PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter 4 thread

Kid Presentable
10-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Teaser. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBSYwNiZdwo) I love it how the old shit can still interest me.

roosta
10-18-2007, 01:01 PM
there was a street fighter 3?

Bob
10-18-2007, 01:21 PM
there were roughly 1 billion street fighter 2's

Auton
10-18-2007, 03:56 PM
there was a street fighter 3?

yeah, it was actually pretty fucking amazing.

insertnamehere
10-18-2007, 04:07 PM
Street Fighter 3rd Strike is where it's at!

Let's fight like gentlemen.

Drederick Tatum
10-18-2007, 04:42 PM
I think you'll find that Street Fighter 2 Turbo remains the purest and best Streetfighter version.

The Notorious LOL
10-18-2007, 04:59 PM
SNK > Capcom

Kid Presentable
10-18-2007, 06:08 PM
SNK > Capcom

Pffffft in terms of the amount of times they get it wrong before putting out a good fighter, maybe. But the pure 2D fighter is Capcom's realm, yo.

Auton
10-18-2007, 06:35 PM
street fighter alpha 2 was the best one, in my opinion.

Kid Presentable
10-18-2007, 06:38 PM

Yeah it was wicked. Pretty much, perfect for me. I want to get a console version of 3rd strike, though.

So yeah, SF4 should be out in 2009. So I'll just keep bumping this thread. I hope in-game is a little bit as cinematic as that teaser.

insertnamehere
10-18-2007, 06:48 PM
I didn't really care for Alpha 2 all that much for some reason. I guess just because 3rd Strike is what I'm used to, and they're so different. To each his own.

The Notorious LOL
10-18-2007, 10:59 PM
Pffffft in terms of the amount of times they get it wrong before putting out a good fighter, maybe. But the pure 2D fighter is Capcom's realm, yo.

well, I will say Capcom Vs SNK is one of the best fighters ever and that was done by Capcom.

Kid Presentable
10-19-2007, 01:37 AM
They each have their hits and misses. I'm interested to see what the SF 4 thing will be like, though.

Miho
10-22-2007, 10:21 PM
It's about time this was announced. Now, if they'll give me Mega Man 9, I can die in peace.

I always had an interesting concept for a Street Fighter game where it takes place in the far future, where all the characters are old geezers- Ryu is sporting a long beard and has a different fighting style, and etc. Would be cool. :P

Kid Presentable
02-15-2008, 08:45 AM
New footy (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3166294)

Miho
02-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Saw that last night. Nice to see all the regulars back. That new character, Abel, looks cool. Now, I have to agree with everybody else on the internet, what is up with Ryu's face? :P

Kid Presentable
02-15-2008, 10:33 AM
How he looks retarded?

Junker
02-15-2008, 03:44 PM

Best Street Fighters for me:

Street Fighter 2 - World Warrior
Street Fighter 2 - Champion Edition
Street Fighter Zero Alpha 2

adam_f
02-17-2008, 05:59 PM
I love Street Fighter 2, I just really hate Zangief. Only Ken and Ryu, I find it hard to beat Blanka.

funk63
02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
gnarly

funk63
02-17-2008, 06:18 PM
why do they still make games only utilizing two dimensions?

Junker
02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
why do they still make games only utilizing two dimensions?

Stick to the roots!

g-mile7
02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
street fighter 2 warrior addition with bruce lee and dj was the best imo. is blanca in this one?

Junker
02-17-2008, 07:15 PM
street fighter 2 warrior addition with bruce lee and dj was the best imo. is blanca in this one?

Yes, he is. The Bruce Lee you're talking about is called Fei Long. ;)

g-mile7
02-17-2008, 07:17 PM
oh shit that was my favorite character too

funk63
02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Stick to the roots!

wait street fighter 5 is 3d i just realized.

Auton
02-17-2008, 08:09 PM
so is street fighter 4, the one that hasn't come out yet!

Junker
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
wait street fighter 5 is 3d i just realized.

street fighter 5?? :confused:

camo
02-20-2008, 03:43 AM
Guile is my ass whooper of choice. Hard to master, but once managed, hard to beat.

Junker
02-20-2008, 06:49 AM
Guile is my ass whooper of choice. Hard to master, but once managed, hard to beat.

True! But I'd still kick your ass with Guy. :cool:

camo
02-20-2008, 07:37 AM
True! But I'd still kick your ass with Guy. :cool:

WRONG

Junker
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
WRONG

Don't be mad. I'm just telling the truth. I can whoop your ass at anytime. And If I chose Ken, Ryu or Akuma, then it would be 2 perfect rounds..... hahahahaha :D

camo
02-20-2008, 09:07 AM
Don't be mad. I'm just telling the truth. I can whoop your ass at anytime. And If I chose Ken, Ryu or Akuma, then it would be 2 perfect rounds..... hahahahaha :D

lol I'm not mad! You've just chosen the three cheapest characters and the three that everyone masters first. I'll know your each and every move!!!

Fight

Junker
02-20-2008, 09:12 AM
lol I'm not mad! You've just chosen the three cheapest characters and the three that everyone masters first. I'll know your each and every move!!!

Fight

Ok then.....I pick Dhalsim.

*YOGAAAAAAA*

camo
02-20-2008, 09:34 AM
good move. Both sluggish characters but dhal is weak. Look P, you ain't gonna win matey :D

Junker
02-20-2008, 09:39 AM
good move. Both sluggish characters but dhal is weak. Look P, you ain't gonna win matey :D

He's weak, i agree...... but he can teleport. How about that huh?? ;)

camo
02-20-2008, 10:16 AM
He's weak, i agree...... but he can teleport. How about that huh?? ;)

errm sonicboom?

Junker
02-20-2008, 10:23 AM
errm sonicboom?

Pfffff...... sonic boom. What a ridiculous name.

camo
02-20-2008, 10:25 AM
Pfffff...... sonic boom. What a ridiculous name.

yeah but I can do one and then upper cut you into it and whilst you bounce off it Somersault Kick you into another one (y)

Junker
02-20-2008, 10:57 AM
yeah but I can do one and then upper cut you into it and whilst you bounce off it Somersault Kick you into another one (y)

4 X hit.... (y)

camo
02-20-2008, 11:12 AM
yep, before the times of combo counters (y)

Kid Presentable
10-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Hey uh Gouken is in it but I think he's non-playable.

Audio.
10-03-2008, 01:29 AM
he is a playable character, he will in the home version along with Fei Long and Cammy and Dan.

In all due respect, I believe I will kick all your asses (just because you all sound like noobs). :)

Kid Presentable
10-03-2008, 01:35 AM
I was learning superthrow with Guile while you were putting pressure on your mother's colon in utero.

Audio.
10-03-2008, 01:37 AM
ppssh I tripled everything you learned by the time I started growing my wisdom tooth. Bring it. I eat champs for snacks. :cool:

Kid Presentable
10-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I will shit on your family from a tyre swing on a steamboat drifting across the wide expanse of your sloping forehead

Audio.
10-03-2008, 01:43 AM
pssh... Pleaase, I'd break your fingers before moving to the select menu. I'd burn finger prints on meh buttons. You cant touch this dogg.
argh-argh

th-that was a dog.

Kid Presentable
10-03-2008, 01:46 AM
Play it safe, dookie. Bake for about 40 minutes until thick and creamy, adding more milk if necessary. If you've determined that your battery problems can't be attributed to any of the above, or if you see cracks or oozing liquid on the top of the battery, it's probably safe to proceed with replacement.

Audio.
10-03-2008, 01:48 AM
you... Um... y-you lost me.

Kid Presentable
10-03-2008, 01:51 AM
*laughs like Chun-Li*

Kid Presentable
02-09-2009, 05:29 PM
The Alternate costumes (DLC) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlclCns421o)

Guile has Charlie's costume. Zangief has Hagar's.

Audio.
02-09-2009, 06:09 PM
Akuma looks like he is sporting a giant pretzel on his back. Looks good on Honda though. Chun-li - I got flames in my pants.
Blanka AHAHAHAHA aaww blanka.

so here is the scoop. on the downloadable content plus some extra sweet attire on Playstation Home - I told ya Capcom loves PlayStation more :P

Capcom has officially announced the details regarding the downloadable content for Street Fighter IV, which will arrive on PSN and XBL just after the game's release! The first expansion pack (free of charge) is called Championship Mode Expansion which will add Replay Mode, allowing players record and upload match videos for the community to view and comment on, and a new points system which grades your skill level and goes hand in hand with the Tournament Matching system (new online mode).

"Themed" alternate costume packs will also be available by the week... Each pack will run you a mere $3.99 (that's much less than getting your ass kicked at the arcade)!

(2-17) Brawler Pack: Costumes for Zangief, E. Honda, Rufus, El Fuerte, and Abel.

(2-24) Femme Fatale Pack: Costumes for Chun-Li, Cammy, Sakura, Rose, and Crimson Viper.

(3-3) Shoryuken Pack: Costumes for Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Gouken, and Dan.

(3-10) Shadaloo Pack: Costumes for Seth, M. Bison, Sagat, Balrog, and Vega.

(3-17) Classic Pack: Costumes for Guile, Dhalsim, Fei-Long, Blanka, and Gen.

Now on the extra goodies for PS Home. Street Fighter outfits for your character, as well as mini character statues, will be released as downloadable content for PS3's Home around the same time as Street Fighter IV... Resident Evil 5 content will also be coming to Home.

Bringing Cosplay to the PS Home. (y)
SCREEN Shots!
http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/4home.jpg

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/4home2.jpg

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/4home3.jpg

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/4home4.jpg

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/newspics/4home6.jpg

Audio.
02-09-2009, 06:11 PM
The rumors are true! Capcom is proud to team with GameStop and the EVO Championship Series to bring you the Street Fighter IV National Tournament!
The tournament unites the biggest retailer and the greatest tournament legacy with the company that started it all (that’s us!), for the biggest live event in gaming history.

