PDA

View Full Version : team fortress 2

Bob
10-16-2007, 07:16 PM
anyone playing it? it's stupidly good fun

this topic may not take off the way i planned but fuck it i'm posting it (y)

TurdBerglar
10-16-2007, 07:29 PM
i picked up the orange box. have yet to fully try team fortress. i was shocked how fun portal was.

faz
10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
i picked up the orange box. have yet to fully try team fortress. i was shocked how fun portal was.

I've been playing a flash inspired (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/404612) version of portal recently.

I downloaded a copy of the real portal but it just seemed to crash my pc :\

BBboy20
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
I recently completed the entire Orange Box

Been playing TF2 since the release of the Beta; Demoman is by far the best black video game character ever.

"I'm a black Scottish cyclops"

Seriously this is the funniest game of the year and it doesn't even have cut scenes.

BBboy20
10-16-2007, 09:08 PM
I recently completed the entire Orange Box

Been playing TF2 since the release of the Beta; Demoman is by far the best black video game character ever.

"I'm a black Scottish cyclops"

Seriously this is the funniest game of the year and it doesn't even have cut scenes. (Well since it is a MP only game)

Bob
10-16-2007, 09:22 PM
i love the changes they made to the spies. they make it much easier to infiltrate the enemy's place and to cause havok without blowing your cover. it the original, you'd have to disguise yourself as one of your own troops, find someplace quiet, then put on a disguise and hope nobody sees you on the way in.

here though, you can put on your disguise, cloak, run behind a building, uncloak, and then run around the enemy as though you're one of them. engineer is probably my favorite disguise, since you have an excuse to run aimlessly around and not shoot anybody.

i love being able to sap without giving away your cover, and the backstab thing is awesome (could you backstab in TF1? i can't remember).

anyway it's a fun fun time

Drederick Tatum
10-17-2007, 12:25 AM
I been playing it. I'm usually Soldier, Medic, or Pyro. ubercharged Pyro chasing down enemy Heavies and Soldiers is awesome fun.

tracky
10-17-2007, 12:52 AM
i'm all over this shit (y) It's about as close as there has been to Q3F. I haven't actually played any games recently but got back into it after getting TF2 on the weekend

BBboy20
10-17-2007, 03:42 AM
Why can there be a delete button?

camo
10-17-2007, 06:12 AM
can it be played split screen too?

jabumbo
10-17-2007, 08:14 AM
this game is comparable to??

tracky
10-17-2007, 09:19 AM
it's comparable to Team Fortress 1, the Quake mod Team Fortress and the Quake 3 mod Team Fortress ;) :p

There's actually a couple of other flavours around too. The whole concept of TF just rules.

Basically it's just class based FPS. Google it mang.

I'm just loving that 2forts lives! :D They've got it perfect too, right down to the rocket jumping distances, fall -> damage distances, everything. I was a bit of a fortress freak many years ago. started off on q1 then q3f came out and that was the best one so far.

I must admit I was disappointed there was a few weapons missing but I'll live.

And yeah the game is geniunely funny! It's really light-hearted for an FPS. I lol'd a lot playing it for the first few hours. Little things like the arrows pointing to your body parts are that extra touch :D But the game play has some pretty lol moments too

tracky
10-17-2007, 09:23 AM

split.. what?

is it even out on consoles? i wouldn't have thought

TurdBerglar

you need atleast 10+ people to properly play...

TurdBerglar
split.. what?

the whole orange box is out for 360

Bob
10-17-2007, 09:54 AM
i stayed up until 1 in the morning playing it last night and i showed up late for work today

thank god for flex time

camo
10-17-2007, 09:54 AM
split.. what?

splitscreen a la golden eye or timesplitters.

I have it on order for ps3.

Drederick Tatum
10-17-2007, 03:34 PM
And yeah the game is geniunely funny! It's really light-hearted for an FPS. I lol'd a lot playing it for the first few hours. Little things like the arrows pointing to your body parts are that extra touch :D But the game play has some pretty lol moments too

definitely. have you watched the character intro videos? they're great. also, Pyro's axe taunt where he plays air guitar always makes me chuckle, and when he screams for a medic. haha, it just comes out as a muffled yell.

tracky
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
i stayed up until 1 in the morning playing it last night and i showed up late for work today

thank god for flex time

oh snap!

I just got in, about 50 minutes late. Lucky the boss isnt here because i've been late a lot lately

BBboy20
10-17-2007, 11:08 PM
definitely. have you watched the character intro videos? they're great. also, Pyro's axe taunt where he plays air guitar always makes me chuckle, and when he screams for a medic. haha, it just comes out as a muffled yell.Not to mention the characters make you feel badass, like when the Heavy yells out "I AM BULLITPROOF!!!" when you slaughter a whole bunch of enimes while on Uber.

Bob
10-18-2007, 06:49 AM
medics can make you really unstoppable. last night i played on some random public server, on that map where you have to capture the five control points, and the middle one is on a bridge in a warehouse with a train running through it (well? granary? i can't remember). i picked medic, and i started following around a soldier, and together the two of us alone managed to cap the point (which is pretty impressive because you're a pretty easy target up there).

next round i decided i wanted to switch to soldier instead, the other guy coincidentally decides to be a medic and we end up partnering up and capturing the point by ourselves again.

and this was just on a public server, imagine what a team that actually works well together would be able to do!

Drederick Tatum
10-18-2007, 07:04 AM
medic and heavy is where it's at. medic round the corner, heavy strafes the scene.

TurdBerglar
10-18-2007, 11:39 AM
when you have like 450 life with the heavy with a medic or two trailing you, you can pretty much mow down the whole opposing team all by yourself. once the medics are killed, though, you're fucking dead.

TurdBerglar
10-18-2007, 12:54 PM
it's pretty damn aggravating when no one wants to be a medic

Planetary
10-18-2007, 03:16 PM
w00t out tomorrow here on 360 ill be getting it