PDA

View Full Version : Staying at home

backwoods
10-18-2007, 07:46 PM
So as most of you know already I am a single dad and I take care of my 2 kids each day. They are wonderful little kids and I could not be more thankful for them.

What is difficult sometimes is the fact that their mom moved out of state. Last year she had them every other weekend, but now she has them for a few months in the summer, and also around christmas and spring break.

I guess I'm kinda having a hard time right now because my girlfriend is out with all of our friends from work having a beer and I'm here alone on the Internet. I kinda miss going out, I miss the balance of having fun, nightlife etc and my home life with my kids. I miss spending time as a couple with my girlfriend. Going out dancing, acting foolish, that sort of thing.

I'm very blessed to be given my two wonderful children and there isn't a day that goes by that I'm not grateful for each of them. I'm just kinda missing going out and raising a little hell now and again. It's tough sometimes.

single parents in the house? * slaps hi5s * ;)

I think it's my social obligation to pop out sad-sack threads like this from time to time.

:(

ericlee
10-18-2007, 09:03 PM
I wish I could have my little girl everyday and would take her over a social life. We're in different predicimants though, I've got alot of free time and only get to see her a few times a year.

HEIRESS
10-18-2007, 09:09 PM
I should probably pop out some kids. They would be a complimentary addition to my hermit lifestyle.

HEIRESS
10-18-2007, 09:10 PM
ps. the hawk is dying (http://http://imdb.com/title/tt0412808/) is a pretty fucked up movie and Im only 10 minutes in.

cookiepuss
10-18-2007, 09:21 PM
I love staying home. I really do. I'm over crowded bars and pissing away money on overpriced drinks.

RobMoney$
10-18-2007, 09:25 PM
I take care o' my kids

RobMoney$
10-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I love staying home. I really do. I'm over crowded bars and pissing away money on overpriced drinks.

Word...

I was over the club scene by the time I was 22.
Strip Clubs too, can't stand 'em.

I've been raising my kids ever since my wife and I split up about 5 years ago. This place served as a social outlet for me during some of those years when it was just my kids and me and I didn't have the freedom or the money to go out.

I'm thankful I had kids soo young. Now that my kids are teenagers I'm only 35 and more financially secure than I was when they were babies. I can afford to go to NYC or AC whenever my girlfriend and I get the urge and my kids are old enogh to take care of themselves.

Knuckles
10-18-2007, 09:54 PM
You still have the same girlfriend Rob?

If so, tell her hello for me. :)

RobMoney$
10-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Yeah, the same girl.

It's been almost 3 years for us now.
She's working for a large law firm in town by day and going to grad school by night.

Yetra Flam
10-18-2007, 10:34 PM
I would have seriously major problems having a relationship with a guy who already has kids. I know that sounds bad, but that would be a major dealbreaker for me. I couldn't handle that shit.

HEIRESS
10-18-2007, 11:08 PM
ps. the hawk is dying (http://http://imdb.com/title/tt0412808/) is a pretty fucked up movie and Im only 10 minutes in.

ok, it ended up being a fantastic movie.
made me cry even
:/

Loppfessor
10-19-2007, 12:30 AM
Aaaanyway back to what backwoods was talking about. I hear ya man. I have dated a few women with kids and it's always kind of rough. If nothing else finding a babysitter is a pain in the ass. Hell even on the nights I stay in I sometimes get ansy and that feeling that I"m missing out on something. The actual truth is you're not missing out on anything at all. It's the same people doing the same shit at the same places. Even still maybe you should get in one of those single parent support groups. They take turns babysiting and such so the other parents can go out. Just a thought

Lyman Zerga
10-19-2007, 02:35 AM
it's all unusual when i hear how many dads care about their kids, my dad was happy when he finally got rid of us

no sympathy needed, asshole! this just isnt normal to me

hpdrifter
10-19-2007, 11:34 AM
I don't think you should feel bad for that. You're still young (30ish, right?) its normal to want to go out.

I have those same thoughts sometimes because I want to have kids but I get scared that I'll never get to have fun again.

I guess I'd say make use of babysitters whenever possible. Is your family or her family nearby?

Seriously, if you want to go out on a weekend you don't need to feel guilty at all, its normal.

I should clarify that I don't condone your whole life revolving around partying (a la Britney) but one a week or every two weeks or something is pretty reasonable.

cookiepuss
10-19-2007, 12:09 PM
I would have seriously major problems having a relationship with a guy who already has kids. I know that sounds bad, but that would be a major dealbreaker for me. I couldn't handle that shit.

I think I would have to agree. it can cause some difficulties from what I've seen with friends, but then again it's turned out great for others. still I don't think that type of situation is for me.