The action starts on February 21st at thousands of GameStop locations EVERYWHERE. Winners move on to the second round at regional stores (Feb 28th), and second-round winners advance to the March 14th semi-finals.

The best-of-the-best 16 finalists will then be flown in for the April 18th finals in San Francisco, where they’ll compete to win an official Street Fighter IV arcade game. In addition to the trip to SF (SF in SF... see what I did there?), all finalists will score Mad Catz SFIV sticks and pads, the limited edition tournament belts, and will also earn a spot in the semi-final bracket at the EVO World Finals in Las Vegas, where they will take on the very best from around the planet.

Head over to GameStop.com for all the details, then run screaming to your local store to sign up. There are thousands of locations participating across the country, so figure out where you need to be come February 21st!

Get hype!!

Hit the jump for official press release...

GRAPEVINE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GameStop, Corp. (NYSE:GME - News), the world’s largest video game and entertainment software retailer, today announced that it will team with Capcom Entertainment Inc. and the EVO Championship Series to host Street Fighter IV video game tournaments at more than 2, 400 of its U.S. locations beginning on Saturday, Feb. 21, 2009. The tiered tournament program is one of several events GameStop will host surrounding the launch of Street Fighter IV, in stores Feb. 18, 2009.

The tournament will provide players with an opportunity to test their skills one-on-one with other contestants in a tournament to determine the store winners. Many of the participating GameStop locations will begin their tournaments at 2 p.m. local time; however, customers are encouraged to contact their local store to confirm the exact time of the tournament. All contestants must check-in at least 30 minutes prior to the start of play, and you must be at least 13 years old to participate in the event. Participants under 18 must have a parent or guardian sign their registration form.

Store winners will advance to a series of District Tournaments on Feb. 28; winners of these competitions will advance to the Regional Finals, which will take place on March 14. The top 16 Regional finalists will advance to the championship event, to be held on April 18 in San Francisco. Finalists will battle the competition in a series of matches on Street Fighter IV until one player is left standing. The Grand Prize winner will receive an authentic Japanese-style Street Fighter arcade machine. All 16 finalists will receive MadCatz official Street Fighter IV FightPads and FightSticks, and will qualify for the quarter finals stage of the EVO Championship Series world finals, the premiere fighting championship series for video gamers being held July 17-19 in Las Vegas.

For additional tournament details and to obtain a list of official rules, visit a local GameStop retail location or http://www.gamestop.com/sfiv.

About GameStop Corp.

Headquartered in Grapevine, TX, GameStop Corp., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company, is the world’s largest video game and entertainment software retailer. The company operates 6, 188 retail stores in 17 countries worldwide. The company also operates two e-commerce sites, GameStop.com and EBgames.com, and publishes Game Informer(R) magazine, a leading multi-platform video game publication. GameStop Corp. sells new and used video game software, hardware and accessories for video game systems from Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft. In addition, the company sells PC entertainment software, related accessories and other merchandise. General information on GameStop Corp. can be obtained at the company’s corporate website: http://www.gamestopcorp.com.

WIIIIIIIIIIIII eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. Its gonna be a bitch fighting the cats here. Valley kids are the toughest S.O.B.s next to the cats in NY. Fuck it. I’m in.

update:
damn, I ’m not gonna make it for the 3 round tourney. San Jose is too far for me. Hopefully I win something for Round 2 and draw out in Round 3.

Kid Presentable
02-09-2009, 11:15 PM
Thanks Audio, you picked a great thread (the ratings don't lie).

Nerd tiers:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost...postcount=2531

S +
Sagat, Viper, Gouki, Zangief

S
Ryu, Bison(Boxer), Rufus, Blanka

A
Chun li, Vega(Dictator), Ken, Dhalshim, Abel, Honda, El Fuerte

B
Balrog(Claw), Guile

All the Vega heads will be pissed. I got splattered frequently by Vega until I started maining with Fei Long in HD Remix. And Guile has been nerfed a bit, although in another reference to HD Remix, it seems like every single fucking person on the planet uses Guile exactly the same way. flick flick flick sonic boom jump kick flick flick flick fierce punch blah blah fuck off. Another one troubled by Fei in the right hands (not that my patch ass play is ever 'right' consistently).

Personally I believe at a non-tourney level (ie my level of everyday play) - a player is more important than a tier rating.

Audio.
02-10-2009, 12:08 AM
well tiers aint exactly all true, pure and mighty its just a way to say which character is more in demand or simply one with more wins. Sagat has been a no 'surpriser' for a long time till SF3rd Strike. Even in the new game he has God Tier. But Obviously this doesnt make him unbeatable. All in all Tiers is just crap or a better used as an example on popular characters. I think we both know of this.

AAAAAAAAARRRRGH I'm still mad to hear that Madcatz only made a few manufactured controls of the SF4 Tournament Edition but fuck it, I'm all ready use to the one i got here.

But as of now El Fuerte and Vega both share the low on the list. Bison dropped down and Guile. Abel went up. mmm Tiers arent reliable source and even after SFA3 their tiers changed to A-ism being the best, later after Valle and Daigo it turned to Ryu in V-ism and then Sakura in V-ism recently.

Audio.
02-12-2009, 02:40 AM
ALMOST HERE!!

Its like having to wait during a road trip for taking a dump till you're at pit stop.

Audio.
02-12-2009, 02:45 AM
So here is a psd file waiting to be opened for your very own SF4 Fightstick
its a template you can add your design on and switch it with the cover on the original product - yes, it void warranty.
http://static.capcom.com/streetfighter/MadCatz/MadCatzFightStick_PanelTemplate.psd

Kid Presentable
02-12-2009, 02:46 AM
It leaked and the dudes at SOHH are playing it. The impressions of the netcode are pretty good, as there appear to be people in Japan playing it, too. And each party is connecting and playing a game as smooth as.

Audio.
02-12-2009, 02:55 AM
nice!

Audio.
02-12-2009, 02:59 AM
http://wa4.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/snow_infernus/large/dsc02349.jpg
also a pic of Snow in the Launch Party event. WARNING HUGE PICTURE!

Kid Presentable
02-12-2009, 03:36 AM
Oddly enough I found an interview the Telegraph did with Yoshinori Ono.

Street Fighter 4 producer interview
We talk to the producer of Street Fighter 4, Yoshinori Ono, ahead of the release of this year's top fighting title from Capcom.

By Nick Cowen and Tom Hoggins
Last Updated: 6:03PM GMT 11 Feb 2009

When you set out to make the next generation version of the Street Fighter franchise, what were your most immediate challenges?

Deciding exactly whose vision for Street Fighter IV was the best! As you can imagine, Street Fighter is dear to all of our hearts and there is a lot of artistic talent in Capcom, so naturally everyone had their own concept for what Street Fighter IV should be.

Can you give a brief description of the new characters?

Sure thing. C. Viper is a tough and beautiful agent whose true identity is shrouded in mystery. Rufus is a motorcycle repair shop grease monkey. He uses his own unique style of kung fu and has proclaimed himself America's greatest fighter. He is quite grotesque to look at! El Fuerte is a unique fighter in that he stands with one foot in the world of lucha libre wrestling and the other firmly anchored in the realm of gourmet cooking. And finally, Abel is a young amnesiac desperately chasing down the remnants of Shadaloo, searching for any clues that could possibly help him find his family and recover his memories.

Are any of the old characters not making a return? And if so, why?

All of the original characters from Street Fighter II have returned, including the bosses. When we set out to make Street Fighter IV, we wanted as much to revive what happened in 1992 when Street Fighter II first came out as to create a new fighting game. We realise that for many people, Street Fighter II was the beginning and the end of fighting games. Street Fighter IV is a reset, if you like. A return to what got everyone so excited in the first place. Please think of Street Fighter IV as much as an exercise in nostalgia as the latest instalment in the series. But also please don’t think we’ve not added anything new! There are lots of reasons for seasoned players to play too.

Are any of their back stories different or fleshed out in any way?

The game is set shortly after Street Fighter II, so the story for each character has moved on, but the essence of each character remains the same. So Ryu is still the devout wandering warrior and Chun Li is back as an ICPO agent. We actually make much more of the story in Street Fighter IV than we have in previous Street Fighters, with each character having their own anime stories told throughout the game.

Who is your favourite character?

I often answer El Fuerte, because he’s my favourite of the new characters and I feel that I should be promoting them, but in truth I’d have to say Dhalsim. When I think about Street Fighter over the years, I’d have to say that it’s Dhalsim that springs to mind the most. He always has. It’s not that I necessarily even like him! But he really does stand out to me. I remember the first time I fought a Dhalsim player in the arcade. I was a Ken player back in those days, but Dhalsim really won me over with his charm. Nobody moves like him and he has brilliant reach with his limbs - he can really catch you off guard sometimes, can’t he? The instant I saw him move around the screen, I knew I wanted to control him. I still want to! Dhalsim is a great character.

Apart from Street Fighter IV, of course, what was your favourite game in the series?

I would have to say SFII Championship Edition. It was simply the easiest for me to pick up and play and the level of challenge was tuned just right. I mean, you could actually play as the Shadaloo bosses! That was such a big deal back then. There were plenty of people who couldn’t even take those bosses down in Street Fighter II, so the ability to control them was nothing short of mind-blowing. Not only that, the overall game balance was tweaked really well for versus play.

The best part was that the move input timing had been adjusted, resulting in even smoother play. It became easier to get characters to do exactly what you wanted them to do. Which is very important, I think.

