:37 PM
I'd prolly vote

Demitri Martin

Demitri Martin!

cubsfirstplace
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
jim norton is a hilarious, i even read his book!

cosmo105
10-17-2007, 08:49 PM
go get the comedians of comedy live at the troubadour dvd, steger and i were in the audience and supposedly you see quite a bit of us (y)

DandyFop
10-17-2007, 09:27 PM
gaahhhh! So jealous! But that is awesome. When/If I am living in LA I am going to be
the biggest comedy show whore ever, I will be at everything.

I just found out Neil Hamburger is coming to Salt Lake. Fuck yeah!

adam_f
10-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Wait...there are other comedians besides Dane Cook? Since when?