PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Packing Lunch

Waus
10-17-2007, 09:39 AM
I do. I know I'd be saving myself like 6 bucks every day - but it's always crappy, means I have to get up earlier, and I don't get to pick a place to go to and eat at.

I wish all restaurants would agree to have some sort of meal plan I could buy at the beginning of the year.

MC Moot
10-17-2007, 09:47 AM
I empathize,one of my fave perks about my gig is I get breakfast,lunch and a afternoon snack por gratis.....there's a deli near here that has a lunch subscription where you pay a monthly fee and they deliver to your office every day, above average quality sandwich, soup and salad and fare, I think it works out to about 5 bucks a day…..(y)

Bob
10-17-2007, 09:53 AM
i never know what to pack. about the only thing i can think to bring is left-over rice and beans and that's just boring

sandwiches should be easy but the thing is lunch meat doesn't keep for very long, and i don't like my food to have time limits

abcdefz
10-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Packing lunch... I have to keep the habit, because pretty much if I skip packing lunch one time, that means about two months of bad
fast food before I get back in the habit again.

cookiepuss
10-17-2007, 11:06 AM
I don't get too excited about packing a lunch unless I have some really compelling leftovers to pack.

beastiegirrl101
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I have always brought my lunch and Friday's was always "treat yourself day" Where I would get takeout....

Waus...can't you pack it the night before? I usually do mine...whether its a sammich or just throwing leftovers in a container the night before. Mornings are so rough for me....

and A-Z I TOTALLY agree. I once got out of the lunch making routine and ate out for a few weeks...then wondered where my money...and waistline went.

abcdefz
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
and A-Z I TOTALLY agree. I once got out of the lunch making routine and ate out for a few weeks...then wondered where my money...
and waistline went.

Yup.

I'm working on my "before" picture even as we speak. :(

HEIRESS
10-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I just make sure I go buy fresh sammich fixins every 3 or so days.

200 grams of lunch meat lasts me about 3ish sandwiches.

I like putting alfalfa sprouts in my sandwiches instead of lettuce because then I dont have to waste time washing the leaves in the morning
and to mix up the flavours i use differnt mustards or whatever. and switch between using pickles or hot banana peppers.

I also keep amy's vegan burritos in the the freezer for those days when Im supply-less

Also its so easy to make a little extra pasta or whatever the night before and then slam it in a tupperware for the next day

a really easy healthy salad that you can make the night before that keeps well is a marinated one that uses hearty veggies:

so cut up carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and bean sprouts with a little onion and put in a tupperware
then make a dressing out of applecider or champagne vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and honey

so good after sittin in the fridge all night.

I can repost my turkey chili recipe again too, because its so killah and you can freeze it to mix up your lunch menus for the next couple weeks, because sandwiches can get boring every day

MC Moot
10-17-2007, 02:27 PM
I like making my lunch. I seriously put it in a brown paper bag with my name on it.

Old Skool Style.

did ya lose these?

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Hollow/4131/kungfu.gif

MC Moot
10-17-2007, 02:49 PM
OH SHIT YES!!!!!!!!!

I swear I seriously did. One scene on the side has him Karate chopping a branch to rescue a guy in quicksand.

:(

it could be worse....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u-bIN6PPuJk

wanton wench
10-17-2007, 03:05 PM
how about being told by your 8 year old, 5 minutes before your going to leave in the morning, that she has a field trip and needs to pack a lunch. :eek:

MC Moot
10-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I think it's important when packing a lunch for your child to include food groups that not only meet your child's daily caloric and nutritional intake needs as well as including items that easily traded or bartered....seriously....

wanton wench
10-17-2007, 03:32 PM
i thought "barter/trade" WAS a food group.

i seriously would have never eaten in school, if there was not the trade option.

cosmo105
10-17-2007, 08:50 PM
I just make sure I go buy fresh sammich fixins every 3 or so days.

200 grams of lunch meat lasts me about 3ish sandwiches.

I like putting alfalfa sprouts in my sandwiches instead of lettuce because then I dont have to waste time washing the leaves in the morning
and to mix up the flavours i use differnt mustards or whatever. and switch between using pickles or hot banana peppers.

I also keep amy's vegan burritos in the the freezer for those days when Im supply-less

Also its so easy to make a little extra pasta or whatever the night before and then slam it in a tupperware for the next day

a really easy healthy salad that you can make the night before that keeps well is a marinated one that uses hearty veggies:

so cut up carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and bean sprouts with a little onion and put in a tupperware
then make a dressing out of applecider or champagne vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, dijon mustard and honey

so good after sittin in the fridge all night.

I can repost my turkey chili recipe again too, because its so killah and you can freeze it to mix up your lunch menus for the next couple weeks, because sandwiches can get boring every day

we were seriously separated at birth.

i love packing a lunch. i always wake up a little early just to put in the effort. sure, i can buy stuff at work, but there aren't that many options for me, and it gets pricey. besides, whenever i heat up leftovers in the breakroom people always wander in, sniffing, and asking what smells so good and ooh could they have just a bite.

TurdBerglar
10-17-2007, 09:08 PM
i guess working at a supermarket does have its advantages!

jabumbo
10-18-2007, 08:48 AM
the one thing that forces me to pack my lunch more often is when i work out in the field. since i know i will probably not even get a true break time to eat, i have to pack something. my biggest problem right now is having enough to keep me satisfied. a sandwich, piece of fruit, and a little baggie full of chips/pretzels just don't cut it for me.

also, not having a car sort of forces me to bring something because my other option is to eat with my boss, who ends up at wendys or mcdonalds most of the time. i don't know how he can do that and still be living and relatively healthy!

Lyman Zerga
10-18-2007, 02:39 PM
i love packing my taco

vickista
10-19-2007, 10:47 PM
mummy always packs my lunch.

but theres always 2 days of the week where she forgets of theres no time, so i get money for the canteen.
our canteen is the healthiest in the state.

but its good becaus it means i get a mix of both so i never get bored of home or canteen food.

insertnamehere
10-19-2007, 11:37 PM
i seriously miss my high school cafeteria food.

i think next semester i am going to buy a meal plan to eat at the cafeterias here on campus even though the food is crap. i swear to you it is aweful. and this is coming from someone who misses their highschool cafeteria food after like four years of being out of high school.

the beef stew.... the peppery garden peas.... the chocolate chocolate chip cookies that the kids in the special ed class baked.... :(

vickista
10-19-2007, 11:47 PM
our schools lunches are actually decent

theres ravioli, hot dogs, pita wraps, pasta salad, sushi, nachos, burritos,
all kinds of tasty crap :]

TurdBerglar
10-19-2007, 11:53 PM
i remember in hs i thought they never gave us enough food and you could not buy more than one lunch. i was always starving so i had to buy more junkfood to get enough to eat. i think i ate more doritos and ice cream sandwiches than the actual amount of the meals they served.

an example of a standard meal was:

chicken patty on a deli rool with lettuce and shit like that, tattor tots, cup of jello, and a milk which was like no more than a fucking sip or two.

THEY WERE STARVING US. I WAS MORE THAN WILLING TO PAY MORE FOR MORE FOOD BUT NOOOOOOOO CAN'T HAVE MORE FOOD.

vickista
10-19-2007, 11:56 PM
yeah we have to pay. no free lunch in this town