When Turbo came out, the high speed made it really difficult to “read” or anticipate your opponents’ next moves. I felt kind of bummed that I could no longer enjoy that aspect of the game.

That’s why I prefer Championship Edition over Turbo. Not only is it nostalgic, but it’s one heck of a game!

What new moves can we expect? And which move is your favourite?

Each character has basically the same move set with some tweaks. That’s important because we established the rules of engagement with these moves in Street Fighter II and so we wanted to keep those rules intact. What each character does have new, though, that makes this Street Fighter IV and not II is the Focus Attack and the Ultras.

The Ultras are very dramatic powerful moves that become available to the player as he gets beaten up. The camera angles go wild, it’s very exciting to watch.

The Focus Attack is my favourite new move, and it’s quite a multifunctional tool. The controls are simple. All you do is press mid punch and mid kick at the same time. But, by stringing together this simple input with combos and other techniques, the available depth really begins to show itself. Players can use it to absorb fireballs and ride through attacks, and also to ‘collapse’ the other player, giving you space to perform big combos.

It’s important to note that you can also cancel out of this maneuver and segue into another move to get really tricky with people. This technique can be utilised by just about anyone with ease. It has a very low barrier of entry.

Is the move list a bit more balanced (for example you could finish the game with M.Bison using just one move)?

Yes, it is. One of the benefits of using the original characters is we can benefit from 17 years of playtesting. Getting the balancing right is always a challenge as players in the arcades can discover things sometimes many months after the game’s release that change the game at high level play, so ‘tiering’ as it’s known is always going to exist. Some characters will be considered more powerful than others, but those positions will change as the game’s life cycle progesses. Right now, the playing field is pretty even according to the elite players, with Sagat edging out on top slightly and Vega sitting at the bottom. But that’s for the elite players. For most people, the decider on how powerful a character is will be if they’re even capable of doing their special moves, and definitely any character can be effective. It’s the player that matters, not the character.

Why is Street Fighter sticking to a side-scrolling, 2D format?

I really think fighting games are less games in the traditional sense and more as being what you might call a “digital fighting tool”. All it really provides are the rules and a stage for you to fight within.

It’s natural for games within a series to maintain a high degree of consistency. I mean, how many times have the rules of chess changed throughout history? I honestly can’t say that I think implementing sweeping changes to the basic rules of a fighting game is a praiseworthy endeavor. To be sure, some players will be disappointed that the rules this time around are similar to what they’ve already played. I’m willing to take criticism for that, but I maintain that what really brings out the depth of any fighting game and makes them truly fun is a mastery of the rules. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: we aren’t attempting to reinvent the fighting game wheel with Street Fighter IV. All we set out to do is to take the established rule set we are all accustomed to and build on it, tuning it appropriately to fit today’s gaming landscape. If and when we truly go for a full on reinvention of the proverbial wheel, it will probably be through a brand new title and not a sequel to an established series like this.

Street Fighter II was hugely influential in the rise in popularity of video arcades in the West. Do you think Street Fighter IV is, in a way, bringing the arcade into every home – was this an intention at the outset?

I guess Street Fighter IV is bringing the arcade into every home, but I can’t take the credit for that – there are already countless games that bring the arcade experience via Xbox Live and PSN. Though obviously Street Fighter IV is better than those games if for you the arcades were always about Street Fighter! We have also tried to assimilate that feeling of being challenged when playing in arcade – by having a new challenger interruption feature. This way I believe even if you are playing arcade mode at home, you would still have that tension that anyone could challenge you anytime.

How have you made Street Fight IV accessible to casual gamers while at the same time satisfying the demands of hardcore fans? Was this balance difficult to achieve?

Actually, it depends on what you think the casual gamers want and what you think the hardcore fans want. As long as they don’t want opposing things (and I don’t think they do) you can give them both what they want and not to the detriment of the other. So for the casual players we have made performing the moves easier, which is good because many people haven’t performed dragon punches for a long time, or maybe never before. And we have the stylish look of the Ultra attacks, which are very exciting when you perform them. And then for the hardcore we have the new Focus Attack to play with, as well as the new characters.

But actually, with Street Fighter IV our goal was not to make a Street Fighter that satisfies everybody, since that would have been impossible. Instead we wanted to make a Street Fighter that would be familiar to those who loved Street Fighter II the best, but make it into the kind of game that people expect with today’s quality of game. So with this as our goal, and Street Fighter II as our inspiration, we set out to make the best game we could, which will hopefully satisfy many types of people, both casual and hardcore.

Will the online play have a skill ranking? Or will newbies risk being crushed depending on who they are unfortunate enough to challenge?

In SFIV we have the BP (Battle Points) system. This does not only take in consideration of the winning ratio but against whom and how those wins and losses were made. It then gives a standardized value to which players are ranked accordingly. There are several bands for various BP and so a beginner is unlikely to meet a super player online, or at least when the BP distribution settles a while after the feature starts.

Is Street Fighter III: Third Strike ever coming to Xbox Live? And if not, why?

Lots of people have asked! Maybe enough, maybe not enough.

Do you think Street Fighter IV will lead a resurgence of fighting games in the same way Street Fighter II did?

I can only hope so.

What do you make of the Street Fighter tournament scene and do you think Street Fighter IV will be as widely used in this sense?

I am hoping that SFIV will be used as a standard tournament tool in the next few years. I say this because SFIV only became a reality as a result of continuing requests from the fans themselves wanting an arrival of a new fighting tool. So I hope, that those that asked for this, will like it and is willing to use it forever and after!

Audio.
02-12-2009, 03:18 PM
SFIV Prima Guide
http://wa1.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/snow_infernus/cammy_ppcu-4.jpg

SFIV is only a couple days away, and if you're like me you need some pointers occasionally. The Prima Guide for SFIV is here to help. I have a clip from Cammy's part of the guide for you guys to take a peek at. Check it out.

Here's what Lex from Prima has to say about here:

"Rounding out the console-exclusive characters is fan favorite, Cammy. Like many of the other returning characters, she hasn’t changed much, but it’s hard to tell how well she’ll be able to hang with the rest of the cast. Her Cannon Spike remains her best anti air attack, and the Hooligan Combination is still effective in the right hands. The Quick Spin Knuckle is just as evasive as it once was and has Armor Break properties to beef it up slightly. Cammy also has the Spiral Arrow dive kick in the air, and while it can be used from the ground instantly with a Tiger Knee motion, it’s not as effective as Rufus, Akuma or Gouken’s dive kicks."

The guide is packed full of all the characters, so be sure to pick one up when it's out to get your game at it's best for all them.

Audio.
02-12-2009, 03:37 PM
and a picture of Seth (S-kill) at the Launch Party place.
http://wa3.images.onesite.com/capcom-unity.com/user/snow_infernus/large/seth.jpg

Find more about it here http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/12/psa-street-fighter-iv-launch-party-open-to-the-public/

ANYONE IS INVITED FOR FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!
The where:
The Geffen Contemporary at the Museum of Contemporary Art
152 North Central Avenue, Los Angeles CA 90012

The when:
Thursday, February 12th, 2009, from 8pm-12 midnight.

The who:
You! Yes, you. And your squirrely cousin. And his best friend. On February 12th, any friend of Street Fighter is a friend of ours, and is welcome at the party.

The how:
You sign up for the party by dropping an email to sfevent@capcom.com and await your RSVP!

The what:
So what's happening? If a roomful of SFIV isn't enough to keep you smiling, we've also got:

* Producer Yoshinori Ono on hand for autographs
* Live performance by The Knux
* Live performance by Supreme Soul from America's Best Dance Crew
* Live performance by DJ QBert
* Customized fitted caps by Estate LA (www.estatela.com)
* Customized etching by Coveroo (www.coveroo.com)
* Customized sketches by Udon artists
* Street Fighter Club Room – If you missed us in LA, SF and NYC, here's your chance to relive the magic
* Screening of the new Street Fighter anime "The Ties That Bind"
* Old-school arcade cabinets redesigned and reinterpreted by artists and fashion labels

Audio.
02-12-2009, 04:17 PM
YEAAAAAH I'm INVITED!

Audio.
02-12-2009, 09:03 PM
I'll bring pictures on Friday (y)

Kid Presentable
02-13-2009, 03:13 AM
Cool, man

Review - hypeGN but still (http://au.xbox360.ign.com/articles/953/953770p2.html)

Audio.
02-13-2009, 02:20 PM
What a night. Both horrible and great. Well, the line was HORRIBLE.

I got my rsvp yesterday and invited my cousins to go with me to LA's downtown area or the Little Tokyo area. The event starts @ 8pm, I took the camry to my cousin's house later the battery dies and we left it in front of his house and went back to my house to ride in a different car. This was around 6:30. Finally. We arrived at the event's line outside in the cold around 7:30pm.
At first there was a huge line taking 3 trips forward and back. Some people were ditching so the line got shorter. I thought were are almost there before 8pm started until I find out how fully huge the line is spread. sigh. 8:30pm I start wanting to urinate. 9 something, Neal McDonough (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0568180/) gets out of the Escalade and brushes a few inches in front of me along with his wife into the building. Seconds later I realized it was him. Grrrrr. I could of stopped him for a picture but eh.
We find out that my cousin's ex co-worker was in line behind us after almost 2hrs in line and his cousin - being the crazy fellow he is- went quietly to cut in line like far out in front of us. We followed and everything was awesome (props to him). Later the security guards or bouncers were asking for IDs. Unfortunately for one of my cousins and a guy in front of us didnt bring theirs so they had to go back home. sucks. My cousin's friend ditch the line and we stayed like true troopers out in the fucking cold for several hours just to see what the fucking loud cheering and Q-bert's loud beats were.
Well, lets cut this short. 11pm still in line the security told us and the rest we might not get inside. We were pissed at how bad the line was handled. People formed their own lines when security thought the could go in. RSVP wasnt mentioned. Showing IDs werent needed. Groups were cutting. They poorly handled this 'line'. But we got in.

I'll upload pics a little later.

Audio.
02-13-2009, 07:40 PM
already posted on the family thread.

Kid Presentable
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Awesome line recap.

Seriously, though. Thanks for posting the photos.

A selection of clips. (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=street+fighter+iv+launch+party)

Audio.
02-13-2009, 11:48 PM
thanks for the videos :)

I'm hoping to see IGN's and G4's report on this - kind of anxious to see if I made it in some video (I was filmed playing :p). Supposedly FOX news was interviewing gamers.

READ this. This is exactly how it went in the event. pretty good read.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/89433-Street-Fighter-IV-Launch-Party-in-Three-Short-Stories

Audio.
02-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Street Fighter 4 pick up @ gamestop tomorrow. Yes, a day early. :)

but the dilemma rises. i have missed a few class sessions due to my f'ing food poisoning and so the guys at gamestop tells me they ordered 200 copies but only 45 copies are in the store. I said I resevered mine albeit I still have to be there early in the morning because those 45 copies are actually or could be interpreted as reserved copies (if I understood right). At any rate, i have classes during the morning right around the same time the store opens.
So, I ask myself. To Shoryuken or no Shoryuken, that is the question.

The Notorious LOL
02-16-2009, 05:58 PM
I took work off for this. We're having a dork party.

Audio.
02-18-2009, 12:32 AM
ADD ME!! PS3: Audio_C5005.

(y)

The Notorious LOL
02-18-2009, 01:30 AM
I had a dork party.

Kid Presentable
02-18-2009, 02:38 AM
Do you have sticks? Are you still on Live? Is it good, cause I don't have it yet?

Pres Zount
02-18-2009, 06:36 AM
I got it for 360 yesterday. Brilliant, but seems to be too much of trial and error with the 360 D-pad. I want to do a hadoken, I do a shoryuken and vice versa. Half the time the specials don't work. It's frustrating, but I'm not going to blame it all on the controller, since this is the first time I've played it since SFII on my cousin's SNES. It might be just me, is what I mean.

I do want to try it with arcade sticks, but I've never seen them around. Arcades or arcade-like controllers.

I tried to play it on live today while I had a day off work, but I couldn't connect to anyone with remotely the same connection thingie. So it wouldn't connect at all.

Kid Presentable
02-18-2009, 07:23 AM
I got it for 360 yesterday. Brilliant, but seems to be too much of trial and error with the 360 D-pad. I want to do a hadoken, I do a shoryuken and vice versa. Half the time the specials don't work. It's frustrating, but I'm not going to blame it all on the controller, since this is the first time I've played it since SFII on my cousin's SNES. It might be just me, is what I mean.

I skip the d-pad on turbo and use the analog stick. Once you get used to it, it's alright.

fucking want to play it though.

Pres Zount
02-18-2009, 07:31 AM
I tried the Xbox stick, but it did feel weird.. I might try again. In fact, I am going to try right now.

Kid Presentable
02-18-2009, 07:37 AM
I tried the Xbox stick, but it did feel weird.. I might try again. In fact, I am going to try right now.

It's mad twitchy, but Super Turbo is mad twitchy. From what I gather, IV has a bit more 'flow' and I could seen analog working pretty well.

fucking want to play it though.

Pres Zount
02-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Ok, after a while I got used to it and it works quite well. Ta.

The Notorious LOL
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
Do you have sticks? Are you still on Live? Is it good, cause I don't have it yet?

yes and yes. Notorious LOL

Kid Presentable
02-19-2009, 02:42 AM
Ok folks, here are the character unlock conditions (thanks to DrFedora below for the assist):

[Can unlock with one-round matches on the lowest difficulty level]
Sakura: Clear with Ryu
Cammy: Clear with C. Viper
Dan: Clear with Sakura
Fei-Long: Clear with Abel
Gen: Clear with Chun-Li
Rose: Clear with Dictator

Gouki/Akuma: After unlocking the above six, defeat Akuma
[For one-round matches: At least one perfect, no continues]
Gouken: After finishing the game with Akuma, defeat Gouken with any character (READ THIS: YOU MUST BEAT THE GAME WITH AKUMA FIRST, THEN BEAT IT WITH ANYONE ELSE AND FACE GOUKEN, THEN DEFEAT HIM)
[For one-round matches: at least one perfect, no continues, at least two Ultra finishes]
Seth: Clear with all other characters

NOTE: Akuma and Gouken only appear to show up on the second or later playthrough with a given character. Perhaps it depends on your performance in Arcade Mode.

Jacked, but hey.

Audio.
02-19-2009, 03:23 AM
anyone wanna play?

PS3: Audio_C5005

Pres Zount
02-19-2009, 08:43 AM
Who is Canyon1917? I have them as a friend on xbox live but have a terrible memory. They better not be a random because I hate randoms.

I am on live sometimes, but it seems I can't get a good connection, and my name is Joe Vince.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2009, 05:17 AM
So I'm gonna spend the weekend unlocking characters and doing the challenges (mainly just to beat the fuck out of Dan). I might give online a whirl in a couple of days.

Fuck it's pretty good, huh?

Pres Zount
02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
It's fantastic. I have unlocked Sakura, Dan, Cammy, Fei Long and Rose so far. The challenges are hard, but fair. Ha.

I can't do all of the combos that they get you to do in the trials though. Some of them seem very hard. Plus I don't have a HD TV and the writting seems too small for me to read and understand what they want me to do.

I really want to play you online KP.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2009, 10:36 AM
Yeah we'll make it happen; sooner rather than later I hope. I wanted to get Gouken but I just went through the fucking wringer against Seth a bunch of times and I can't be bothered at the minute.

I know I will probably get on tomorrow sometime regardless, I just have to buy some shit for the new house. We can tee it up here or facebooks or whatever, let me know. (y)

Sakura is great to use again, and I'm looking forward to giving Fei a go. He's awesome fun in SSF2THDR ( letters lol). To be honest, I could just play the Ryu/Sagat grudge match over and over - shit's so dramatical and cinematical.

EDIT: How fucking cool a character is Abel? Dude is the consumate Streetfighter character.

Pres Zount
02-20-2009, 11:04 AM
He does seem pretty good, yes. Abel that is.

We will work it out for sure. In fact, we should have some sort of tournament. Wont happen, but still. Wouldn't it be good if you could play people with PS3s? I'll try to be online Saturday night, actually.

I really like Sagat, and Dhalsim is appealing to me too, although I don't know why because he seems hard to use. It might just be me. Sakura seems like an easy character to play as, and she's another one of my favourites.

The joy of achievement with this is great. Not unlocking things, but being able to beat a harder difficulty, or pulling off a combo always makes me feel on top of the world.

I am annoyed at Zangief (Zan- good- grief! more like) and his cheaty throw up in the air and pummel whenever you get close move. Also amazed at the originality of a last boss (Seth? Sounds like some one's stoner buddy) that is simply an android that does everyone else's moves.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Yeah Seth is crazy. Cheap as fuck; I sometimes opted out of those technical landings cause he'd just be in my face as soon as I kipped up. Let the dude wander a bit hah.

I did some further reading and I believe he can be unlocked by completing the story with Gouken. We shall meet up tomorrow night I think, and see what's what. Keep me posted (I'll check on here and such).

I don't think my 360 had been on for so long; I smelled burning plastic and freaked out a touch.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2009, 11:19 AM
A better fucking unlockable thingie. (http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2009/jan/25/unlockable-characters-trophies-achievements-ps3-xbox-360-street-fighter-4/)

Audio.
02-20-2009, 09:16 PM
I never really used sagat but once I did I had an easy long winning streak over ryu. about 15 matches. I really like him and I feel like I can get out of quick jams with his upper cut.

but i'm an Akuma player ( at least in alpha series) and in SF4 grrr I just dont see any real use for Akuma. he still has his bread and butter technique but with out his ex shoryuken (the one that doubles like Ken's) I cant see how Raging Demon would work out. His style has been seen, its easy to jump out of and you cant use focus in full and chain the demon afterwards, the recovery is too slow to do that. Plus you can easly shoryuken out of a raging demon punishing akuma in that way with the EX. Akuma is only good for spacing and someone with better patience. He is too weak and could easily be punished and same could done on a opponent but the chances of pulling a successful RD is difficult.
But its not to say that Akuma sucks. Just saying that this time you gotta be more perceptive and cautious on making mistakes. Its different than his rush in game play.

Kid Presentable
02-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I never really used sagat but once I did I had an easy long winning streak over ryu. about 15 matches. I really like him and I feel like I can get out of quick jams with his upper cut.

but i'm an Akuma player ( at least in alpha series) and in SF4 grrr I just dont see any real use for Akuma. he still has his bread and butter technique but with out his ex shoryuken (the one that doubles like Ken's) I cant see how Raging Demon would work out. His style has been seen, its easy to jump out of and you cant use focus in full and chain the demon afterwards, the recovery is too slow to do that. Plus you can easly shoryuken out of a raging demon punishing akuma in that way with the EX. Akuma is only good for spacing and someone with better patience. He is too weak and could easily be punished and same could done on a opponent but the chances of pulling a successful RD is difficult.
But its not to say that Akuma sucks. Just saying that this time you gotta be more perceptive and cautious on making mistakes. Its different than his rush in game play.

Check all of Akuma's challenges before you give up, you migh be able to cancel out of the focus into demon. Unless you have and you can't.

Audio.
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
its difficult because of the dash. But I'll see. i know if you opponent leg sweeps you can bust it and also when some one is about to touch the ground which means RD is deadly on a failed shoryuken.

I hate that arent any air blocks. :o I do like that Akuma can pwn Zangief and Sagat.

Kid Presentable
02-21-2009, 04:00 AM
Dash out of Focus attack is fucking lethal with Abel from what I can tell. It's lethal with anyone; I'm so glad I figured out the essence of that attack, now I just have to get good at exploiting it.

Joe if you're on it's about 5:30pm here, I should be on Live about half 8. Gonna have some dinner and put a letterbox in the ground.

Pres Zount
02-21-2009, 06:14 AM
Hopefully you should have owned me before the concrete is set in the ground.

I don't know what time I can get on live tonight, but I will see.

Pres Zount
02-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Kid P is DEVESTATING.

Kid Presentable
02-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Epic battles, man.

Audio.
02-21-2009, 09:14 PM
:(

no one really uses a ps3.

when is the champion mode gonna be available?

Kid Presentable
02-22-2009, 02:22 AM
My eyes and my hands hurt. Fucking hell. All in all, I'm really just a scrub with some good timing; I still make shitloads of unnecessary mistakes.

Played some interesting matches today. Using Gouken against some dude's Guile, he was owning me in the first, and he dazed me right before I died - which is when the cheeky prick took the time to taunt before dealing the fatal blow. No biggie usually, but in the third (ultra finish in the second) I trapped him in the corner, rushed him down and eventually dizzied him with low mp - vertical hurricane kick. With a tiny bar of his life left I took great fucking pleasure in taunting and putting him away for good. Oh yes I am a small, small man.

Had some very even match ups today, also - one dude and I were 3 win streaks back and forth for about 20 matches. I then feigned that I had to go and sent a "gg" message when I got to 4 consecutive wins ha. Abel came through for me a couple of times, but such a brand new character leaves me plenty to learn.

I keep encountering Ken and Ryu players (nothing wrong with that) who just play like it's SF2. That's cool and all, but it's given me motivation to learn to put the focus attack to better use. I played an elite Japanese player today who used focus like it was light punch and wrecked shop on me. There's always someone better than you.

Audio.
02-22-2009, 02:57 AM
Akuma players are easy, or at least scrubs playing akuma. I think Gouken is a master in defense. Blanka players are tricky but could easily just do fireballs at them over and over. Do a lot of jumping, as well. Um, havent face a rufus player. C.Viper ... I dont see how she is fierce. Ryu players make me laugh. Zangief players are easy. Honda players are tough, though all I do against them is repeat fireball and jump a lot or play keep away till they do something stupid. Its hard to beat their defense. No one really has manage to use Cammy that great. I played the CPU in the hardest level and there was no way I could of beaten Cammy so I know how potential Cammy could be. Sagat...hhmm its like fighting another Ken but much more of a easier target due to size. Chun-li players are tricky. Guile...grrr guile. Balrog, meh. Sakura mmmm I love using her so I hate to beat in a match. El Fuerte.... I pwn his ass. Many times. Bison... I'm on equal end with those that use Bison (Dictator).

aaah and now Abel....same as playing against Blanka.
Those are my experiences and well really, i dont win in every single match I'm just saying majority that use those character are fairly and really easy to beat. So far I find Guile, Chun-Li, Blanka, E.Honda and sometimes Ryu and Ken players to be the hardest. I do believe Cammy could be top tier if only people really know how to use her well. She is insane!

Kid Presentable
02-22-2009, 05:04 AM
Akuma players are easy, or at least scrubs playing akuma. I think Gouken is a master in defense. Blanka players are tricky but could easily just do fireballs at them over and over. Do a lot of jumping, as well. Um, havent face a rufus player. C.Viper ... I dont see how she is fierce. Ryu players make me laugh. Zangief players are easy. Honda players are tough, though all I do against them is repeat fireball and jump a lot or play keep away till they do something stupid. Its hard to beat their defense. No one really has manage to use Cammy that great. I played the CPU in the hardest level and there was no way I could of beaten Cammy so I know how potential Cammy could be. Sagat...hhmm its like fighting another Ken but much more of a easier target due to size. Chun-li players are tricky. Guile...grrr guile. Balrog, meh. Sakura mmmm I love using her so I hate to beat in a match. El Fuerte.... I pwn his ass. Many times. Bison... I'm on equal end with those that use Bison (Dictator).

Guile shits me, still, so I used him for a few fights and he's a safe bet for sort of easy wins.

Seriously, I saw a Viper today that was otherworldly - that back circle punch electric thing juggles, and she was all over the place regardless. I was simply outclassed by this person, though. Being able to drop that kick at any point in the air is pretty lethal.

Don't be so quick to judge Abel - I think his ability to forward roll out of anything and the priority of his throw specials are just a small part of his appeal. His QCF punch links into forward strikes (forward high and forward mid I think the command list calls them), but you can just as easily follow it up instead with Fierce and do the fireball action again, and lead that into a super if you want. Basically, if he gets close to you, get the fuck out. Not that I'm an expert, but I imagine most people are writing off the new characters, and Abel in particular is just fucking insane.

Audio.
02-22-2009, 05:18 AM
I think Akuma can handles Viper badly. From all the matches I've seen Akuma acts defensively rather than on the natural aggressiveness he incorporates in his offense like any of the game he is in. The fact that by playing defensively and nitpicking or doing a HK+Spin/LK+Dragon Punch HP juggle could deal 40% damage if you use ex mestu after dash cancel the dragon punch can be very lethal. But when C.Viper does her flame kick, your chances of doing SGS (raging demon) is very high chance beating her ass. I think Akuma could handle C.Viper fine. Just encase you need someone better to beat her.

I'm trying to study momochi.

Kid Presentable
02-22-2009, 05:41 AM
Yeah to be fair I've never been much of an Akuma user. Liking Gouken a heap, even if I get tested fairly frequently. Learning and all, you know?

Pres Zount
02-22-2009, 05:43 AM
I think I'm going to try to become good at Dan.

Kid Presentable
02-22-2009, 05:45 AM
You have a pretty solid Dan game, Joe. Plus Dan ROCKS!!!!!

Pres Zount
02-22-2009, 05:48 AM
I like his colours, plus he is funny!!

Kid Presentable
02-22-2009, 05:49 AM
HK+Spin/LK+Dragon Punch HP juggle could deal 40% damage if you use ex mestu after dash cancel the dragon punch
Sorry, man; can you elaborate on this? Just on where you're plugging the dash and which moves you mean? I know and use the light hurricane into dragon punch juggle from the old days - if you have a IV specific treat I'm all ears (eyes, whatever).

Audio.
02-22-2009, 06:17 PM
okay after doing
MK forward from the air to your opponent, you do a LK Hurricane Spin, after that do HP Dragon Punch - cancel it, than do EX hadouken. Supposedly that takes away 40% alone.

Kid Presentable
02-23-2009, 04:05 AM
alright man, thanks.

Audio.
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM
been playing against Blanka and I kind of got the idea of beating him. I gotta play defensively, keep doing fb and stop after his bar is full or has some ex power left, and bait him to jump over and dp his ass in the air. Rinse and repeat.

I lost to Abel, he was not hard. We had lags so the match was in favor of his every time I tried to do dp or fb. Just keep jumping is all ya need to do. I ALMOST beat him and because of the lag I couldnt get my ultra going ( I thought I did) after 2 sec hold the gameplay just showed me doing a LP. I had more health by 30-40% and he was like about to die. After my failed attempt at the ultra move he then comes up with this own. grrrr. it took away the very last bit of my health. Lucky.

Kid Presentable
02-23-2009, 05:32 PM
It's fun learning how to replace or alternate jump in attacks with focus attacks as a different means of starting a combo. Bear in mind we never got the arcade version so this is new to me; but that Akuma combo you mentioned is pretty nice if you focus into it, dash cancel and then go into the Light Hurricane blah blah blah

Audio.
02-23-2009, 05:50 PM
:)

SF IV: T. Hawk & Dee Jay confirmed!?!
An interview with Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori Ono from a recent Famitsu blog reveals that both T. Hawk and Dee Jay have already been developed into to pre-texturing 3D models. For T. Hawk, the developers even went so far as to come up with plans for how the he would fight in SF IV. "If there's demand from users, we're ready to revive them at any point." said Ono.

Famitsu asked Ono to explain how they decided which characters would make it into the home versions of SF IV. The selection process, he explained, was by a vote conducted in America. The voting was done with "light" users and "core" users alike. Characters like Cammy and Fei Long were in the top ranks of the light users. Rose and Gen were tops with the core users.

Ono added that those who stick with SF IV for a long time could see some "nice announcements." Famitsu asked if this means that players can look forward to a SF IV Dash ("Dash" is the Japanese version of Championship Edition). Ono responded: "I'd truly like to personally do this! Of course, demand from users is required. So please show your support!"

Pres Zount
02-23-2009, 06:05 PM
I got all the characters :cool:

I thought at first you had to unlock Akuma and Gouken on medium (= almost impossible) difficulty, but you can do it on Easy (read: very easy) mode.

Actually, I can get up to Seth on most difficulty modes but I have trouble with him even on the easier ones :/

You guys are talking about all these nuts combos, but I am pretty proud of myself for doing a jump and kicking someone, then uppercutting them, then fire-balling them, then doing a focus attack. :cool: that took me hours to learn.

Kid Presentable
02-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Wait til you see how much damage Seth takes as a selectable chatracter. Fun, though. (y)

ET
02-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Ah, Trial mode! Fuck that shit. The focus attacks and dash cancels make it feel like a whole new ball game. I definitely have to get used to EX focusing. It seems that vital.

Also, motherfucking Ken.

Audio.
02-24-2009, 12:36 PM
aaahh I wished there were more Blankas players in Player mode. Assholes always fuck me up in rank. Its getting easy but I loose some points because they are usually over my rank. So far I face 315 matches online. My Winning percentage is rising and had 9 wining streak. Glad I'm getting my arcade stick. I'll wait till I need swana buttons to modify. I'm just happy this way doing ultras, EX moves, grabs, and focus will now be easier to execute in time. Like 10x better.

Kid Presentable
02-25-2009, 04:43 AM
So when I play against Gief players (one of my great regrets is never learning Gief) I hit jab repeatedly when I'm waking up to stop them from Spinning Pile Driving me every time I stand up. It ticks them back far enough to put me out of range, and if I'm using Bison it feeds into all sorts of fun and games.

My question is does it work the same way against Honda's Oicho throw? I got spamed with that and I thought I saw a frame where I could stick some jabs in but only thought about it while playing against Zangers later on.

Pres Zount
02-25-2009, 05:32 AM
My younger brother is loving Gouken. I hate him.

Lol at Gief and Zanger. Love it.

So I look up Sagat's 'Fake Kick' move online to tell me how the fuck to do it, and it seems like I am not the only one having trouble. How have you brilliant Street Fighter players completed this useless move in the trial section?

Kid Presentable
02-25-2009, 06:14 AM
My younger brother is loving Gouken. I hate him.

Lol at Gief and Zanger. Love it.

So I look up Sagat's 'Fake Kick' move online to tell me how the fuck to do it, and it seems like I am not the only one having trouble. How have you brilliant Street Fighter players completed this useless move in the trial section?

Nah I haven't done it (or many of the trials). Is it the double heavy-kick?

Pres Zount
02-25-2009, 06:19 AM
Yeah, it is. I have been madly pressing high kick in various combinations and levels of anger. I can't seem to do it.

Kid Presentable
02-28-2009, 05:04 AM
No-one on the corner has swagger like Balrog.

Kid Presentable
03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Gonna flang in a nother quick post about the Ken scrubs, they actually taught me something today. Since few of them can actually combo and instead hit Heavy punch --------delay-------Heavy Dragon punch, I kept going for the sweep after the Heavy Punch and eating flames. So lo and behold, I learned to be patient in punishing them.

ET
03-01-2009, 02:30 PM
These people haven't heard of mind games.

Kid Presentable
03-01-2009, 07:53 PM
Which really hurt when I was falling for them.

Pres Zount
03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
I was playing online, doing an ok job, when I came across a guy playing Akuma with about 3000 more point than me and a bad connection, he demanded to play so I did.

He just jumped backwards every time I moved forwards and shot fireballs at me the WHOLE time. Totally boring. I was Dan so I couldn't shoot back, and I guess I sucked enough to not be able to beat this type of spamming. I got hit a few times and then just jumped the rest, and by that I meant we went the whole match him shooting and me jumping. I reasoned that his fingers would get tired easier than mine. The time ran out and he won. I am stubborn.

Next match I couldn't be fucked and I was pissed off that this guy would do anything to win rather than just play a good game, so I stood there and did nothing. He shot me a few times, then beat up on me. He built up his super combo and intended to finish me off with it... but I jumped out of the way at the last second and made him just beat me normally. hahaha. Because his points were so far ahead of mine (I had only started playing really) he only won ONE point for the whole wasted effort.

Also shit that everyone on the top of the leader board is Seth. Damn, use a proper character. I sent the top ranked Dan player a message of congratulations.

Kid Presentable
03-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Is it true there are Dan Hibiki fan websites?

Pres Zount
03-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I just found some, but they seem dated to 2007 at best.

Kid Presentable
03-01-2009, 10:02 PM
That's fucking shit, that is.

Audio.
03-02-2009, 04:02 AM
my gouken is better than your shoto. Seriously been beasting on cammy, fei, honda, ryu, chunster, ken, akuma and sagat. I can already maky 5 counters on Ryu's ultra and one powerful counter on everyone's ultra that strikes and after that counter you dont fuck with my gouken. love the sound effect of the parry over a ultra.

Kid Presentable
03-06-2009, 10:02 AM
For Pres - my mate on LIVE, stalked and all. (http://belowzero85.livejournal.com/profile)

Pres Zount
03-06-2009, 10:11 AM
Ahahaha. I'm going to tell him to forgive you, else I'll come and kick his arse.

EDIT: should turn it into a "You have beaten the apprentice, are you ready to face the master?" type thing. Only problem is I'm worse than you, ahahaha.

Kid Presentable
03-06-2009, 10:14 AM
Looking at him, I'll just focus on destroying him next time. Punishing, etc. I'm not sorry now that I've seen him. (y)

Talk in about 8 days.

Edit: Ali Baba and the Fuerte thieves.

The Notorious LOL
03-06-2009, 12:53 PM
my friend is currently ranked somewhere in the 200s.

He and I are going to a tourament tomorrow, and I fully expect to get my ass handed to me (y)

Pres Zount
03-07-2009, 10:48 AM
If you play as Dan it will look like you lost on purpose. That is my strategy, use it wisely.

Audio.
03-07-2009, 11:34 PM
lol even wining with Dan also shows to others you are a master of Street Fighter. I won countless times over scrubs using Dan. He is an enjoyable character and his quarterback-circle kick really does save your ass from supers and ultras in mid air.

Pres Zount
03-08-2009, 06:23 AM
Ha, yes Audio. Whatever you say. :rolleyes:

I do think my strategy is a little better than that.

Audio.
03-08-2009, 05:12 PM
what I'm saying is even if you win or lose with Dan it wont come off as bad with any other character. But, I sticks with Ken yeaaaah ftw

ET
03-08-2009, 08:53 PM
Going to pick it up soon, depending on how much my copy of Pacific Rift trades in/exchanges for. et3002 on XBAWKS Live.

Kid Presentable
03-22-2009, 04:27 AM
my friend is currently ranked somewhere in the 200s.

He and I are going to a tourament tomorrow, and I fully expect to get my ass handed to me (y)

What came of this excursion, man. Who does your friend use? Are you exlusively a Ryu user etc etc

I been offline for about 10 days, took some fucking beans today. Picked it up in the lat few, got some wins and shit. You know, shit and shit.

The Notorious LOL
03-22-2009, 11:17 AM
The place used pads instead of sticks, so we told them to go fuck themselves. He joined a local message board to find out where the other SF geeks hold tournaments and the like, and did a test run a few Saturday nights back. I was busy then, so I just got the recap that it was a bunch of socially retarded dudes in a cramped apartment in a run down suburb that smelled weird who took things way way too serious.

Currently, he is contacting bars to try to set up a tournament some night.

He uses Balrog for the most part, but can basically whoop ass with anyone. I tend to use Ryu, but occasionally break out Chun Li or Sakura.

Kid Presentable
03-31-2009, 03:28 AM
Fucking sick of flowchart Zangief (it's worse than Ken now). I can beat somebody a bunch of times, they play Zangief and have instant priority. My applause is lukewarm and sarcastic.

Audio.
03-31-2009, 03:58 AM
who do you use?

Kid Presentable
03-31-2009, 05:34 AM
Balrog. Lariat beats his Ultra for fuck's sake. I can dash back a lot, and he has some decent FADC shit but getting in on Gief is suicide.

Audio.
03-31-2009, 07:04 AM
you can back dash from wake up to make Gief wiff unless he does green hand.

Boxer's s.LP can zone Gief greatly plus its fast and has long range. Just punish Gief's lariat and green hand during recovery.

you can check gootecks against edma in this match to help on what i mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7VJW1vG_Mc

Kid Presentable
04-01-2009, 03:49 AM
Good video. I don't even know why I get heated, it's not like I'm a tournament player. Still, it's a fucking good game. I doubt anything this year is going to beat it for me (not beat my penis for me, but rather beat the quality of SFIV).

Audio.
04-01-2009, 05:10 AM
maybe KOF

but why compare, right?

I was fighting with some guy on my PSN Friend list he is double the time better than I am in BP. So it was sort of nice that I won 4 matches with Sagat and Dan against his 39 wins over me lol. So I recorded some of our matches and I havent seen them yet so I wouldnt know how good do I look in our fight. Will upload the vid some point later.

Kid Presentable
04-01-2009, 05:39 AM
I have like 9 BP. Ranked is shit, and it's a retarded system that's abused by quitters. I don't think it reflects skill (not accurately, anyhow).

Audio.
04-01-2009, 06:59 AM
psn's top BP rank player is a rage quitter. SF community is where the real fight is at you can build one. or try out this web
http://www.sftournaments.com/

Kid Presentable
04-04-2009, 03:02 AM
maybe KOF

but why compare, right?

I'd love to love KOF, but I haven't played one seriously since 96 -97. In fact, I never even got that into any of the SF 3 iterations. IV was what really reignited my love of fighting games. I suppose the sad thing about KOF is that more people would be into it if more people were into it (for online, particularly).

Anyway, SFIV. Can't find any sticks anywhere. Madcatz TE may be carried in stores here after June, and I've harassed a shop about Hori EX2 orders. Maybe I'll get lucky eventually. In spite of being stickless, I've mastered Cammy's Thrust Kick-->FADC-->Thrust Kick juggle on pad, and it gets me the occasional bit of praise (it's probably a nothing combo, but as Pres Zount pointed out earlier the sense of achievement is nice).

So the next step for SFIV? I don't know enough about frame data, but Zangief's wonky hit boxes make his lariat more powerful than it should be (Sweeping him with some characters gives you a standing hit box when you're crouching etc), and Sagat's Super into Ultra and powerful non-specials might need a tweak. As a Balrog player I haven't any input. People talk about making his headbutt invincible on wakeup; I think his high/low mix up game more than compensates.

What I would like to see in SF IV' would be more characters. But I'm not loving the promise of simply remodelling old well known and loved characters. Putting Hawk and DeeJay or even Yun and Dudley is almost too much of a nostalgia thrust.

I thought the Four suits in the unlocked art gallery would have been nice as new super-evil 'boss' characters who bring about the downfall of Shadoloo. Leading into the SF3 storylines (and explaining the absence of the SF2 cast). I don't think Capcom have much faith in their creativity anymore. I'm in no hurry, though. It's only been a month and a bit. The 'Dash' version will hopefully hit arcades before year end, and then be DLC next year or something.

Audio.
04-04-2009, 08:15 AM
try http://www.play-asia.com/ for the sticks.

Kid Presentable
04-04-2009, 09:27 AM
Tried, man. They're waiting for the Dollar to strengthen up again before they order more in. Cheers though.

Audio.
04-04-2009, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking of holding that SE stick I have here for a while until I get myself another arcade fight stick. Reason why is if I return it I get little refund now since well the full refund was only 30 days and its been about almost 2 months.

Wait around May to July thats were they're gonna be full in stock.
Also, I went on Amazon and saw that the hori sticks cost A LOT now. Like $999.00 or at least $200. These hori sticks never cost that much before and were only around $50 - $150. I dont get it?

Kid Presentable
04-04-2009, 08:11 PM
Demand outstripping supply = price going up (cue slide whistle, low to high noise, though, because that's the pattern the price followed)

I talked to a retailer who said in Australia alone their chain is ordering 500 units per store the next month, of the game alone, just to keep up with demand. I don't think Capcom, Madcatz or anybody expected it to sell like it has.

Audio.
04-04-2009, 08:15 PM
here you go. Make sure order this quick. Lizardlick isnt selling till the 2nd week of April. So no orders for now.
http://www.lizardlick.com/pages/madcatz.shtml

Kid Presentable
04-04-2009, 08:19 PM
Cheers dude. Will see what happens.

Planetary
04-05-2009, 01:31 PM
i just got it on saturday cause it was £27 ($55 AUS $40 US)

seemed like a bargain. im poo at it but its really fun, especially when i win :)

i use abel

Audio.
04-05-2009, 03:10 PM
anyone one have it on the PS3?

The Notorious LOL
04-05-2009, 10:30 PM
The fuck is a PS3?

I tried playing this on the conventional xbox controller the other night and good Jesus Christ in a Gravy Boat its like two completely different games. Trying to fucks with the four button setup is like jerking off with Ben Gay.

You absolutely need that big sexy hunk of $80 plastic to make this shit enjoyable. Oh nevermind they sell for like $200 now...anyway its well worth the investment as KOF will be released this summer for 360.

I need to get laid off so I can play this more and devote my evenings towards drinking instead of working, gaming, and skipping drinking.

Kid Presentable
04-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Twill sound a bit nerdy, but hey I'm in good company; I'm not going to mail order a stick. Knowing parts as I do, and knowing my luck with mail order goods, I know I'll get something faulty. A joystick only deteriorates, anyway. I know all my rights against AU retailers who sell shit that breaks down (as a joystick will), so I'm happy to wait in that light.

On the pad issue, it fucking sucks messing up executions, but hey. I manage. In fact, I completed all the normal trials with it. Stick will get me started on the hard ones.

Planetary, challenging others at Streeties has always been discouraging for the novice, from way back in the day until now. You only learn by getting whoomped on. In fact, I recall getting tick thrown to death by some dude in an arcade, then him and his Samoan mates beat me up and stoled my Raiders hat back in 94. And I'm still here. Do Abels trials, and play training mode to death against a a variety of characters to see what snuffs him. Also, play as a variety of characters against Abel to see what he does to snuff you. Good luck. You probably didn't even want advice haha.

Audio.
04-16-2009, 04:53 AM
SHORYUKEN-BUMP!

Kid Presentable
04-16-2009, 07:35 AM
Had a good couple of weeks (nearly entered a tournament but was too pissed to drive over), but got beaten on this week. Head in hands bad.

Audio.
04-16-2009, 05:07 PM
FINALS! w000t 2 days

I hope Justin wins and plays against those cats from the east, Poongko, Daigo, Iyo.

Planetary
04-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Twill sound a bit nerdy, but hey I'm in good company; I'm not going to mail order a stick. Knowing parts as I do, and knowing my luck with mail order goods, I know I'll get something faulty. A joystick only deteriorates, anyway. I know all my rights against AU retailers who sell shit that breaks down (as a joystick will), so I'm happy to wait in that light.

On the pad issue, it fucking sucks messing up executions, but hey. I manage. In fact, I completed all the normal trials with it. Stick will get me started on the hard ones.

Planetary, challenging others at Streeties has always been discouraging for the novice, from way back in the day until now. You only learn by getting whoomped on. In fact, I recall getting tick thrown to death by some dude in an arcade, then him and his Samoan mates beat me up and stoled my Raiders hat back in 94. And I'm still here. Do Abels trials, and play training mode to death against a a variety of characters to see what snuffs him. Also, play as a variety of characters against Abel to see what he does to snuff you. Good luck. You probably didn't even want advice haha.

im a bit better now, i won like 6 fights in a row. i got all the abel moves and when to use them mastered (except the grab from the air one, still polishing that), although i still have bogey characters. i think offline play is the way to improve this. still though, i was pleased with 6 in a row.

i dont mind the 360 controll. whats so better about the joystick

Kid Presentable
04-17-2009, 08:08 PM
The game was designed to be played on a stick with flat six button layout. Being able to 'piano' the button inputs is a big part of playing well. Things like Cancelling out of specials into focus and cancelling that into ultras is something I find next to impossible on the controller. The stick gives you access to the full potential of your reflexes.

It's not that it's essential per se; I could play on as I do. But when I encounter a competitive match where there is very little differentiation between me and the opponenet, the difference maker is usually the array of tools available at your disposal. The well-trained stick player will have those tools, and the unpredictability that affords them means in stick vs pad, a stick player usually has the edge. As long as they know how to use it.

Planetary
04-17-2009, 08:20 PM
i see. i havnt had chance to get into it really but if i do end up playing it more after my deadlines i might invest. or not. who knows?

Kid Presentable
04-17-2009, 08:23 PM
Finding the fucking things is tough.

Sorry hope I'm not being a prat with my warbling on (the Abel advice and that last post have me showing my stripes.).

Audio.
04-17-2009, 08:25 PM
dude, I got my ass beat by a pornstar actress/ model. I GOT PWND BY her Zangief lmao. My Sagat if a tough fucker and she simply won easily quick.

Played her 7 rounds I almost won by almost I mean like one pixel left on her bar, I could have won with Sagat, Ken and Gouken.

She use Honda, Zangief and Ryu and Ken.

NOTE NOT SAFE FOR WORK! after all she is a porn actress.
www.haileyishardcore.com

Kid Presentable
04-17-2009, 08:31 PM
DUDE YOU CAN'T LINK TO THAT SHIT THERE'S WOMEN AND KIDS AROUND!!!!!

chur

Audio.
04-17-2009, 08:47 PM
pfff I left a note. What, no one pays attention to notes now?

Kid Presentable
04-17-2009, 08:49 PM
I GUESS YOU'RE SAYING......"START THE ENGINE". I CAN'T HEAR.....BECAUSE OF ALL THE YELLING.....

Audio.
04-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I GUESS YOU'RE SAYING......"START THE ENGINE". I CAN'T HEAR.....BECAUSE OF ALL THE YELLING.....
I really dont know.... is that a reference to something?

Kid Presentable
04-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Just being silly hee hee.

Blanka is pretty fun to use. Never been a fan of the green man.

Kid Presentable
04-19-2009, 05:31 AM
Audio you were talking about the match-up between Justin and Iyo and I know you're probably well familiar with eventhubs, but here's the link (http://www.eventhubs.com/) for any and all who care. I am geeking a bit, it's just how things go.

That poongko dude is further down the same page, and puts on a clinic. His Gen is fucking wicked; I barely even remember to change stances with that character. So deep. Hats off to good Gen users, man.

Gotta drop something about the bizarre spirit of competition. I get frustrated when I lose, sometimes. Mostly if it's hard work even keeping up with a player and I lose by flucking up my timing or falling victim to my own inconsistencies.

There's one dude in particular against whom I had a 15 - 11 Balrog (me) v Guile (him) series (in his favour - I used Dan one match and just taunted the whole time, thanks Joe). He would use the laughing emoticon and the crybaby emoticon against me when he won. Getting into my head, I guess. But his play style was good for my Balrog in what it could teach me.

He messages me recently with shit like "come and challenge if your not scared wit me lol (sic)". So I accept, knowing he would go straight to Guile and I'd have to concentrate super hard as he picks on mistakes heavily. And we went back and forth for a few, then I got a 5 game streak on him. He came undone completely, and ragequitted in the middle of what was about to be the sixth (player matches, mind you). I played more patiently than I'd ever played - not all of it was pretty, but I managed to put him on the back foot. No emoticons, either.

I just think it's funny how you can like to compete when it's just competitive enough. But not so much that we have to learn a lesson. I think I'm starting to be a bit happier to be beaten; plOk had an answer with his Ryu for everything I did (12 - 0 to him), and I messaged him "I am bruised" and he replied that he went down 20 - 0 against somebody and it hurt but he learned from it. I know these things, it's just nice to know they affect everybody.

Sorry about the essay. I haven't had a passtime for a bit.

Audio.
04-19-2009, 05:46 AM
yeah USA won. We were listening on the radio all of us were huddled as if this was a war for glory. USA thanks to Justin, won against Korea's champion and over Japan's Champion. But because we grew close to Justin over the few months spent listening to him, we really wanted him to this whole tournament (he deserves it) but we really really wanted him to win over Daigo and did not happened. There were no chance. Daigo won 4-0. Jwong wasnt turtling this time which is unusual. But Justin wants Daigo's ass juiced for EVO2k9. That will be the main event of the year if it come to that. We were disappointed he didnt beat Daigo not once but it was all good. USA is now the best in Street Fighter and VS Capcom. WATCH OUT SBO!

I also called that Poongko would be first to lose at finals and Jwong would be USA champ. He is now 2 times USA Champion.

(y)

USA USA USA USA

Audio.
04-19-2009, 05:53 AM
bps are stupid dont waste yourself on that. this week 4/24 Champion Mode.(y)

Kid Presentable
04-19-2009, 05:59 AM
It was player matches.

Championship mode is nice, but I doubt I'll use any of the features. Have you used Fuerte much? So fun.

Audio.
04-19-2009, 06:39 AM
yeah but he is pretty much a wild card. Gotta guess a lot with him.

you use xbox, right?

Kid Presentable
04-19-2009, 07:07 AM
Yeah. His medium punch splash is good.

Audio.
04-19-2009, 07:08 AM
I added pics in the family thread in sure shots

Kid Presentable
04-19-2009, 07:10 AM
Just spied them, they're great. Thanks for that. (y)

Planetary
04-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Finding the fucking things is tough.

Sorry hope I'm not being a prat with my warbling on (the Abel advice and that last post have me showing my stripes.).

nah its all appreciated. im not that hardcore into it but still (y)

Pres Zount
04-19-2009, 11:27 PM
Wanting to get back in the Game, can't because of connection problems.

I've been desperate to get beaten beyond all enjoyment for about a week now.

Kid Presentable
04-22-2009, 08:23 AM
Just dropped a few squids on a TE stick. And now, the wait.

Pres Zount
04-22-2009, 08:24 AM
Awesome. You really do need to do a full review. A play test, if you will.

Pres Zount
04-22-2009, 08:25 AM
I had a dream a while ago where I dressed up (possibly down) as Dhalsim. Now I really just need an excuse to get the fake tan out.

Kid Presentable
04-22-2009, 06:07 PM
In the world, I dunno. On here, 360.

PSN is getting a lot of that disconnect stuff I hear.

Kid Presentable
04-23-2009, 04:49 AM
zebbedee. I main Fuerte, until I lose a few with him.

Audio.
04-25-2009, 08:37 AM
my video in crappy quality - thanks youtube :rolleyes:

I'm Sagat. G3-A 1030GPs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHl1EFj1TtY

Kid Presentable
04-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Waste of time patch, but the online seems a little smoother. I've had 3 5 bar connections, one of whom rage-quit a player match.

ScarySquirrel
04-25-2009, 09:19 AM
I can't believe this topic has seven pages... whoa. Now I know I've definitely got to play this thing sometime soon. Man, I better land a job quick so I can start buying fun stuff again...

Pres Zount
04-25-2009, 09:55 AM
It's mostly the same three or four people babbling crap though. Hardly your average seven pager.

Oh, and nice video Audio.

EDIT: Joel, my name is Joe Vince.

Kid Presentable
04-27-2009, 04:33 AM
Oh I will accept the FR then.

Pres Zount
04-27-2009, 07:04 PM
I guessed it was you, and now I feel sort of proud that I knew that.

I got wireless working again, and just missed you last night Kid P by only a slight moment.

Kid Presentable
04-27-2009, 07:17 PM
We'll meet again. I'm going to try and learn Gen once the stick gets here; I haven't really used him more than 3 times since the mid 90s. I took some terrible beatdowns using him, but a player from Hong Kong gave me the most graceful hiding with him and it got me interested.

Junker
04-27-2009, 07:59 PM
My mate lent me his ps3 with SF4. I still need to learn those combos. My gameplay's still based on World Warrior.

Kid Presentable
04-27-2009, 08:04 PM
Excuses

Audio.
05-01-2009, 05:58 AM
w00t my replay is among psn's top 100 getting close to the 50's.

I stopped playing when i reached G2-E. When you reach i guess above 4000 you advance to G2-D. So, pretty much it will take you ages to get at G1.

Kid Presentable
05-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Got the stick. Too much fun.

The Notorious LOL
05-01-2009, 10:20 AM
Yeah, once you get one there is no turning back as far as Im concerned.

Kid Presentable
05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
My execution is a bit nerfed, but not too bad. I read some posts on another forum, and dudes were like "Glayven, what grip do you use? I hold it wine-glass style and count the clicks to do a fireball" and I was worried. But those guys must just suck a little bit.

I could see it being an issue if you learned Streeties on a pad, though. Anyway. Too much fun. My Fuerte game is expanding.

The Notorious LOL
05-01-2009, 10:31 AM
it took me a long time to get used to doing any sort of quarter circle move facing right with the stick.

Kid Presentable
05-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Yeah it's fucked cause it seems to be in one's head. Abel's back quarter circle kick move I could do fine on the player two side, which would be the same as the fireballs I was struggling with on player one side.

Audio.
05-01-2009, 05:34 PM
its depends with what top you using. I prefer bat top over ball.

Kid Presentable
05-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah I'm easy on either. I mean, I worked in an arcade for 4 years, I figured them all out.

Audio.
05-08-2009, 05:29 AM
w000t I'm top 50 replays! Placing at #41.

I still havent been playing Champion Mode due to me trying to get use to playing with an arcade stick. Plus, my control broke. So, now I gotta spend $40 for another PS3 control. Thats the reason why I havent played since 4/29. The guys that I played against all ready place in top 100 in Grade Points with over 10,000GPs. Like Beserk515, I played him since 4/29 he had over 4000 vs me at 2000 and now he has over 10,000 GPs. I gotta catch up with these guys soon. Buuuut I got school and finals coming up so... I have to wait again. The good thing is my replay video is going up.

Kid Presentable
06-21-2009, 04:52 AM
I got next is coming out. The Trailer. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb76Sn1YvTc&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hyper.com.au%2Fforums%2Fshow thread.php%3Ft%3D12426%26page%3D230&feature=player_embedded)

My flowchart Ryu is coming along. I still struggle with Shoryuken>FADC>Ultra on the player one side, though.

Kid Presentable
06-21-2009, 08:26 AM
Watch out for 1:06 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf62wJbXOKg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.hyper.com.au%2Fforums%2Fshow thread.php%3Ft%3D12426%26page%3D229&feature=player_embedded)

Audio.
06-22-2009, 01:25 AM
YOU MISSED THE TOURNAMENT! Devastation tourney ended today with SF4 and Justin Wong won the finals against John Choi. Shit was EXCITING.

If you happen to miss the first part of the tourney just click on the link
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/1688531

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/jun/21/devastation-tournament-live-stream-and-archived-videos/

Kid Presentable
06-27-2009, 05:41 AM
I Got Next Premiere (http://ufragtv.com/show/i-got-next-movie-premiere)

Audio.
06-27-2009, 06:39 AM
lol oh shit you saw it too. hehe Yeah i cant wait for EVO the guy is gonna film that and make a release for the winter with the footage that we saw today.

Mago winning EVO - Ross. FUCK YEAH, All about Sagat(y)

Kid Presentable
06-27-2009, 10:48 AM
I watched about 15 minutes of I Got Next and realised I could better use the time playing the damn game.

Audio.
06-27-2009, 02:22 PM
shame :(

Kid Presentable
09-27-2009, 10:43 PM
Super SF4 teaser? (http://www.capcom.co.jp/newwarrior/index.html)

Audio.
09-28-2009, 12:49 AM
yep, but it sucks. I posted on the BBMB Gaming Journal of the T.Hawk pictures circling the net.

Honestly, I'm not excited just curious about the new stuff.

Kid Presentable
09-28-2009, 02:09 AM
A multiple focus attack system will make it like SF3, but a car smashing bonus stage would be good.

Audio.
09-28-2009, 12:09 PM
New Pics. MUCH CLEAR DETAILED haha
http://www.jv247.com/classes/photogallery/albums/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_-_360/JRIvsVEG_BTL_032USED.jpg

http://www.jv247.com/classes/photogallery/albums/Super_Street_Fighter_IV_-_360/JRIvsVEG_BTL_032USED.jpg

Audio.
09-28-2009, 11:17 PM
NOW I am excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wic-vIiJQS8&feature=player_embedded

Here's a summary of what Ono had to say.
-Super Street Fighter 4 is tentatively set for a spring 2010 release.

-The update will be released on a disc, and won't be available as DLC (Downloadable Content) — but the game will be priced as an upgrade — not a brand new title.

-As this time, they're thinking of adding about 8 characters to the game. (Rumors currently have this pegged at 10 fighters total).

-Capcom is planning on adding more features to the online modes. Things so people can enjoy playing as a group. (Sounds like lobbies are in).

-There will be tweaks and balance changes, along with more online stuff and new features the developers are adding in.

-Bonus Stages aren't 100% confirmed, but it sounds very likely they'll be making it into Super Street Fighter 4.

-You won't need the original disc to play this update, but fans who have a copy of SF4 will be, "happy to have held on to it," as they'll be receiving something nifty.

-Juri is a Korean Tae Kwan Do fighter and is very important to the storyline.

-They skipped "Champion Edition" and "Turbo" and jumped straight to "Super" for the name of this upgrade because of the scale and size of what they're planning.